• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Different kinds of heroin

wouldntulike2know

Bluelighter
Ok, I am fairly new to this, and i know that this question has probably been asked before. OK, So where i am from white powder heroin is unheard of. It is impossible and unheard of to actually get your hands on. In fact, i dont even know anyone that has ever even seen it. So, What is the difference in these types of heroin? I mean, i know that from what i have read that white powder is supposed to be stronger ( i cant even imagine something being stronger than the stuff i get) and purer. Why is it that where i am from (down south, USA) that the white powdery stuff is unheard of???

I know i am prolly going to get some mean responses to this so please just try to bare with me. I honestly dont know.

Last edited:
It all depends on your area really. Alot of tar comes up from mexico so the more southern states will end up with more of it than the northern ones, but it makes its way around. Im in bmore and I have never seen tar, not even once.

We have two different kinds around here. Scramble(white fluffy powder, highly cut but dissolves good for IV) and raw(tannish heavier base powder that wont dissolve for IV). Here, the raw is alot stronger than the scramble, usually snorters buy raw and IV users get scramble, I used to buy both and switch it up. The scramble came in little plastic/gel capsules and the raw came in stamp bags. Alot of the scramble I bought has some type of cut that would clog the fuck out of your nose so people would have to IV it.

I dont know why your sources are limited, but it usually goes by area. My buddy had gotten ahold of the scramble BEFORE they cut it down, and man was that shit intense, I IV'd a little bump of the shit and almost OD'd8o

IM from south USA too and I know what you mean about not getting white heroin(which I have gotten on only a couple of occasions) and how we only get the black tar heroin or the brown powder which is simply the tar cut with lactose.

Alot of people say that tar is of poor quality compared to other types of heroin but I strongly disagree. Ive gotten PURE tar straight from mexico that all I needed was 0.1 g's in a shot to be drooling from the mouth, hunched over high(this was during the time I was EXTREMELY TOLERANT TO OPIATES...ie...4 80mg oxy's would make me feel allright) The shit was GOOOOOOOOD. And I also noticed that the more it smelled like vinegar the stronger it was....every time. but some people claim that this isnt a good way to judge potency but it has worked perfectly for me soo far....but I do agree that technically it doesnt guarantee that the heroin is of good quality...its just where I come from....it does....the more vinegar you smell/taste...the better it is....BY FAR.

Well i can get good white powder heroin in Memphis,TN, New Orleans, Orlando,Fl, they have it in Atlanta,and even some in alabama..where are you at?

IM from south USA too and I know what you mean about not getting white heroin(which I have gotten on only a couple of occasions) and how we only get the black tar heroin or the brown powder which is simply the tar cut with lactose.

Alot of people say that tar is of poor quality compared to other types of heroin but I strongly disagree. Ive gotten PURE tar straight from mexico that all I needed was 0.1 g's in a shot to be drooling from the mouth, hunched over high(this was during the time I was EXTREMELY TOLERANT TO OPIATES...ie...4 80mg oxy's would make me feel allright) The shit was GOOOOOOOOD. And I also noticed that the more it smelled like vinegar the stronger it was....every time. but some people claim that this isnt a good way to judge potency but it has worked perfectly for me soo far....but I do agree that technically it doesnt guarantee that the heroin is of good quality...its just where I come from....it does....the more vinegar you smell/taste...the better it is....BY FAR.

Yea, same here with the vinegar thing. The more acidic it smelled the better it was, usually.
I used to open a cap/bag and take a quick wiff to decide if I should sink my paycheck into this one guy or to grab a few and look elsewhere.

I never new that the brownish powder was just cut tar. I prefered the white, but than again I prefered it because I could cook it up with minimal effort. But the tannish brown powder was always more potent than the white fluff, one stamp of the tan sniffed had me pretty good, while one cap of the white IV'd was a better rush, but wore off waaay to quick...

Yea, same here with the vinegar thing. The more acidic it smelled the better it was, usually.
I used to open a cap/bag and take a quick wiff to decide if I should sink my paycheck into this one guy or to grab a few and look elsewhere.

I never new that the brownish powder was just cut tar. I prefered the white, but than again I prefered it because I could cook it up with minimal effort. But the tannish brown powder was always more potent than the white fluff, one stamp of the tan sniffed had me pretty good, while one cap of the white IV'd was a better rush, but wore off waaay to quick...

When you say tan powder, you do realize all your takling about is brown powder(tar cut with lactose) that is cut even more to make it an even lighter brown color...i.e...tan. I even used to sell heroin and I would take the pure tar....put it in a coffee grinder, add lactose, and blend.....I would usually make it into a dark brown powder(which usually was 1 part heroin, for every 3 or 4 parts lactose).....but sometimes to make more money I would make it a tan powder(1 part heroin for every 6-7 parts lactose)....either way it was all good quality heroin because the tar I started with was SOOOOOO FUCKING PURE.

