View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Salvia

jungo87

Greenlighter
I've never done any psychedelic drugs before not even shrooms. Would Salvia be ok to take in a very low extract? I don't want a full on hardcore trip just a mild trippy feeling

Well this is a tough one.

Yes salvia would give you a "mild trippy feeling" if you didnt break through. I do not find it fun at all. It feels ackward i sweat a bunch and its just very unpleasant.

I would suggest waiting. It wouldnt be representive of anything other then uncomfortableness. This is just my opinion.

Most people don't seem to like salvia, I don't mind it, but it seems to hit me lighter than most people. I'd stay away.

Salvia is a drug I recommend people interested in psychedelics try, just once. It gives the user a taste into just how strong drugs can be, especially psychedelics and what power they process but with an extremely short duration. Although I recommend if having a salvia experience, to do so properly and use a decent extract and smoke it properly for a real strong trip as many people may smoke salvia, but miss the full strength of the plant.

It just got me intrested in the legality of such a powerful drug. I bought the 10x extract once and the guy told me it's a bit like poppers. He said i'd have to smoke it through a bong or pipe, i rolled it into a joint didn't feel anything and thank fuck i never lol. I went into that shop intending to buy a legal weed like high not a full blown psychedelic trip. I got the rest taken off me by the police, when i collapsed after drinking to much, and the cops took the salvia off me

I dont really find salvia all that worthwhile unless I break through, which is extremely intense and sometimes uncomfortable. But thats just me. Also salvia is unlike any psychedelic I've ever tried and wont really give you a feel for the rest of the psychedelic drugs. If you decide to give it a try, dont let it influence your opinion on psychedelics all together as it feels nothing like a tryptamine or PEA.

I think i'll leave it the now as my mental health ain't that good atm, don;t want my head getting anymore messed up

It is very short lasting...dunno if that qualifies it as a "starting psychedelic"

one psych that seems to always end with people being happy is n,n-dmt. This may be a very strong psychedelic but it does seem to have a very low occurance (if any?) of "bad trips". People have reported feeling somewhat scared during their excursion into hyperspace, but it always seeems to end in a good light. That would be one reason I would choose dmt to pop a cherry.

Another would be the ease of access to the mats required to extract it. This seems like it would apply to you since it sounds like you don't live with your parents. Lastly, would be the price that would yield at least 500mg being well within most people's budget.

my salvia experience was short lived but no forgotten, uncontrollable laughter and a skippy trip, fun all round:)

My experiences with Salvia divorium have always been ideological breakthroughs -- ones that could be potentially deemed breakthroughs if the break was made in a reality outside of a cerebrum shrouded in complete paranoia.

I always found the 'lift-off' to be interesting and equally disinteresting when it comes to considering use of this psychedelic again. The 'lift-off' is a lot like being literally knocked out in the respect that you forget upon ascent that you just hit a psychedelic extract. This always left me unprepared mentally and there really was no way of avoiding it.

Yes, I would call salvia a psychadelic, but it really is not like any of the longer lasting psyches. I remember visual distorion and/or color changes from salvia, but not like with say LSD where I can stare at something and watch it come to life. Perhaps this is due to how fast salvia comes and goes and that it can knock you off your feet (fuck u up) if smoked properly.

The short duration could be attractive for it's use as a first time trip...it was my first.

It just got me intrested in the legality of such a powerful drug. I bought the 10x extract once and the guy told me it's a bit like poppers. He said i'd have to smoke it through a bong or pipe, i rolled it into a joint didn't feel anything and thank fuck i never lol. I went into that shop intending to buy a legal weed like high not a full blown psychedelic trip. I got the rest taken off me by the police, when i collapsed after drinking to much, and the cops took the salvia off me

The reason you didnt feel anything is because you didn't listen to him. Savia needs a direct flame in order for the salvinorinA to be realeased since it has allot higher vaporisation point than the active compounds in cannabis. If you where to use I bong I'd advise you take dry hits since salvinorinA is water soluble.