• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cleaning resin out of clothes : ( Tips???

A heavy degreaser and a scrub brush usually takes it out. Let it soak. I usually can get most of it out.

Just wondering, if i were to someday experiment with this and make a cleaning guide with steps and possibly pics of the steps would anyone here find it useful or helpful?

Pretty much every stoner could do with that, loads of cool shit i've thrown because of spilt bong water / resin :(

what material are the shorts, and what color?

try a cold water soak. like ICE cold, even put ice IN the bowl. afterwards, see if you can perhaps "pick" the resin off. this works with things like gum, glue, etc, so perhaps would work for resin. you could even take a razor blade and attempt to scrape it off, as long as you don't mind wearing down the fabric a bit.

Pretty much every stoner could do with that, loads of cool shit i've thrown because of spilt bong water / resin :(

ooo stinky bong water. it usually washes out, but that doesn't help for things that you can't wash!

let it be a lesson (one i know i learned the hard way several times over) to ALWAYS keep bong water fresh. That way, when it does spill, the smell is minimal.

what material are the shorts, and what color?

try a cold water soak. like ICE cold, even put ice IN the bowl. afterwards, see if you can perhaps "pick" the resin off. this works with things like gum, glue, etc, so perhaps would work for resin. you could even take a razor blade and attempt to scrape it off, as long as you don't mind wearing down the fabric a bit.

yes that does well even for tar, the other one you could try is put some baking soda on and then vingar and let it bubble up, but only if the short are light or white coloured.
Other than that get the degreasers you get for garages.

Okay folks thanks 4 the replys, so far I've tried freezing & picking, using acetone & elctric toothbrush which seemed to lighten the stain slightly but really its still there. I managed to soak the shorts i was wearing in the process too!

The shorts are a light tan color.

Can now confirm that after two acetone/electic toothbrush scrubs + another go round in the washing machine the stain is barely visable, its still there but you have to look for it.

Have you tried the stain removing power of Oxyclean?
billymayskilled.jpg

^ Of course, did fuck all.

I've discovered that tea tree oil seems to remove the horrid resin remarkably well!

Ah yes folks, i've found it. Eucalyptus oil! This stuff seems to do the job better than anything. Be sure to give it a shot if you're on here looking for methods.

heyyy guys~~~

I need HELP ASAP. I recently got hit by a car last year in NOV and I just now got a lil bit of insurance money. I bought a UNIQLO Down Jacket (http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/made-for-all/men-down-short-jacket/073737-02-006). I smoke weed about to stop for army reserves and I usually smoke out of a pipe. I use any tree stick or w.e is thin enough to clean out my one hitter, and like a dumbass I was smoking yesterday and I put the stick i used inside my jacket pocket, turns out it became very dirty from resin and it was long enough that it smudged the resin all over my jacket. I tried cleaning it out by hand but I just made a stain, its lighter a bit but still a visible stain you know. SO the million dollar question is, do you think its gonna take me a while to get it out or can I put this nice warm jacket in the trash along with my insurance money cuz thats what I might as well have done, thrown it away in garbage. One day its in my hands and i feel like a boss and a week later I am down to my last 20 dollars Lmaooo.

BTW::!!! M Y J A C K E T I S NYLON..............

SOMEONE HELP PLEASE. Thank you and godbless you:)

Last edited:
yeah thats actually the first thing i did!!!! haha I was walking home mad pissed off and I went into the dry cleaners that was still opened to see what they would say. they obvi didnt really help me as I explained what happened and they were like we never came across this kinda dilemma -_-....anywhooo....I just wanted to see if you guys would know if my jackets material would be hard to get the stain out from.....thanks

and btw: the question thing when u register is mad annoying and even hard (some questions) Rofl I was like wait isnt this site for potheads haha

wow i'm having this same problem right now with my favorite tan pants, and I'm gonna try some of this stuff. I'll post back with what works for me!

Also what will remove resin from the couch?

My own fault really for cleaning the pipe in my lap on the couch, instead of sitting at the table.

ROTFLMFAO! No one touched on the fire idea OP asked. That will work great! Take torch and torch it!

Seriously, try some brake cleaner, preferably the chlorinated kind at the local auto parts store. It will spray it right off and evaporate quick but it smells so do it outdoors in ventilated area.