• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Chronic Pain MEGA Thread

Who is your doctor???? Mine does not care.

I wish this was a newer post so I could find out who your doctor is! It would mean the world to me to find Someone who:
A. Cared
B. Helped me rid myself of pain!

Kindness and pain relief do not go together anymore. HELP!

Hi. I suffer from Chronic Pain due to blood clots from tummy down to knees and their occluded in groin area which makes it hard to stand or walk. I also had my colon out a year ago and still suffer abdominal pain from it. I currently am in pain management and on MS Contin 60mg x day and Dilaudid 8mg x 6 day. The MS Contin sucks but my insurance doesn't cover anything. My Dr wants me on Exalgo which is extended release dilaudid. Sounds great but not even with prior authorization will insurance do it. It's like 890$ out of pocket. So the dilaudid does the heavy lifting for my pain so I've def become dependent on it. It's sad us chronic pain suffers are prone to become addicts bc of our medication. I talked to my dr last week how it's just now working as well bc my tolerance is up but she wants to do something with my extended release. She won't touch my dilaudid which I feel she can like give me a few doses of 12mg instead of 8. That's alright. I take things into my own hands which is last thing I should do but screw it. Feels like I have bowling balls in my groin and someone is stabbing me in the abdomen. I feel I should be on higher doses of both my Meds. I'm also on kolonopin so their worried upping anything would cause interaction. Anyway, I was on a thread like this before and we were Ike family. I'm glad I found another chronic pain thread. Take care

Closeau..--I was wondering about u u haven't been on the pain megathread v.7.... I just posted update on my search for new dr...I finally have appt in a couple weeks ....woo hoo...
How have u been doing...?

That's great!! Time will fly by. I went to our post but said cannot post in this tread anymore and it says archive. Idk. I'm doin man. Wish I had more pain relief and sick of being pee tested every visit cause I smoked some weed in Jan. Dilaudid is great but very short acting so I need a better ER but I have no options except Fentanyl which I don't want. It jacks up your tolerance so I won't feel my dilaudids. Maybe Fentanyl is the answer idk. I feel ok mostly but it flares and nothing helps it then. I'm on kolonopin for anxiety but I've had lots of anxiety lately and that's the number one reason for increased pain. The head dr of my pain clinic was explaining it to me in Jan. He's a shrink too and he said nothing's worse for chronic pain than anxiety. So I'm sure that's going on. I see my shrink tomorrow so maybe we can do something more about my anxiety. Prob won't raise my benzos cause they interact, or can, with opiates. So prob hydroxizine. I used to be on it. That might do the trick. Anyway, great to see you out here and glad you got an appt. Good luck with it and I hope it goes your way. Feel free to message me anytime. Later

The problem with Fentanyl IMO/E is its strength. It could be really hard to come off or in case you to change to other medication. Of course it all depends on the dosage. I used to wear those 3 day patches after one of my surgeries. It's pretty effective for long term pains. But I felt a bit heavy and drowsy with time.

I'm not sure this thread is still active, but maybe that's ok. I've got so much pent up inside and just need to spill it somewhere. Here is as good as any...active or not.

Prince is an asshole.

I know, it's not kind, nor is it PC to be upset with addicts. I, myself, have always been chubby. I love to eat. But not even I can stretch this to a point where I can 'relate' with drug addicts. Prince was the straw that broke the camel's back. Now, I'm really, really bitter.

17 years ago, I went to walk outside with my 2 yo son. I stopped in the doorway, feeling incredibly sick. I was so weak. It hit me suddenly; completely out of the blue. Then came the aches and pains, and the feeling of some kind of gnawing of the bones in my legs. Then the pain. Holy God...the pain. They said it was fibromyalgia and put me on tramadol and Elavil. For over ten years, the pain continued to grow. So did the exhaustion. I went to so many clinics. Was dismissed as a drug seeker by many. I was taking up to 20 tramadol a day and out of my mind with pain. Pain in my back (I had fractured a vertebrae at 19 and quickly develops arthritis, spinal stenosis, had 3 back surgeries) pain in my legs and arms. I couldn't wear tight clothes. And the fatigue would see me go to bed on a Friday night and literally not get out until work on Monday.

