• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

snorting opana-oxymorphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanrenee07

Greenlighter
i have a 40mg oxymorphone... myself and a friend want to snort it but dont know if this will give us the best result. is it a good idea? does it affect you the same way? any info on this pill is welcome. <3%);)

Opana has a very poor oral bioavailability ( <=10% ). If you eat a fatty meal (think McDonalds QP w/ cheese + fries + coke) you'll boost the bioavailablity SOME, but not a great amount.

Snorting is probably the best ROA with Opana, though I can't comment on "how much better" it is because I don't snort.

...and anyway, if it were me I would IV it....works waaaaaay better than any other ROA for that drug. Wish I could recommend another ROA but I can't.....it would be a lie....and a waste.

whats ROA? Im new. yes that was me. i dont IV and i hope i never do. im just scared of needles and shit.

ROA= route of administration.....i.e.....sublingual, intranasal, oral, IV, rectal, etc....

and I was scared of needles too before I became a HUGE heroin addict....i respect your choice not to IV....but unfortunately there isnt another way to take this medication that will even come close to the BA (bioavailability) of IV'ing it.

If you really choose not to IV, I would snort it, and if for some reason that wont work...I would sell it to somebody else.

Ive heard that rectal adinistration(plugging) of opana er doesnt work too well for some resaon....not sure why....i guess it's just hear-say since I can't source where I got my information from but I still wouldn't do it....especially if youve never plugged before....40 mg's of opana is ALOT...which means its expensive/valuable...and i would be a shame if some or all of it was wasted while trying unsuccessfully to plug it.

As this is an HR board it's probably best if the people telling the guy to shoot the opanas to use a micron filter. Shooting pills is :p

Snorting the pill will definitely work. If you dont have a tolerance you may want to just snort a quarter. I have snorted hundreds of the opana 40s. They seem to build a quick tolerance though, and are not as euphpric as oxycontin, however, the first couple seem very euphoric but quickly become dull.

Eat a fatty meal, and 30 minutes later rail that shit. Opana is a godly feeling when insufflated. Just be careful, it's strong as hell.

Insuflate it (snort it) after crushing it very well (preferably with a pill grinder which you can find at walgreens). Opana crushed insuflated is the best opiate high I have ever had, and I have had oxycodone OP/Insuflated, Dilaudid IV 6 mg, Morphine IV many mgs, Poppy Pod Tea (which is quite incredible), codeine, hydrocodone, fentanyl, methadone... etc.

Please make sure that your dosage correlates with your tolerance level so you do not OD. Make sure someone is with you if you are not positive about the dosage. I did 20mgs insuflated, sometimes 30, but my tolerance is very high.

I will agree with Death&Decay^ that Opana isn't as euphoric as oxycodone insuflated, but it is more of an upper opiate feeling. It has a lot of euphoria to me... the insuflated 'high duration' was longer than oxycodone IMO

Oh my...

OPANA ER is full of silicates.

You are snorting fiberglass. Check the main OPANA thread there are going to be thousands of people in 5 years going into massive unstoppable lung failure and dying due to snorting this drug.

the anti-abuse system Opana ER uses, TimerX, will gel up but can still be effective while used intranasally. However, the anti-abuse mechanism is made up of Silica Microcrystalline cellulose, and I'm not sure exactly for this, but inhaling silicates is generally pretty horrible

Silicified microcrystalline cellulose is not the same as microcrystalline cellulose, and is only present in the TimerX anti-abuse mechanism that only Opana uses AFAIK. Inhaling silicone can cause Silicosis and is not something I'd want to fuck with.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicosis

I'll add information about silicated microcrystalline cellulose to the project I am working on. Thanks for sharing about this potentially hazardous inactive ingredient.

Yea Im pretty sure that girl allready has gone through the whole pill. she only had one 40 mg opana er. Anyway....if it were me id shoot it(micron filtered) but othereise i would just swallow it on a full stomache because of the shit in the pill.

i know there is a mega-thread, but i'll respond.

Opana ER is best insuffulated. It is impossible to shoot because the time-release system is extremely sophisticated and will gel in water.

I don't think alot of silicates get into your lungs... mostly stop in your nostrils and nasal cavity, the drug is absorbed and you blow it out when you blow your nose... the drip goes into your tummy and the rest is expelled with mucous. It may be dangerous, but you could be overstating it.
My OPANA IR's are perfect as they contain no silicates and are just plain-ass pills, no anti-abuse mechanism, but they only go up to 10 mg.

as for dosing, take the mg's of opana, multiply by 10, then divide in half, this will tell you how much equivalent Morphine is getting into your system (the easiest drug to judge by).
so... 40mg ER is 40 x 10 = equivalent to 400mg morphine divide by 2 (nasal OM has 50% bio-availability) and you are taking equivalent 200mg's of morphine. That's alot.
Be careful.

There is a thread started in advanced discussion if you think you can research and add to it. A brave soul might call the manufacturer.

There are LOTS of reports of people dying just by being AROUND silicates in the air - much less intentionally snorting them into your lungs.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=521995

I've been insufflating opana ER 40mg and opana IR 10mg for the past 3 weeks or so and have discovered that if you use the nasal ROA, scraping the coating off instead of sucking it off will cause it to gel up in your nose a LOT less (This applies only to the ER's, as the IRs have no special coating and do not gel up at all). You will still have an unpleasant drip but which drips aren't unpleasant haha...well except for clonazepam and cocaine :p

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the Brand name 10mg IR and generic 10mg IR (besides less fillers and such)? If my insurance will cover the brand name I'll try it with next months prescription.

First: if this person has an Opana 40, it is almost certainly an ER and thus it is unlikely that she will be able to shoot or plug it thanks to the TimeRx mechanism.

Second: while I don't want to minimize the horror of silicosis, it's most unlikely indeed that anyone is going to get mesothelemia from snorting one (or even a few) Opanas.

Third: I would recommend the OP and her friend split 1/4 of the Opana 40 to start. If they are both opiate-naive, 5mg of insufflated oxymorphone should be more than enough for the desired effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.