• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin cut with methamphetamine

Status
Not open for further replies.

nowcomeout

Greenlighter
I recently obtained a sample of heroin (about a gram) that was cut with (or perhaps only) methamphetamine. This was near Philadelphia. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered anything like this and also if there was a way to separate the heroin from the methamphetamine. It is hard to tell if it is all methamphetamine or not. Either way the stimulant effects seem to overpower any sort of depressive effects, mainly because methamphetamine is quite euphoric by itself.

Any info or insight is welcome. I'm not a regular poster so let me know if this should go in another sub-forum.

wtf?

AFAIK the differentiation of methamphetamine is hard at all. Shit should get you either spun or nodding. It's really that simple.

^he means its hard to tell the actual powders apart.

IDK man, thats weird shit. Id bet whatever it is, its all one thing though. No sense in mixing heroin with meth or coke or some RC

I not only have never heard of H being sold by the g, but never heard of meth in PA or surrounding areas either.
consider yourself lucky, be safe

I not only have never heard of H being sold by the g, but never heard of meth in PA or surrounding areas either.
consider yourself lucky, be safe

Ditto. Im from Philly and never seen or heard of anyone using meth around here. Are you sure it was meth? And a "gram" is a pretty fucking big "sample"!

I have known of a trucker that bought meth that was cut with heroin!...lol...actually it was more heroin than meth which is an unusual mixture in my opinion...I have heard of people near here that od'd and died on snorting or iv'ing what was sold to them as cocaine but actaully was like 80% heroin and 20% cocaine and a lot of these people apparently had never done heroin and for whatever reason they ended up in the hospital or dying from an OD,which to me is strange ,i would be able to tell that there was heroin in there after a few minutes when i started to nod off a bit or whatever...anyway a gram is not that large an amount to buy,when I buy heroin i usually get it 5 grams at a time,athough some of that 5 g's is for other people,why with the low prices in the area in philly and NJ,do people not buy by the gram more often ? It would certainly cut out the daily copping for bags and since most people seem to do 3 or 4 bags at a time,it makes sense to me to buy a gram or more at a time,if you have the cash to buy a gram at one time,,,anyway i guess living down here where our powder heroin is sold either in corner bags tied off with a 1/10th g each and grams selling at a discount compared to buying 10 - 1/10th baggies ,it is common to but by the 1/2 g or the gram or more...and not tar either,they sell that garbage by the gram here and in smaller amounts,but luckily we have good powder heroin coming down from Chicago,Detroit,and up from New Orleans...anyway meth used to be big in Penn. among bikers anyway in the 70's and 80's but that is a long time ago, did not think it was around there anymore,got a friend in Philly and he likes meth but said he had to go to Cali to get it..he only knew Cali people to get it when he used,hes in NA and all that now,,but anyway...

@Davis- We get stamp bags here in the Northeast. Most people get atleast a bundle (10-13 bags depending on location). Each bag is theroized to have .1 in it, so the bundle would make it a gram, but this is hardly true these days.

@ OP- Only time I ever heard of meth in philly was when I was watching gangland and the hells angels had a cooker there. It was a while back. Other than that maybe some gays know where it is there.

Thats strange, why would someone cut dope with ice? It seems wasteful... Usually dealers cut it with shit you can find at the store for a $1... If your getten bags of twist you should just count yourself lucky.

A meth / heroin mixture? Sounds delicious...
Anyway if that is really what you have, if everything is pulverized to a powder and then mixed together it will be impossible to seperate. If the mixture was chunky, then maybe. Heroin and meth both have characteristic bitter tastes of their own.

That's like cutting a stack of money with more bills lol...think you'd make more selling both separately

OP, can you please give an update on how it was packaged? In philly, heroin come in glassine bags (pretty much a little wax paper enveloped) that are about 1 1/4 inch wide, and folded into little rectangles often with an ink stamp on it.

If it was not packaged like that, then it may be something different. Also, what makes you think that it was cut with meth, and not a diff stimulant like coke (which is also very unlikely though).

I'm in the Northeast and a gram of sugar goes for anywhere between $x to $x depending on quality and quantity of grams purchased. The dirtier sandstone blocks are cheap and the more pure white china is $x. A single gram is not a lot at all for a sample, that's probably why it is a sample, because the dealer himself doesn't know wtf is in it. I've had a few times like that where my guy basically gave it away to me because he was not 100% on what was in it so he was seeing if I liked it, if I did I would pay for it and pick up more.