I struggled for 12 years, trying to get someone to listen. Twelve years. That's what it took to finally get the correct diagnosis of Dercum's Syndrome, along with the worsening of my back. Two weeks ago, they found another bulging disc in my neck. And so the wheels continue to turn.

I am currently on tramadol, fentenyl patch, oxychodone, and ibuprofen for pain. An extended release adderall and 2 additional addrall for the fatigue. Not to mention blood pressure meds. Two years ago, at 46, my conditions cost me my career. I have worked since I was 13 and never less than 2 jobs until my 40s. You would think that the pain would be the worst part of my life. But it's not. It's the treatment, and fallout from addicts and the high profile (no pun intended) drug deaths like Princes, that have made my life hell.

I have signed every every drug contract, passed every drug test, picked my meds up at the right time and have never lost them or had them stolen. I take them as I'm supposed to and, before ever moving up to a stronger dose, I max out the current drug until the efficacy is exhausted. For example, I stretched hydrochodone to 6 years before oxychodone.,.i have to do this because neither Dercum's nor back problems are kind enough to kill you. Dercums simply causes moderate to severe pain from lipomas forming under your skin and grinding on the nerves in your legs and arms (imagine dreading a shower because the fucking WATER hurts) and the back pain is simply an additional misery thrown in to ensure that, on the days the Dercums pain is more managed than average, the back pain can kick in and prevent me from having more than one or two days a month where I can honestly say my pain level is a 3, instead of the normal 5 or 6.

For the record...our technological advancements in the past 50 years are almost unfathomable, but we're still relying on paper with faces ranging from happy to sad to treat pain. How goddamed ridiculous is that??

i didn't share this for sympathy. I wanted to show you a bit of my world in hopes you won't judge me too harshly when I say that I would really like to take the people who are adding yet another hellish layer to my life (and others who suffer from shit they don't deserve) because of goddamed addicts and the Princes of the world. Addicts have no idea what we...the VICTIMS...have to go through to get the meds that never take the pain away...they merely damp them down so I can make it to an occasional baseball game or awards ceremony or birthday party for one of my three boys. None of whom, mind you, has ever known a mother that wasn't sick. But even now, the proverbial noose keeps tightening around our necks as more and more doctors stop prescribing pain meds and the FDA intensifies their witch hunts. So, not only do addicts fuck up their own lives, they're fucking up the lives...or the bits that may resemble a life....of people like me. People who suffer due to no fault of their own. I have never gotten 'high' off my meds. Maybe I'm not predisposed to become mentally addicted to pain meds (although I am physiologically addicted...no one who takes meds for chronic pain can avoid that...I remember going cold turkey off of tramadol 10 years ago...almost ended up with me seriously considering suicide) I realize there are people who ARE predisposed to become addicted easily. I'm no different...25 years ago, I tried cocaine and loved it. Loved it more than I could put into words. So, I never did it again because I knew I'd be lost. So that's another reason I despise addicts. You can stop. You have a choice. I don't. Now you might see where you piss me off.

Again...I realize I'm just a mean person who has no empathy for people who just like getting high and don't want to stop. You're right. I AM feeling quite angry, resentful and unsympathetic. Because it is these people who are so fucking self-absorbed with getting their high that they couldn't care less about people who suffer from illness such as cancer, leukemia, Dercums, and many other illnesses where the only treatment available is managing the pain (and notice I say 'manage'. If you're in chronic pain, the goal is to manage...never get rid of pain. Do that and you'll be snuggled up beside Price before too long) That's ALL we have. And we-along with our families-get precious little quality time together. I have missed so much of my kids lives, not to mention my own,,,adding further, unnecessary complications to getting my meds is just fucked up evil and I despise you for it.

