<CA>Insomniac presents Nocturnal Festival 9-25-2010

Yeah, I'm rolling to this alone as well. I've gone to parties alone before and it's really not an issue, but for me, the really awkward part is when you get stuck in traffic near the party and are surrounded by cars full of ravers and you're sitting alone. . . not a great feeling. Other than that, going alone is cool, so no worries.

So how was it?

second best event i ever been to. i enjoyed the 18+ difference. and the nos event center is the best venue in my area in my opinion.

the security was friendly mostly, with the exception of the bathroom staff who were having trouble getting people in and out so they had to be somewhat assertive to keep the exit open

the police on the site were friendly too. ravers were walking up to them and talking to them about god knows what. but i swear i heard one couple say "thank you for keeping us safe officer, really" and the cop seriously said "thank you" and smiled. and i saw a security give a piece of gum to a guy. that was pretty cool

i didnt see security or police harass anyone at all that night

they said they would have h2o re fill stations and that the h2o refills were free. that was a bit of a stretch considering by water refill stations they meant the bathroom sink water... but i really didnt mind water is water to me.

music and people were worth the ticket money. stage light and sound production just keeps getting better and better by insomniac

if u ask me 18+ made all the difference

i had a really good time

second best event i ever been to. i enjoyed the 18+ difference. and the nos event center is the best venue in my area in my opinion.

the security was friendly mostly, with the exception of the bathroom staff who were having trouble getting people in and out so they had to be somewhat assertive to keep the exit open

the police on the site were friendly too. ravers were walking up to them and talking to them about god knows what. but i swear i heard one couple say "thank you for keeping us safe officer, really" and the cop seriously said "thank you" and smiled. and i saw a security give a piece of gum to a guy. that was pretty cool

they said they would have h2o re fill stations and that the h2o refills were free. that was a bit of a stretch considering by water refill stations they meant the bathroom sink water... but i really didnt mind water is water to me.

music and people were worth the ticket money. stage light and sound production just keeps getting better and better by insomniac

i had a really good time

Niice, loving the direction it's going, I was skeptical about going with all the flak insomniac was receiving with pressure from the public to tighten security etc etc. How was the crowd size? I'm really happy about the 18+ rule too.

Niice, loving the direction it's going, I was skeptical about going with all the flak insomniac was receiving with pressure from the public to tighten security etc etc. How was the crowd size? I'm really happy about the 18+ rule too.

my opinon on the crowd size: i am not sure if they opened up more of the venue than they normally do. but there was deffinently more room outside of the dance floors than i remember being used to. i think its because at the NEC less people snuck in and there were less people due to the 18+

but on that note, i would still say there was easily upwards of 25k in attendance.

but i personally felt less "body to body" inside and outside the dance floor. like i had more personal space than usual.

the crowd size was massive as usual at noc and insomniac events in general. i think u have to go and experience it for urself to notice the diference 18+ makes

with that said. im fuckin stoked for beyond wonderland next year. back to the nos events center for another amazing adventure. i already got my ticket money set aside and im just waiting for them to go on sale.

i had a really good time

i'm surprised that a lot of people didn't know about the refill stations. I had a conversation with a guy in the bathroom line looking to fill his water bottle up and he didn't know about the water station until i showed him on the map. I also spoke to a few people towards the end of the night and they never knew the station existed, hence them buying water over and over.

Anyway, the refill station was a great idea and even at peak hours, you were still able to get water fairly quickly, the only downside was that the water wasn't ice cold.

i'm surprised that a lot of people didn't know about the refill stations. I had a conversation with a guy in the bathroom line looking to fill his water bottle up and he didn't know about the water station until i showed him on the map. I also spoke to a few people towards the end of the night and they never knew the station existed, hence them buying water over and over.

Anyway, the refill station was a great idea and even at peak hours, you were still able to get water fairly quickly, the only downside was that the water wasn't ice cold.

Thats cause they only had one station and it was hidden behind the bassrush stage. Plus the line was always god awful long.

Other than the sketch ass water station the event was perfect! Everyone of the djs I saw absolutely murdered it! Sigma played the best set of the night imo.

The vibe was much better than EDC. Way less hectic. There were a crap ton of people but I never felt crowded. 18+ events=epic win!!

Thats cause they only had one station and it was hidden behind the bassrush stage. Plus the line was always god awful long.

Other than the sketch ass water station the event was perfect! Everyone of the djs I saw absolutely murdered it! Sigma played the best set of the night imo.

The vibe was much better than EDC. Way less hectic. There were a crap ton of people but I never felt crowded. 18+ events=epic win!!

^truth,

too bad i can't re-listen to the sets like i can with some of the 2010 edc sets ):

quoted for truth