What I would do is just snort a very small amount first. See what happens, and if you do shoot it, don't pump the whole barrell in your arm like a numbskull.

Why do you guys say there is no meth in the northeast? You mean walking around on the streets? It's around here in isolated pockets on the west side of Cleveland.

Last edited by a moderator:
meth is around in the east. Although users go to great lengths to hide their usage as their is a horrible stigma for meth users. I know there's shards available in most rural towns off i-81 in virginia. The hill folk keep that shit.

That's mind-boggling. Why would anyone cut a desirable drug with another desirable drug? Seems to me you'd make more selling each individually.

I think a gram is a pretty large sample, but I suppose around here we only get tar and they don't even sell them by weight - so I wouldn't know if I got a gram or not. You either buy 'bigs' or 'smalls' it's strange.

Here is some more info for you all:

My dealer got a bunch of this methamphetamine stuff a few weeks ago as a dope re-up and couldn't sell it after people realized it was mostly methamphetamine or some other stimulant. He put it into glassine bags (white ones, the stamp was the word 'FILE' enclosed in a circle if that sounds familiar to anyone) like it was heroin (because it was supposed to be heroin). He has since re-upped on his usual awesome dope and the last time I bought from him he just gave me a bundle (which is about a gram here, give or take) of the methamphetamine stuff and told me to do whatever I wanted with it. The stuff looked like regular dope, except it was a little bit too much on the white side. The good (real) dope we get here is slightly off-white, so it was hard to notice really. The meth stuff burns like crazy when you snort it, it makes your nasal cavities feel like they are being bitten off (and how you would bite off a cavity is beyond me :p). It is definitely not coke because it lasts way too long. When you shoot it there is an initial dope like rush, which is soon overpowered by a strong stimulant feeling, instead of the usual relaxed opiate feeling. Still euphoric, just different (opiates are my DOC, I'm not really into stimulants at all) My history with methamphetamine has only ever involved eating, smoking or snorting, so I have no prior experience with shooting it. Oh yeah, the good white dope around here (that I get at least) usually dissolves completely in lukewarm water, leaving behind no visible insoluble particles. This stuff left a lot of tiny but visible particles behind in the spoon and on the cotton.

Methamphetamine is a pretty unusual drug in this city, so who knows what the stimulant actually is. While methamphetamine is by no means popular here, it is certainly available if you know the right people. You definitely can't get it on the street (and apparently you can't sell it either!) like crack, heroin, or coke (Philly's 3 main drugs in order of street availability, as far as I can tell).

My heroin dealer is from a heroin/crack block in North Philadelphia (I go through him so I don't have to go to "the block" to score), and the way I understand it he supplies a few small blocks with dope, which is usually really very good--some of the best dope I've ever had. I know he buys in bulk and bags it out in glassines for street sale. So I know he has a pretty good source. He warned me that it was cut with "crystal-meth" (his phrasing) but it was hard to resist what looked like a free bundle and I tried it anyway. The result: I've been up for over 24 hours. It seems to be mostly stimulant. The initial dope like feelings might be a placebo of sorts or just too easy for me to confuse with the IV stimulant rush since I have no experience with it.

Last edited:
that sucks but at least got free drugs out of it. Often in these parts we get stuff that is bright white slightly purplish in color and is shiny and crystallyine. If you ever see this stuff you might to give it a shot since it's not heroin or mess, it's actually better and stronger fentanyl. it hit so hard i woke up some time later fallen out on the floor. might want to go easy. that stuff broke me.

We don't do substance ID's. There is no way we can tell what your dope is cut with. Without a GC/MS testing device in a laboratory we can't give you a definitive answer. We can speculate til we're blue in the face but that's the best we can do.

I will say though, if you are buying heroin and it is cut with some sort of amphetamine, find a new dealer.. In the northeast we get stamped bags; if you buy heroin not in a stamped bag, off the street, I would be wary.

I am going to close this. Please review the BLUA and Other Drugs guidelines so you can familiarize yourself with the rules. Any questions feel free to PM me or any other staff member.

Status
Not open for further replies.