I'm glad there is a place where I can vent. I realize I am not going to win any popularity contests, but addicts need to get their heads out of their asses and understand that your boredom and dissatisfaction with life (that you could change, but don't want to because it's too hard) or those who weren't hugged enough by mommy and daddy, isn't an excuse to sit on your ass and get high. You do it because you're lazy. And you think YOUR pain is the only pain that matters. You are selfish and self-absorbed. And while you may be thinking the same about me, you need to remember that I am the one who is doing the right thing and holding up my end of the bargain. My way allows me to get treatment, while setting a positive example with doctors so that they will be available and willing to help for others who suffer. Last but not least, I have chronic, severe pain. Your way closes off avenues for others and causes so many go suffer because you want to subvert the system and get fucked up. So, if I'm self-absorbed, it doesn't affect anything. Yours affects everything. So stop being assholes and simply stop. Take up vaping, pot, exercise, religion or what ever it takes to stop all of this insanity. Whatever it takes for you to stop causing innocent people, who are victimized by diseases and illness, considerably more hell than they're already dealing with.

And if if you don't, just know that Prince....and YOU...will always be complete assholes. Neither of you deserve the lives-lives not spent struggling with physical pain and the anguish from missing out on the lives of our children and families-you were given.

I have several responses to you, some nice, some not so nice. I will just say if you want to be pissed at someone, be pissed at the pharmaceutical companies who develop medications that are so highly addictive and not releasing effective nonaddictive options. Their bottom line is profit and it's far more lucrative to have your customers "need" your product above all else.

Addiction is an illness like the afflictions you suffer from. What you may see as purely hedonistic selfish behaviour is actually someone trying to alleviate the mental pain and anguish they constantly suffer from, so in essence not too much different than yours, it just presents with different symptoms.

You can also be pissed at the governments of the world for intervening and putting ridiculous restrictions on doctors. However, I think it would be better for your health not to spend your time ruminating over matters you have no control over, regardless of how inconvenient they may make your life. Having anger on top of pain only serves to further decrease the quality of your life. You should thank your lucky stars that you have not developed an addiction like so many of the people your cursed in your post as many of them became addicted trying to treat chronic pain, many of us became addicts because of our doctor's decisions.

^ Totally agree with the above poster.

Also, this is a forum to support one another with chronic pain,- no matter how anyone manages it.

Whether with drugs, herbal supplements or opiates. Chronic pain needs to be addressed & we're lucky to find drs willing to treat us.

Salcc, good on you for passing every drug test & taking pills as prescribed, & not experimenting with other substanses.

Your pain must be well controlled for you to make such blanket statements re: Prince.

Not everyone is so fortunate & will go to many lengths to try to contain their pain much less control it.

Consider yourself lucky & perhaps learn to empathise with others here or post in another forum.

We all do what we can do to manage our pain to the best of our abilities. That may mean some dabble with their meds or even learn to IV them. That's because pain completely can take someone's life.

Don't go pointing the bone at Primce or MJ. They needed an escape from their physical &/or emotional pains as many BLs do. Unfortunately they just went to far.. Or perhaps intended to end their pain.

They didn't ruin it for us. It's been the Govt cracking down for a long time...

Be thankful your pain is managed well enough to write such a mean spirited letter. Many wouldn't have the strength or energy to write such a long post.

I wish you well, but you need to change that negative attitude.

Rtp

Rtp I totally agree with u about the above poster not really being a supporter of chronic pain people....I wish I could get just ONE of those meds for my pain...I'm stuck with tramadol until I go to a New Dr . .hopefully they will treat my pain n manage it....I will be doing great then. Appt coming up in a couple weeks...Will let y'all know how it goes..
Later..kattmomma13

I haven't forgotten about you Katrina. Being stuck with Tramadol sucks. Might as well be Tylenol. I fr see it going well for you. You have a good case. Maybe they'll put you on Oxy or something. Keep me informed, even message me if you need to causes I'm real eager to see how yu make out. One more week and you'll get some relief. Good luck man!!

