• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to tell if it's good ice?

babym2610

Greenlighter
Once the ice is melted in the pipe...i heard the good ice won't run as much as the cut gear..is that true?

also, is it true that if your gear bubbles when burning, it's been cut?

i know shards are good, but i've had some good gear where it hasn't been all big shards??? how to explain.....that smaller shards can be good as well, and not ONLY big shards are good?

One way to tell if it's been cut is to see if it leaves any dark reside on the glass once it's melted. Often if the meth has been cut, you'll see a brownish-blackish outline around the puddle after you've melted it down and let it re-crystallise, or the puddle itself will become darker. The size of the shards doesn't really matter - some dealers sell big shards, others sell small shards or salt-like powder. That isn't necessarily an indication of purity. Even big chunky glassy shards can be cut.

Im more of a snorter, until my nose is too sore then I switch to smoking it.

The more it burns when snorting typically the better the potency is (for me anyways, maybe im wrong)

When smoking, im a bad smoker so I cant tell you much there.

I think phreex said in another similar post a week ago or so that if you run it on foil you can tell how good it is by how much black shit is left (the trails)

Im more of a snorter, until my nose is too sore then I switch to smoking it.

The more it burns when snorting typically the better the potency is (for me anyways, maybe im wrong)

When smoking, im a bad smoker so I cant tell you much there.

I don't like smoking it. Isn't that weird? I started out railing it (omg it burned like a motherfucker) and when I have ever smoked it, I don't feel quite the same way. These days I won't waste it in a pipe at all. Only problem is, I went on a binge, like an idiot. I have been up for two days. In those two days I went through what I thought would be plenty for two weeks. I'm none too happy to have done this to myself.

i almost jumped at you for saying "waste it in a pipe," before i realized how much smoke is actually wasted when you blow out. this can be remedied by transferring your smoke to someone of the opposite gender though :)

i usually smoke my meth on tinfoil (and couldn't give a fuck what any of you have to say about that,) and it works like a charm, i've found it much more efficient than using a glass piece - as long as you're careful enough not to burn it.

from all the crystal i've smoked, none has left any residue whatsoever. i guess we've been getting pretty pure shit, then. :)

how to explain.....that smaller shards can be good as well, and not ONLY big shards are good?
Well, see if you break a big crystal into smaller pieces the potency isn't affected. To answer your main question msm is often used to cut ice and it can be present in crystals of any size. It leaves no residue but it boils (burns isn't really corrrect) at a lower temperature than meth. It is what makes the first hit taste funky on alot of ice. If there is residue in your pipe when you're done obviously it's been cut, and rather poorly. Unless you are making it yourself it is almost certainly cut to some degree. Assuming you don't have gc/ms equipment in your basement the best test is how high you get.

Last edited:
shards or crystals come in different sizes depending on how the meth was left to grow into crystals..if put into a freezer the meth will crystalize quicker but produces the smallest crystals or " shards: ,if put into a refrigirator to crytalize then they will "grow" larger crystals but it will take a bit longer than in the freezer,,the biggest crystals/shards grow when left at room temperature and left to sit,although this takes much longer for the crystals to form and "grow" than in the frig. or freezer,this is the way that the largest crystals or shards form, however most people break big crystals into smaller ones for selling and I have seen salt like crystal that was as pure as large shards of crsytals,it all depends on who make sit or where/who you get it from..and smoking on foil is actually a good way to test if it's cut a bit then the "cut" will run down the foil like water almost where the meth will run down the foil slower than the cut,although if only a small amount of cut is pesent then you often cannot tell because it won't run down the foil any quicker if it's only in small amounts and was cut during the crystalization process...dissolving your crystal in Acetone and vapping it off ,will seperate the cut from the meth,altho I will not go into any further detail about that...

^^ I think purification info is allowed, if you want to post. Another factor affecting crystal size is the handling of the meth, when carried around in a pocket or something they tend to break up.

i wish i had the convience of trying meth or having it in my area, but as far as crack, goes one way i kno its good if the resin leaks brown and syrup-y down the pipe...and it evaporates completely with no left over ashes or anything, maybe crack and crystal have same similatiries to decipher if its good or not? just my 2 cents

from all the crystal i've smoked, none has left any residue whatsoever. i guess we've been getting pretty pure shit, then. :)

There's also a possibility it's been cut with MSM. It looks similar to d-meth Hcl in it's crystalline state. When smoked it vaporizes before the meth. So the first hit usually doesn't do much. After that the meth left will hit you the usual way.

I recently bought the most beautiful bag. One shard, 1.5 grams. But, this shit is weird... it weighs like heavy dope and smokes like light dope. And after I have melted it down and let it reform, the whole puddle falls off the side of the bowl. I have never seen this happen, so I am very confused.... anyone ever see that happen before? I am not getting as high off of it, although my tolerance has been rising no matter how long I take between elevation, so I am not sure if I just jumped three levels up or this shit is straight goof. My pupils get massive, but I don't get twacked.

I recently bought the most beautiful bag. One shard, 1.5 grams. But, this shit is weird... it weighs like heavy dope and smokes like light dope. And after I have melted it down and let it reform, the whole puddle falls off the side of the bowl. I have never seen this happen, so I am very confused.... anyone ever see that happen before? I am not getting as high off of it, although my tolerance has been rising no matter how long I take between elevation, so I am not sure if I just jumped three levels up or this shit is straight goof. My pupils get massive, but I don't get twacked.

I've been in your shoes before my friend it sounds like you have come across Ice cut with benzodiazepine. Now to be sure... how does the dope smoke smell after you have had a bowl? If it smells really weird and really strong benzo powder as a cutter can be present in the ice but to be really sure if it doesn't set quickly and doesn't have veins through the dope (Eg: a clump cloudy ice when set means bad dope). As for the ice moving away from itself that is another sign of obvious cutter it should stay in one puddle and set at the same time (unless you roll it around like crazy in the bowl) without racing away from the flame. Ive spent quite a bit of money on this stuff and along the way you notice little things don't ignore these little "tells"because most of the time you will be right about the cutter without actually knowing its cut like a instinct for poor quality, for example the resin around the glass, if this is VERY heavy MSM is being used as a cutter. Another way to somewhat check if it is actual crystal meth is to hold the bag up to a light, you will notice a sparkle and this can indicate good gear but if it's MSM it looks exactly the same you can only tell by the resin.

Or you can put it up to a blacklight, good dope lights up like a Christmas tree. Msm shows up as almost like water droplets in the bowl, and a Benzo would burn up in the bowl, and trackback doesn't mean shit trust me.