• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Plugging/IV Suboxone

Man, yall are super ballsy IVing Suboxone. Yeah, I hear it all
the time that the Naloxone is inactive and that it doesn't do
shit to make you sick but I dunno, I don't want to risk it.
I'd be that one unlucky gal that IVs it and ends up in the throws
of the worst withdrawl of my life lol. Yall have fun with your
IVing Suboxone shindig, I'm sticking to H. Considering that I'm
6 miles from Mexico its cheaper anyway :)

Sorry guys, you were all right. I just got my first script of Suboxone. I've snorted it and plugged it, and you are right, the Naloxone is inactive.

the_more_you_know.jpg

where is omar from reading rainbow? probably molesting children...anyway, i have plugged, sniffed, sublingualed, and IVed subutex and suboxone.

IV is the best. it kicks in much quicker. there is a hint of a rush as well. a gradual warmth and just 'aaaah, i feel better' feeling wraps around you after an injection of say 1mg. any other roa it just doesnt hit you as fast. like in an hr or two you will feel that it is in your system, but you dont get that 1-2 mins of feeling it REALLY kick in from IV.

totally off topic. pregabalin is a strange drug. taking it orally is superior to IV and up the butt. so fucking strange!

I take suboxone everyday and get some energy and it puts me into a good mood. But can you actually get a rush from iving it? I thought the Blocker keeps you from getting high. I have some rigs on hand and would really like to try
it. How much should I do to get a rush?

Last edited:
I take suboxone everyday and get some energy and it puts me into a good mood. But can you actually get a rush from iving it? I thought the Blocker keeps you from getting high. I have some rigs on hand and would really like to try

What do you mean by you thought there was a "blocker" preventing you from getting high??...if you meant nalaxone....than you are way behind the times....you need to do a little reading to catch up. I reccomend you just sit back and read alot of the posts in the suboxone megathread and similar threads and then, if you still dont have your answer....ask your question(s) again. But theres no reason you shouldnt have your answer by then...I guarantee you that what your asking has been disussed MANY times here on BL.

What do you mean by you thought there was a "blocker" preventing you from getting high??...if you meant nalaxone....than you are way behind the times....you need to do a little reading to catch up. I reccomend you just sit back and read alot of the posts in the suboxone megathread and similar threads and then, if you still dont have your answer....ask your question(s) again. But theres no reason you shouldnt have your answer by then...I guarantee you that what your asking has been disussed MANY times here on BL.

When I said blocker I meant nalaxone. I don't feel like sitting on my cell phone and reading for hours to find my answer, can someone just answer my question please.

Ok...then the answer to your question is....no...nalaxone does not do ANYTHING whatsoever when taken in the form of suboxone along with bupernorphine. It is completely inactive because bupe has a much higher binding affinity therefore nalaxone doesnt even get a chance to bind to your brains receptors...

...sry to waste your time.

I wouldn't say it has a rush like heroin or other full agonist have, it's certainly different.

It depends on what your tolerance is like, but I would suggest to try 0.2 mg at the most to see what you think of it. It's not the same as other drugs where a higher dose is going to give you a bigger rush. With buprenorphine, using a smaller dose tends to be more euphoric.

As jamesbrown said, the naloxone is not active with Suboxone, since buprenorphine has a higher binding affinity for the mu-opioid receptor.

I wouldn't say it has a rush like heroin or other full agonist have, it's certainly different.

It depends on what your tolerance is like, but I would suggest to try 0.2 mg at the most to see what you think of it. It's not the same as other drugs where a higher dose is going to give you a bigger rush. With buprenorphine, using a smaller dose tends to be more euphoric.

As jamesbrown said, the naloxone is not active with Suboxone, since buprenorphine has a higher binding affinity for the mu-opioid receptor.
Hmmm, thanks for clearing that up as I was wondering if you IV only 2mg's of Suboxone and get a rush, why stop there? I have a high tolerance to opiates, so it's still best to only IV 2mg's as opposed to like 8? BTW, whats the best method to IV the SUB? Cold draw, or do you heat it? I don't have a micron filter, is it safe to just draw up thru a cotton ball?

