• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Tapering Heroin

Man do this.

Use what you want. If you think tapering will work. When you're done getting high.

Ativan
Clondine
Haldol
Seroquel

READ BELOW FOR NAUSEA !!!!

Ondansetron its given to cancer patients, and preg women. It took my nasssstyyyy illness away earlier this week and I was thinking about how useful those could be for wd and why no one has mentioned it. Maybe they have and I'm using a big name. Its super good. It will take the nasty ill effects away after about 15 minutes 20 tops. It works real well and it even comes in these dissolve flavored tabs you can put under your tongue. I want to know more one this one.

Good luck bro, I lost my girl over drugs, don't lose the love of your life over them too. You will regret it. Peace and love. H killed me twice, but still alive thanks to friends that knew CPR and both times < 1 bag. Crazy huh? Don't fuck with it after Thursday, for her, and most importantly, for you.

Hey thanks

Thanks for the advice man, I would really like to get seroquel...that would be a godsend for me since I know how much I crave sleep when withdrawing but it's almost impossible with heroin withdrawal even if I taper I'm sure it'll still be hard. For now still have clonidine on the side and some ativan so that should definitely help...don't want to take ativan more than once and only at night when I do withdraw and clonidine shouldn't be bad to take throughout the day 2-3 times a day. But even on that stuff, I don't really sleep. But I still have some time til I get to cold turkey day...I am going to the hospital on wednesday to get my hand checked out instead of today. I will ask to get some seroquel...maybe they will prescribe it, I really hope they do. Would be a nice add so I can get through it. I am already feeling like crap by the way at 2:43 am with only one bag of heroin today....I will take some benadryl to knock me out soon probably will wake up at like 10am 12 pm already going through some withdrawal for sure. But tomorrow well technically today again on one bag then 3/4s the next day! I am determined to do this even though I slipped one day...it's still further than most have gotten to tapering heroin and I only have ten dollars in my pocket which is PERFECT since that's all I'm allowed to have to get my dose. Thank God my father is supporting me and keeping an eye on me. Makes tapering so much easier even though the craving is bad to have more and the withdrawal between doses and severe depression I wake up with makes it very difficult. I can see why people can't taper...it's obvious but it's the only way I see myself getting to cold turkey without having serious issues with cold turkey so I can finally get through it with more manageable symptoms instead of doing what I did before haha...4-6 bags a day to nothing...OUCH. Ok...I'll be back tomorrow to reupdate on my second day of one bag of heroin a day...then so on.

krazykotter

You are absolutely right bro...that's exactly why I'm quitting, it hasn't taken my girl from me yet...but it will, but it already is taking away my love for life...it's gotten that far...9 months of using heroin and clean period before that and another 12 months of using will do that to ya....it makes you sick and tired eventually. I'm at that point where I can't take using anymore...an as easy as it is to relapse...it's all still worth it.

Honestly though, I'm more afraid of what's up with my hand than the withdrawal...of course I'm scared of the withdrawals but that always ends, my left hand finger tips have brown discoloration for a couple of weeks already and very light tingliness that comes and goes...it's so weird. Almost all my veins are shot....they are useless can't shoot them anymore so that makes me wonder if I caused permanent damage that might require amputation. That scares me so much right now it's not even funny. Even withdrawal seems liek a breeze compared to if that happened. But yea, I mentioned already that I'm goign to the hospital to get it checked out. Anyone have similar problems when IVing with very strange feelings in their hands...tingliness very mild....discoloration of a couple fingertips (like brown color)....hands feel totally different than before using...like they are always a bit swollen with blood but not always...comes and goes you know. I'm pretty sure I shot into an artery like an idiot a few months ago and I heard of symptoms that come many months later from that...I know cause it had no high, and it was bright red blood, pain but not as bad as some people say at all. I wonder if it was just a miss or maybe lower parts of arms have brighter blood...cause my wrist veins I used have lighter blood even though I know it wasn't an artery. not like my pulse is shot or anything thank God...pulse is strong but still has me worried. Or maybe I'm wrong....I dno't know. I've gotten shots into veins that hurt like hell too and I know those were vein shots cause it was dark blood and I got really high in the past. That happened a few weeks ago...as the heroin ran through the vein it hurt...it was odd. I don't know if any of this stuff is common...anyone have any advice or knows about this...tell me please.

im in chitown 2 in sw suburbs but i got a bomb connect fer h near 95th halsted bro

Hey

Please don't say that. I'm trying to QUIT here if you hadn't noticed. I'm down to one bag today and tomorrow I'm hitting 3/4s a bag so as you can see I'm tapering to quit heroin, I don't need any bomb connects. I can't do that to myself and I won't so please go to another forum if you want to show off your bomb connect. I don't need that crap and I already have a connect obviously since I'm taking heroin and tapering it down. My connect has really good stuff and the quality is consistent so this is why I'm tapering successfully...please don't offer me a connect, that ain't cool man especially since you know I'm trying to taper down and quit on Thursday. Go to another forum please brother. I don't need that kind of temptation.