Also I agree with Rtp and Moreaux abut that post. If you hate addicts that's your buisness but to dog Prince like that was unclassified and rude. I'm a big fan and his death hit me hard and there's no telling what was going thru his head. He was prob just doing what he does everyday but God had other plans. I can't believe someone would insult the dead. Clearly she has some issues, or he I didn't bother looking at the original post. That's like me saying I hate you bc you have chronic pain and are not normal. Apparently she's not getting what she wants from her Dr or she wouldn't have went on a tirade against addicts screwing up everything. My dr is just fine. But disregarding all the other ridiculous bullshit in that post to go after my boy prince was over the line. I wonder how'd she feel if she died and heard people cracking on her. So what, even if he did shoot up and of, it's not your place to judge him,. I've seen some pretty stupid oats n here and I've made a couple myself but that was the winner of stupidity. That's all!

@Closeau thank u for the good luck wishes I'm so glad to see the light at end of tunnel it has been pretty scary wondering when I will manage to find another pain Dr that takes Medicaid ...they are few n far between then somebody gave me the info on the one I have appt with ....got referral sent last tues n got called by them on weds with appt time. Woo hoo!! I don't think they write the oxy 30 like I was on but I'm sure I will get something a lot better than just 3 tramadol a day ...I will keep u updated with results...
Later kattmomma13

Also I agree with Rtp and Moreaux abut that post. If you hate addicts that's your buisness but to dog Prince like that was unclassified and rude. I'm a big fan and his death hit me hard and there's no telling what was going thru his head. He was prob just doing what he does everyday but God had other plans. I can't believe someone would insult the dead. Clearly she has some issues, or he I didn't bother looking at the original post. That's like me saying I hate you bc you have chronic pain and are not normal. Apparently she's not getting what she wants from her Dr or she wouldn't have went on a tirade against addicts screwing up everything. My dr is just fine. But disregarding all the other ridiculous bullshit in that post to go after my boy prince was over the line. I wonder how'd she feel if she died and heard people cracking on her. So what, even if he did shoot up and of, it's not your place to judge him,. I've seen some pretty stupid oats n here and I've made a couple myself but that was the winner of stupidity. That's all!

They created an account to make gat post. I doubt they're coming back. I left it up because I think his isn't common misconception many people have regarding addicts and the reduced availability of pain medication prescriptions. If there is enough interest, I may split it into its own thread for discussion. I think it's important for that conversation to be had as there are so many dynamics in play, and people fail to realize that doctors have created many an addict from the soccer mom to the high profile attorney to the super stars. Most people assume addicts hve always been addicts and don't realize that many of us were fairly normal functioning people before we got a long term script to a powerful pharmaceutical. This disease does not discriminate and it crosses all socioeconomic levels. The irony regarding that post is they too are an addict whether they a use their meds or not as they will have very tangible withdrawal symptoms and disordered thinking should they have to go without. It makes me wonder how much self loathing they contend with whether they choose to acknowledge it or not.

@Closeau thank u for the good luck wishes I'm so glad to see the light at end of tunnel it has been pretty scary wondering when I will manage to find another pain Dr that takes Medicaid ...they are few n far between then somebody gave me the info on the one I have appt with ....got referral sent last tues n got called by them on weds with appt time. Woo hoo!! I don't think they write the oxy 30 like I was on but I'm sure I will get something a lot better than just 3 tramadol a day ...I will keep u updated with results...
Later kattmomma13

Fingers crossed for you kattmomma13. I sincerely hope you can get something that improves the quality of your life.

Yes Moreaux, I agree. I personally think Drs are in a tough spot man. They can win or lose. They have to do their jobs and treat pain and turn Missy the doc or mom into an sddict or a shrink had to treat panic disorders with benzos are turns Steve the carpenter into a benzo addict. I lay it more in pharmaceutical hands. Can't they make drugs that aren't addictive. I think they already have. They can make a pill that will give a 75 man an erection but all pain Meds can be addictive. Hogwash. The government needs as many of us zoned out on something to hide the truth from us. They've been doing it a long time time. That's just my theory and thevDrd are stuck in the middle going Uuugh what do we do? I wonder how it must feel to a dr who prescribed opioids and down the road either the patient or family member tells them their addicted. Must be horrible. I remember going to my PCP and telling him I'm becoming addicted to oxycodone. You could tell he felt bad but was very proud of me for feeding up. I'll never do it again though cause that was what, 5 years ago so for 3 years no opiates for me. Not even in the ER. No pain clinic, nothing. I was miserable in pain. So yeah, SOME Drs have it bad. Some don't give a shit as we know. I still can't believe that post but it is the start of good conversation. Thanks man

I think the pharmaceutical companies keep putting out addictive medication because it's almost a guaranteed profit. They know they will have a captive audience. There have been few medications for anxiety, yet so many new gaba drugs. Seriously, they can't manufacture an inhaler that stops the adrenaline process and bonds to the adrenaline already released in the blood, but I guess people wouldn't need to refill that as frequently as they do their Xanax or Valium.