DillFreak the reason you get a rush out of 2mg's is because your tolerance is low. Doing 8mg's will just fuck up the next time you do it.

I've plugged suboxone before, I thought it was significantly better then the other ROAs I've tried (snorting, sublingual). I'm not sure about the exact BA, but I know that when I used to do subs I'd get stronger effects from plugging 1.5-2 mg then I would from snorting 2-4 mg, the experience itself is also better when plugged in my experience, I've never shot suboxone so I can't comment much on that ROA.

The reason is didn't effect you is the constipation. You shouldn't plug unless your bowels are fairly empty or else it will take forever to start working and might not even work properly. I've had doses of drugs totally wasted in this fashion before, with similar experiences to you. For instance, the first time I plugged dilaudid I got high as shit, but then the second and third times very little happened. These days I just make sure to only plug with empty bowels and the effects are reliable.

^^ /agree
From my perspective, the ROA's for sub:
1. IV - obv. the best/fastest
2. Plugging - second best if you want a more enjoyable "smooth ride" kind of high.
3. Insufflating - second fastest more euphoric than plugging but half the time.

I find that plugging (when you cant IV ofc) them is the best because when tapering down its best to have the longest high. If your high is short then it just makes you want to do it again because mind over body you think you need to compare sub's to H or some other opiate.

yea if I take a day or 2 off from my sub doses and then plug like 2-3mg's(which is like 4-6 times my normal dose) I will get REALLLLLY high and feel like ive done some dope. But its weird cuz it doesnt work that way when I IV 2-3 mg's.

I actually prefer just snorting suboxone...I've tried to IV it but didn't see very much of a difference. Figured I can save my veins for better things......

I actually prefer just snorting suboxone...I've tried to IV it but didn't see very much of a difference. Figured I can save my veins for better things......

yea its probably MUCH safer to just snort it as compared to IV(especially without a micron filter), but I actually have noticed a difference between snorting and IV. I get more of a rush and high from IV...

I just wanted to say that i have never ever been disappointed as much as i have iv'ing suboxone.

I've been on 1mg a day for around 6 months now. I split up my 2mg tabs and have half of 1 every morning. I got my hands on a couple micron filters and thought i'll give it a go.
Just mixed up a 2mg tab till it was crystal clear, shot it and it gave me the tiniest of buzzes in the head for a couple secs and then just felt the same feeling like after it comes on after you've taken normally (under the tongue).

I don't know if i didn't mix up enough or what but damn.. abslolute dud of an experience! Wouldn't recommend to anyone. I seriously don't think it's worth risking all the bullshit that comes with i'ving anything normally lettle lone iv'ing pills.

I just wanted to say that i have never ever been disappointed as much as i have iv'ing suboxone.

I've been on 1mg a day for around 6 months now. I split up my 2mg tabs and have half of 1 every morning. I got my hands on a couple micron filters and thought i'll give it a go.
Just mixed up a 2mg tab till it was crystal clear, shot it and it gave me the tiniest of buzzes in the head for a couple secs and then just felt the same feeling like after it comes on after you've taken normally (under the tongue).

I don't know if i didn't mix up enough or what but damn.. abslolute dud of an experience! Wouldn't recommend to anyone. I seriously don't think it's worth risking all the bullshit that comes with i'ving anything normally lettle lone iv'ing pills.

1mg is an awfully high dosage for IV use; I would suggest even lower; the positive/euphoric effects come in when you have a low tolerance and hopefully high sensitivity.

It isn't a drug experience for everyone, obviously. I'm glad you tried it with a micron filter - this is the safest way to IV it. :)

The blocker does nothing. I IV mine, .2mg shots. And it is generally quite the mood lift. I don't *mind* sublingual, but doing it this way keeps me off the hard stuff and keeps my wallet not empty. So if you have the supply, and plugging works for you, stick to that.