Anyway, for today's update, just wanted to let everyone know that my withdrawal in between doses is getting less and less which means the taper is working and my body is getting used to being without heroin for a good period of time and my body seems to be handling tapering down to one bag very well since it's not a huge shock to my system when I do finally quit. I handled going down from 1 1/2 bags to one bag quit easily....not totally easy but easier than I thought which is great cause the taper is working if that's the case. I am going to go on 3/4s bag tomorrow and 1/2 the day after so the doses just keep dwindling down and I seriously got a good rush off one bag, as good as when I was taking 4-6 bags a day which like I said means I am lowering my tolerance significantly so I can quit much easier and actually succeed in quitting H. So far so good. I"m really happy that this is working out better than I expected. It's short life makes it very possilbe to taper down every day with tolerable discomfort. Discomfort from withdrawals is pretty uncomfortable no matter how you look at it but at least it's enough for me to handle it and not feel like I'm going crazy while tapering down my doses til I get to 1/2 a bag at which point withdrawal should be significantly easier and I'll be able to succeed this time. So just to let everyone know...this is working great and I really encourage those that have good willpower and are very serious about quitting heroin to taper before doing cold turkey since it works like a charm with a short half life drug only if you taper to doses that are taken just ONCE day to allow for some withdrawal between doses. It really prepares the body for the big day and I'm living proof that this is working. I'm so happy it's working because I don't want ot go from daily use of 4-6 bags to quitting from that higher dose cold turkey...it would be hell for me and the chances of relapsing consequently much higher. so yea, nothing but good news today and a successful taper thus far. Thanks for everyone for helping me get through this and offering top notch advise...no thanks to you buddy that's offering me a good connect! You should never encourage someone that is trying to quit to use more heroin or find a new connect, that isn't going to help me at all man!!!

George

i'm sure it's been said already but my favorite thing to taper off heroin is suboxones and benzos(either xanax or klonopin).

good luck.

if you can't find any of those you gotta just deal with the w/d's with some immodium. good luck friend.

Soo....

I tapered down to 1/2 bag today...tomorrow time to enter into hell...going to stay with my cousin. Here goes...this is it. Cold turkey time. Won't be online for about a week cause he has no internet for me to use but at least I'll be away from Chicago heroin. Wish me luck people...I'll check this page once again tomorrow before i leave. I'm scared to death but I have no choice. It's about time to quit and I got down to 1/2 bag which was a huge accomplishment for me. 4-6 bags to 1/2 bag....whoooo.....ugh. Felt horrible doing it but this should make the withdrawal that much easier. I can't believe I did it but fuck here we go. I'm still scared of withdrawal it won't be easy regardless of the taper but it'll still be so much easier than going from 4-6 bags to nothing like I originally did which was a major failure. This should be ten times easier but still 110% difficult. You all know what I mean if you went through withdrawal before...or maybe the few of you that managed to taper heroin successfully. Who knows...we'll see. I am happy that I'm finally here but at the same time not happy that I will be going through the gates of hell and back.

My thoughts are with you SubPop. I am not a herion or opiate addict, but I have a lot of experience with those addictions from my family. I know you are going to make it. You have the drive and will power to succeed. Please know that you are in my thoughts and are an inspiration to others. <3

So, how did it go? ive been waiting paitently to hear from you again!

This thread is over 2 years old and the OP hasn't logged on in about 9 months so I don't know if you will find out how it went.

First, I want to apologize for replying to such an old thread. But I have some advice that could really help people, so I'd like to provide it.

A lot of people have stated that it isn't possible for most to taper using heroin because the temptation is too great to just blow through your stash and get high on it all at the same time. This is true; however, swim found a solution that's fool proof (at least for swim). Swim locks his supply up in a lock box, with his daily doses separated out and give the key to his roommate, telling her to give it to him only once a day. That way, swim only have one opportunity to dose and he doesn't have issues with doing more than he's allotted, because the doses he's set aside are just enough for relief but not enough to get him high. Swim's issue in the past with tapering off H was not doing it all at once, but gradually doing too much throughout the course of the day. The lock box plan is the perfect solution. You can get one for like $30-50 at Wally World (or wherever).

Finally, swim has found that tapering using H is much easier than doing it with sub, which he has tried, because of its much shorter half life. Also, swim actually enjoys taking his daily doses, even though they're not enough to get him high. The ritual and taste of the drug provide a subtle euphoria even at diminishing allotments of the drug that make swim less likely to relapse for psychological reasons (relapse meaning going out and buying enough H to get high). Swim has had trouble with this while on lower doses of suboxone, because it doesn't hit all the receptors, leaving swim depressed and still battling psychological wd symptoms. So yeah, if you do it right, an H taper is the way to go. Just remember to either do what swim has done with a lock box or find someone else to hold onto your doses (someone else who isn't a junky that is lol).