No doubt. They rule this country. Banks and these companies. I'm really convinced they have kick add Meds that help withdrawal and craving. If these drugs were released people would come out of their caves and take them. Wit drawl regimen first then craving meds. Sobriety rate would shoot up. But this country needs addicts to show their "working" on it. Just like diabetes and other afflictions. There's better meds right. Now it's funny the only helpful meds the released hub used to be a death sentence now it's like having a cold cause of the meds are working and again the goby is "working" on it. I sure wish they'd release all the cancer meds they have so I wouldn't of had to watch my mom suffer thru chemo and die. But my focus is the addiction drugstore right now there's Antabuse and naltrexone, neither which are efficient. The can make a med to make you smarter but not one that blocks cravings for drugs and alcohol. We have a program from 1939 which is highly unsuccessful. It's all mind control and control over the people. That's enough or I'll have guys swinging in on toes to get me, lol

Ok, so my chronic pain is ruining my life and the government is making it worse. I'm a law abiding person (for the most part: a occasional speeding ticket and stuff.) I have several things that cause me severe pain and only opiates have been found to help with them. I was doing pretty good. The meds were strong enough to make it bearable, but then the government with all their knowledge decided that they know more about me than I do and they started cracking down on my pain meds. I think its just a way too get more control, but that's a discussion for a different thread. So, basically, I'm not a junkie. I don't even really like being high. I don't even drink for Christ sake, but if I have to break the rules in order to have a decent quality of life, I will.

I don't have any friends in the drug scene. No judgement, I just have a job, family and a host of other responsibilities so I don't have the time for it. Because of this, I need some adbice.

1) how much water would I need to disolve 10mg of oxymorphone or any opiate for that matter?
2) I have no experience shooting up, so where is the best place to do it? I don't want my arms all bruised up.
3) how long does it take for the drugs to disolve into the water?
4) where do you get supplies? I bought some insulin needles that work fine, but for filters, I'm at a loss.
5)if anyone has anything to help with pain, natural or not, I'm all ears.
6) I very much hate the idea of getting some H, but I will if I have to. * Also, how much would you recommend taking strictly for pain relief?

I think that's all I have. Please, no lectures. I know the situation sucks and it's bad for me, but the pain literally mskes me think of suicide. Thanks in advance. Have a good one.

*Edited by Moreaux. No price discussion allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, well fest I wid reccomend dilaudid if you're gna shy a pill. It has less binders sand fillers f all pills. You can start with 4 r 8mg. I'm not too sure ghee ICU water it takes fr I either Oxy or dilaudid. I just use a dropper and wet the order till its al wet and Enugu water to mix it. Mix it into a milky substance and drop a cotton all in. I usually went it a bit first. Then pull up mix thru cotton ball. Most people will say get a micron filter but I've been using a cottnball for 10 months and no errors. Don't forget this is dilaudid. I only shot Oxy once sand didn't Ike it. It burned and high wasn't that great. With a site, I go on my side. Around love handle are but above. There's lots of veins there and no nasty track marks on you're arms. Hope I was a little bit of help. Good luck and be safe. Use 91% rubbing alcohol and clean everything endlessly. Good luck

Hey RealpainreliefT - sorry you're in such a bad situation. Have you tried kratom for pain relief at all? I suspect it may not be strong enough, particularly if you have a tolerance and are looking at H, but it may be worth a shot to try. I used kratom after I had surgery recently because I was afraid of using anything heavy and the tramadol I got didn't do anything. The kratom helped to take the edge off. Good luck - I hope you are able to find some relief and comfort!