• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Massive Headache while on crystal meth? (PS maybe Im dehydrated)

Galloantrax

Greenlighter
Have any of you ever had a bad headache while high on meth?
I did two lines of ice about 25 min ago or so, and I keep getting these headaches, which make my high a little less enjoyable.
And it makes me real cranky /:

Ive done meth for about a week and half non stop.

Have you felt this way? What did you do to feel better? (as i believe pain killers would be bad while on meth)

Ive done meth for about a week and half non stop.

I think thats the main problem. I got headaches from adderall which is an amphetamine. I think its more from not sleeping, not eating much, and your muscles tensing up. A benzo always helped, but I don't like recommending other drugs to treat drug side effects.

Meth has never really caused headaches for me, and I was using it pretty much daily for 3 years. I'm guessing the headaches you get may be caused by lack of sleep, food and hydration. It's important to keep your fluids up while on meth, as you tend to sweat more. Most painkillers should be fine to take while on meth - I can't think of any reason why it would be dangerous to take them.

Yea there is a very easy way to fix this problem....STOP DOING METH!!. Im not saying your wrong for taking the drug im just saying that since it is basically a poison to the body there will be some side effects from taking it. Headaches are probably the least of your worries if your going on week and a half long meth binges.

Just quit it for a while, eat some good, natural, healthy food.....get some sleep....then a few days later you can take it again, but for gods sake dont BINGE on it. Take it for a day then lay off for a couple days.....that is, if you wanna stay healthy as possible while still being a meth user.

Headaches might be coming from a low blood sugar level (due to the lack of an appetite that meth consistently delivers), or it might be from dehydration, or you might be tense, and need to stretch. Stimulants often cause muscular rigidity and encourage people to sit in a still position for long periods of time.

Yeah I get this all the time. Do you feel real tranquilized on them too by any chance? I've been doing dexedrine for ADHD for about a year now so I've learned a thing or two. When I get those headaches I often get drowsy and a bit depressed too. I usually feel much worse if I take a low dose, a high dose and I'll be pleasantly tranquilized. When I don't redose and let the amps wear off I notice that I start feeling really good and have loads of energy but if I redose when I'm like that I'll get tranquilized again and be prone to those headaches and depression. If I take some opioids while I'm in that tranquilized state then the opioids completely revert the effects of the amphetamines and I go from feeling like shit to feeling real good.

^Yeah I have this effect too sometimes where I get heavily sedated and feel zaps when I take amphetamine. It is really strange and annoying, I'm not trying to fall asleep but sometimes it acts like a sleeping pill and knocks me right out, although the majority of the time I am speeding.

to the OP: as far as the headaches, you might want to see if you can adjust your dose. I have read that really bad headaches are a sign that you are susceptible to a stroke.

Thats 3 of us, we might be able to isolate some of the factors behind this. Whats your normal base physiology/state like? Mine is like being on benzos all the time, I'm exceptionally relaxed, happy and fairly numb to pain and emotions. Alcohol just makes me tired and benzos do nothing to me. I think I have an underactive nervous system. Does anyone here that gets these amphetamine headaches have similar physiology?

i get headaches from dehydration and not enough nutrition. also get some sleep

I almost always get a headache on dexedrine. I usually play it off as my body just "speeding" through all annoyances then later when I notice I haven't eaten or rested a moment that I'm getting a headache...the pressure has to give somehow, people run mainly on nutrition and rest. not

UP UP UP!!

dont snort it ..shoot it up !! soo much stronger harder & better effect !! a full body orgasm !!! once u do it then u will understand ...its the only way to fly ..lol

The only way I've ever done it has been snort, and by shooting up I guess you mean inject. And I'd never ever do that.

I rarely get headaches on meth, if I do I just keep drinking water and take an advil. Works like a charm.

There are many reasons you could get a headache from meth, as with every drug, meth has side effects and you may be experiencing just one of them. One thing that could be a possibility, however, is that your headache is being caused by a massive spike in blood pressure due to the meth. This can be serious, as people prone to hypertension can end up in a "hypertensive crisis" while abusing stimulants such as amphetamines. I'd check yourself out and make sure you're not walking around with high blood pressure...a headache is one sign of highly elevated blood pressure. You may be at risk of a stroke or heart attack if this is the case.

Again, it may be nothing but a simple side effect that is common with that type of drug, but I prefer to always play on the safe side of the fence.

Last edited:
dont snort it ..shoot it up !! soo much stronger harder & better effect !! a full body orgasm !!! once u do it then u will understand ...its the only way to fly ..lol

Great harm reduction advice. 8)

Galloantrax: don't start shooting meth. Trust me, an IV meth addiction can be one of the nastiest and hardest habits to break.

When I take amphetamines in a usually high dose the headaches seemed to be triggered by high blood pressure and when I sit down it usually seems to relieve it a bit

I get crazy bad headaches in the back of my head from neck tension. Shit starts creeping up on me and turns into a staggering headache after long enough.

I also get really really really stiff joints after about 48 hours of use. The headache after 24 hours. I know I dont stay hydrated enough but I do consistently eat.

a opiate or benzo wouldn't be a bad idea at all to relieve the headaches..
if its pain an opiate will get rid of it (hopefully)
and if it's due to tension then a benzo will relax your muscles enough to get rid of the headache. (hopefully, again lol)
or try some clonidine or a beta blocker (atenolol, proranolol(sp?) ) if you think it could be from high blood pressure.. cuz i know when i don't take my clonidine and atenolol i get a headache from high blood pressure and i can feel my heart literally pounding in my head, damn it hurts.. but if it's not like that, try a benzo or opiate and lay off the meth for a bit and let the headache go away, and drink some gatorade or powerade to rehydrate you. NO CAFFEINE even though it does help headaches.. it will just make this one worse most likely.

EDIT: just noticed this was from 4 days ago.. hopefully the OP's headache is gone by now.

Relieving this thread because it's the same question but hasnt't quite answered it.

I started meth few weeks ago, and have been doign about a point on a weekend.

First few weeks were great, but then one time i smoked a bit and a pulsing, throbbing headache came on. Quite intense. Kept smoking, got worse, took a panadol, subsided after about an hour, and i enjoyed the high like normal.

Since then it has been happening every time, and it comes on sooner and more intense every time. Now it comes on straight away and it gets almost unbearable. I'll take a toke and it'll hit couple minutes later, THROB, THROB, THROB, THROB, and slowly slowly ebb away but it'll take quite a while to completely dissappear. In face it carries on for a few days even when i'm not smoking again.

What is this???
What should i do???

Please help. I miss that lovely high i used to get.

PS - it comes on after the very first toke, so it's not muscle tension or dehydration or not enough food or something like that.