• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

nutmeg & mmda

StaySedated

Bluelighter
i've heard that the active compounds in nutmeg oil are converted to various amphetamine metabolites, including mmda. mmda has a similar chemical structure to the drugs in nutmeg, according to wikipedia.

can mmda be metabolized into from ingesting nutmeg?

i heard myristicin could be metabolized into mmda in the liver via oxidation.

i have done nutmeg, but not mmda. has anybody tried both? if so, were the effects similar?(i realize mmda is quite rare).

I've tried mmda.. and I can tell you it's NOTHING like nutmeg

I haven't tried mmda, but I can still tell you it's nothing like nutmeg. Nutmeg felt more like a delirient than an amphetamine.
i heard myristicin could be metabolized into mmda in the liver via oxidation.

i have done nutmeg, but not mmda. has anybody tried both? if so, were the effects similar?(i realize mmda is quite rare).
Even were this true that would give the p2p analog which can be aminated to mmda, not mmda itself.

As far as I'm aware, myristicin does not convert into MMDA within the body.

Myristicin's psychoactive effects are a direct result of its own pharmacology, and not from its supposed conversion into MMDA.

please search op

transplant your liver with the one of a rats

it would be interesting to talk to someone who has tried pure myristicin though; not that I think it would have worthwhile effects at all

Last edited:
what is myristicin's mechanism of action?

feels like it affects cannabinoid receptors.

idk why people call nutmeg a deleriant, its effects don't feel like an anticholinergic and i highly doubt it is one.

Myristicin is an anticholinergic, but it is also a MAOI, so it produces some euphoria with it's consumption. It is also -not- an antihistamine like DPH.

myristicin is carcinogenic.
Source?

Here's an article for everyone:

Attachments

• myristicin_1.pdf
    52.9 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:

For myristicin itself don't have any, but a lot of the allylbenzenes have carcinogenic properties, so I wouldn't take any chances with it until some conclusive studies are published.

It has been speculated that the psychoactivity of myristicin, elemicin, and safrole is due to their metabolizing into known psychoactive compounds. Alexander Shulgin proposed in 1967 that the compounds would metabolize in the body as follows: myristicin to MMDA; elemicin to TMA; and safrole into MDA (Shulgin 1967).

Myristicin is active at the 5-HT receptors in the brain, and has been shown to have hypotensive, sedative, anti-depressant, anesthetic, hallucinogenic, and serotonergic properties (Sangalli & Chiang 2001). Large doses generally cause hyper-excitability, followed by CNS depression. Myristicin is fairly unique as a hallucinogen (if it may be classified as such), because it lacks a nitrogen atom. It is also rare for a compound lacking a nitrogen group to show activity at the brain's 5-HT receptors

from-erowid nutmeg vault/articles & writing

myristicin is not an anticholinergic. its prob a 5-HT agonist like other psychedelics.

it's also possible that the chemicals in nutmeg are metabolized into substituted amphetamine compounds.

What is this doing in ADD? Myristicin isn't a drug and this is a subject that has been gone over time and time again. The body does not synthesize MDA, MMDA, or any other MDXX drug from the consumption of nutmeg, sassafras, or elemi oil. They are psychoactive based on their own properties.

From what i heard MMDA is synthed from nutmeg in a similar way that MDMA is from sassafras

Looks more anticancer than carcinogenic:

In another study, the inhibition of benzo(a)pyrene (B[a]P)-
induced carcinogenicity by myristicin and dihydromyristicin
was investigated. Female A/J mice (7 weeks of age at the
beginning of the study) were administered perorally (p.o.)
(intubation) 1 mg of B[a]P in 0.3 ml cottonseed oil/dose, 2
doses/4 weeks, and/or 10 mg of each test compound
(myristicin and dihydromyristicin) in 0.3 ml of cottonseed
oil per dose, 3 doses/week for 4 weeks. Before the first dose
of B[a]P 3 doses of test compounds were administered. The
control mice were given 0.3 ml of cottonseed oil. Eighteen
weeks after the first dose of B[a]P, the mice were killed and
the lungs and forestomachs were observed and checked
histopathologically.
Myristicin treatment resulted in a significant reduction of
65% in the mean number of lung tumours in the tumour-
bearing animals. Dihydromyristicin produced a small or
insignificant reduction of lung tumour formation. In the
forestomach, myristicin treatment resulted in a 31% inhibi-
tion of tumour formation, while dihydromyristicin exhibited
a 27% inhibition.

From what i heard MMDA is synthed from nutmeg in a similar way that MDMA is from sassafras

It can be, yes. It's a synthesis that only happens in the laboratory.

In the paper I linked, some people were dosed with 400 mg myristicin. If this were efficiently metabolized into MMDA, the volunteers should have gotten really, really high.

I think it's a case of confusing one sort of 'off yer head' with another. Yes the constituents of nutmeg can produce some sort of hallucinogenic state, but to equate that to the specific pharmacological actions of MMDA is a fallacy.

To look at it another way, both a sharp blow to the head and lots of beer can make someone behave in a similar manner, but the subjective experience is way different

I think it's a case of confusing one sort of 'off yer head' with another. Yes the constituents of nutmeg can produce some sort of hallucinogenic state, but to equate that to the specific pharmacological actions of MMDA is a fallacy.

To look at it another way, both a sharp blow to the head and lots of beer can make someone behave in a similar manner, but the subjective experience is way different

what?...

anyway, what is the specific pharmacological action of the active drugs in nutmeg. some are saying anticholinergic, an artricle on erowid says activity on 5H-T receptors, do you or does anybody else know or have any info?