• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

temazepam vs. xanax vs. clonazepam

StaySedated

Bluelighter
for me its:

1.temazepam-most euphoria, strongest, most intoxicating, helps my insomnia

2.clonazepam-long lasting, strong yet mellow, best for muscle relaxation and anxiety(including social anxiety), pretty euphoric while still being able to keep my shit together.

3.xanax-short lasting, least euphoric but second at feeling "fucked up", like temazepam it easily causes blackouts, but isn't as enjoyable as the other two imo.

how do you think these compare?

Compare? Well, they are all from different benzo compounds. Clonazepam is a 7-nitro derivative benzodiazepine, Alprazolam is a triazolobenzodiazepine derivative and Temazepam is a 3-hydroxy benzodiazepine derivative. Generally the 3-hydroxy are more sedative/hypnotics. For Temazepam this is so. Gives me a nice buzz. Triazolobenzodiazepines are short acting but very potent on a milligram basis compared to other benzodiazepines. This is so for Alprazolam, packs a punch and is short. The 7-nitro benzos are powerful anticonvulsants/muscle relaxants. (Some very sedative). Agreed, great for social anxiety and probably the most effective muscle relaxant of the three.

Hope i can jump on this thread as i have just gotten some Temazepam to try as i find it difficult to relax before bed, after reading thread after thread the doses seem to fluctuate from normal 30mg to pretty high 100+ now i have never tried this type of drug before (tried chloral hydrate once did nothing) i am hoping to get some relaxation for a couple of hours or so then go off to bed or will valium be a better choice. would use weed but i seem to be very sick off it and dont drink alcohol.

Thxs

Valium does nothing for me. Temazepam can be recreational and relaxing at doses around 60-90mg in my opinion. Most people (members on this board on AIM or people I know personally) respond well at that dose when looking to catch a high although some may fall asleep but that's okay because they can just lower their dose the next time.

I'm assuming you were prescribed 30mg if you live in the U.S. so you could always just give that prescribed dose a try since you are a benzo newbie. However I believe you should always one up the dose that is prescribed when looking to get at least a buzz.

i pretty much agree with K'd-OUT-in-AZ. If you haven't ever taken benzo's before, then one 30mg dose of temazepam will probably buzz and relax you pretty well. if you have more than one, i would put them away and make sure that you don't take more than one. unless you have a benzo tolerance then maybe two. start with one, it should peak between one and two hours. if you feel relaxation in the first hour, you shouldn't take another. i'd wait at least four hours before considering another one really since this is your first time on this drug. keep in mind that the half life is of temazepam is about eight hours, so even if you don't think you are impaired, you still may be so i wouldn't plan on driving anywhere. hope this helps and you enjoy it!

Yes thxs for both answers i have a high tolerance to other drugs like painkillers but did not want to be one of those who end up blacking out and doing stupid stuff =D

Well technically alprazolam and clonazepam are much more potent that temazepam, with .5mg of each equaling about 20mg of temazepam......but that is just potency. Doesn't mean too much when taking each at their equivalent potency dose.

Yes, for those who have tried one and curious of how much to take another, here are the equivalencies...
Clonazepam 0.5mg
Alprazolam 0.5mg
Temazepam 20mg
All three have differing effects though. Temazepam is a hypnotic, Alprazolam packs a punch but has a short duration, Clonazepam is long acting and a good muscle relaxant. All three have anxiolytic qualities regardless, some more than others.

There's been heaps of these kinda threads... try searching. But anyway, out of the three, I always found temazepam to be the most euphoric, followed by clonazepam. But due to my high tolerance (I've been taking benzos daily for 7 years) I find it pretty hard to get any recreational effects from them nowadays. :\

Sorry for bringing up an old thread, I just didn't want to make a new one since this is already posted.

Out of those 3...I've had temazepam only twice in my life, both times were the 15mg capsules. Temazepam is extremely strong, 15mg knocked my ass out, but was VERY chill. I've had tons of Xanax, and im currently RX'd Klonopin.

I'd rank them like this....

#1 Xanax--

Packs the punch you want, with a nice rush, and it doesn't knock you out easy like temazepam does.