^^^^also...sometimes when you get "white" heroin...its not necessarily the "china white" kind that people talk about....sometimes(especially where I live) if its white...that simply means that it started out as black tar....but had been cut with lactose SOOOOO much that it ended up looking like a white powder(very impure/low quality....like you said....the tan stuff was more ptent than the white powder). When you get white powder like the kind I just described...lots of times you can even see tiny brown/black specks of the actual heroin in it if you look hard enough.....this shows you how much heroin is actually in the powder. If your buying white heroin...make sure its actually PURE WHITE heroin and isnt just a bag of lactose with a speck of hreoin in there.

Texas

And James- i use the vinegar smell thing as well. lol

mmm mm good....I loooove the smell of vinegar....alllthough it has a rancid taste.(i only love the smell because of the heroin relation btw).

wouldntulike2know are you from like harlingen or something?...waaaay down at the tip of texas?

^^^^also...sometimes when you get "white" heroin...its not necessarily the "china white" kind that people talk about....sometimes(especially where I live) if its white...that simply means that it started out as black tar....but had been cut with lactose SOOOOO much that it ended up looking like a white powder(very impure/low quality....like you said....the tan stuff was more ptent than the white powder). When you get white powder like the kind I just described...lots of times you can even see tiny brown/black specks of the actual heroin in it if you look hard enough.....this shows you how much heroin is actually in the powder. If your buying white heroin...make sure its actually PURE WHITE heroin and isnt just a bag of lactose with a speck of hreoin in there.

Your 100% right about the white over here, I never actually thought about it before, but I do seem to remember that the 'dirtier' the stuff looked, the better it ended up being, which is why I used to smell check the stuff alot. The powder was always real fluffy and looked like scrambled eggs, hence the term 'scramble'.

Im not sure about the tan shit though, we had a few batches that were amazing, and the lighter the color the better it was, and when it was a darker brownish it was not as good. A few of the light tan good batches even dissolved almost completely for IV, just some stuff floating in it that a cotton would get rid of, the dark shit would not cook in pure water.

Your 100% right about the white over here, I never actually thought about it before, but I do seem to remember that the 'dirtier' the stuff looked, the better it ended up being, which is why I used to smell check the stuff alot. The powder was always real fluffy and looked like scrambled eggs, hence the term 'scramble'.

Im not sure about the tan shit though, we had a few batches that were amazing, and the lighter the color the better it was, and when it was a darker brownish it was not as good. A few of the light tan good batches even dissolved almost completely for IV, just some stuff floating in it that a cotton would get rid of, the dark shit would not cook in pure water.

First of all.....I have NEVER heard the term "scramble" what the hell is that??

Second....that good tan shit your takling about probably isnt what I was talking about..its the other kind of tan shit....basically from the other end of the spectrum....it was more than likely "china white" heroin cut with shit that made it look tan... that would also explain why it was better the lighter it was....that meant it had less cut in it.....also that would explain why it dissolved easier....it was more pure.

Problem with my area is that it's really hit or miss, and for some reason in the last five years, the prices have gone up and the quality has gone down, it's gone from raw to scramble pretty fast. They don't know how to properly cut either. Fuckin' ridiculous. I'd take tar any day over what's going on here. There's no true open air market either.

Problem with my area is that it's really hit or miss, and for some reason in the last five years, the prices have gone up and the quality has gone down, it's gone from raw to scramble pretty fast. They don't know how to properly cut either. Fuckin' ridiculous. I'd take tar any day over what's going on here. There's no true open air market either.

You never said where your from??

jamesbrown where are you from? Texas sucks - i live there i would know. I can cook the shit up myself from morphine sulfate tabs and i still get tar, powder is underrated, afghans are the shit

SKN- Really, wow who talks about where there from? I love Texas born and raised, baby. I have a HUGE tat of texas on the back on my neck (most people would never know this unless i have my hair up then its hard not to notice).

James- I am currently living in Dallas. I am getting used to being in the city i grew up in a really small town that i am positive that you would have never heard of. I have been living in dallas for less than two months.I think i remember you saying that you were from san antonio. I have visited there several times. Its beautiful....for the most part when you're not shooing off the homeless.

No, i dont believe that he was talking shit to you. I think that he was just talking shit on Tejas!

Are you on any of the social networking sites?... Facebook...Myspace?

First of all.....I have NEVER heard the term "scramble" what the hell is that??

Not sure if the term is only common around here or it is more widespread, but I always assumed it was called scramble because it looked like scrambled eggs, and that the heroin was 'scrambled' with alot of cut.

I see you use the term scramble as well.
Here we have several open air markets, guys walk around shouting boy(heroin) or girl(cocaine/crack)...