#2 Klonopin--

Lasts long, its extremely relaxing, imo/ime, Klonopin is like Xanax ER, it doesn't pack a punch like Xanax, or don't get a rush either, but it's still extremely relaxing and I love the long half life.

#3 Temazepam--

Like I said, ive had these only 2 times, both times, it knocked me the fuck out. This drug is perfect for an at home chill time, like watching movies or playing video games, it just makes me too tired so the recreational value is very small imo, you cant go out on this drug, or its like zombie mode time. lol

IME 30mg temazepam is equivalent to at least 1, maybe 1.5 mg clonaz or alpraz for social anxiety so the 20 - .5 comparison seems pretty low

Clonazepam is my favorite of the ones listed...and all benzos, for that matter. I love klonopin, it's just such a versatile drug imo

I know this is a relatively old thread & everyone's brain chemistry is different but I'm astounded over how many people find Temazepam superior to Alprazolam (Xanax) - I for one believe Xanax absolutely blows Temaz out of the water in terms of dosage, feeling, & medical relief... - Temaz didn't even do anything at decent dosages (60mg +) except give me tinnitus (ringing ears) the following day, whereas Alprazolam even at 2mg gives me the most profound relief in my mind & the following day is more colourful & clear... - also enjoy Valium but it's more of a body/muscle relaxant which is very useful when coming off opiates for body withdrawals... - Xanax I can function on during the day at lower doses (0.5-1.0 mg's) & also get great sleep in the evening at higher doses (2.0-4.0mg's) - of course you could dump up to 8-10 mg's (only if tolerate otherwise it's lights out & hope you wake up) but I find that to be an excessive waste, not to mention the addiction factor, which is a very dark road to travel... - summing up, Alprazolam at safe medical levels for genuine relief just can't be beaten in my honest opinion... - play & stay safe everyone... - withdrawals are an absolute nightmare so use it with caution....

I agree with smokem351 - for me, xanax is number 1 all the way! Ill take klonopin if i just want to have an easier time calming down to go to bed - thats all its good for, for me though. Im not big on the rest either...not even valium does much for me.

IMHO:
If you enjoy clonazepam as #1, it is a true sign that you are a benzo connesuir. Only someone who has enjoyed most benzos and finds the different subtle yet profound traits of clonazepam to make it all around the best. It's potency, durability, half life, and more are traits that can be found only as a defining feature of a different bz one at a time while clonazepam features them all at once while humbly lying in the shadows of ignorance and half truths of people that champion in superior drugs because they heard urban legends passed around the street.
2 Temazepam is a fascinating bz but lets face it. MOST people aren't getting rxd that drug unless they are grandfathered in. I am prescribed the 30mg capsules along with clonazepam but I am thirty five years and about fifteen years ago a croaker wrote them for me because I paid $150 every three months to pick 90 anti anxiety bz of my choice with refills (was young and picked 90 xanax bars for a few months and out of curiosity 90 2mg Lorazepam once). I was disappointed how short lasting the benzos were and I soon researched that smoking greatly reduced their effects.
3) During the same time I was allowed to pick 30 nights of sleeping medication. I first tried choral hydrate which I hated. I quickly changed to flurazepam outof curiosity and wawasn't thrilled. Someone suggested temazzy and I was hooked right in.

The Dr retired and I found a new one who was willing to continue the temazepam but not the alprazolam. He offered to switch it to clonazepam and gabapentin or diazepam + some shit ssri (I think zoloft). I picked the kpin and gabapentin and fell in love kpin became my hands down fave benzo and the bonus gaba had its percs as well. To this day almost two decades later I am on the same lovely regimen of klonopin, neurontin, and restoril along with some other nice ones such as Lyrica, baclofen, amphetamine (adderall ir tabs) , and the occasional rc bzs: clonazolam, pyrazolam, flubrazolam , flubromazepam, and 3Hydroxyphenazepam (of course in moderation.)
Don't forget we all have a different chemical makeup and what's good for me just might kill the next guy.
mYgReEnBiC aka @sp0r412