Refusal of Employee Drug Test?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps I read this incorrectly, but did the hospital provide your employer with a copy of your medical record without your consent?

I'm an alcoholic and my sponsor is a Lawyer. According to the EAP ladies report they thought I was drunk (I've been sober over a year) and that the ER is not where drug/alcohol screening is done in the first place.

The EAP lady agrees there is so many inconsistencies that she is willing to advocate on my behalf. I have to write a letter to the head of ER for them to explain to HR the idea that refusing 'blood work' constitutes a refusal of a test. Also alcohol or incoherence is not mentioned in the hospital incident report.

Obviously if I was drunk and incoherent it would show up on the ER report. No alcohol was ever mentioned ever. Only today in the EAP report was I informed they thought I was drunk. Everyone at work knows I don't drink.

When was that report generated?

I talked to HR and although ER admits no drug test was offered my Boss says I knew I was there for a drug test so the suspension and probation stands.

I was sick as hell that day and that is why I was at the ER

HR is saying I knew I was there for a drug test and did not take one even though ER admits none was offered.

Last edited by a moderator:
I talked to HR and although ER admits no drug test was offered my Boss says I knew I was there for a drug test so the suspension and probation stands.

I was sick as hell that day and that is why I was at the ER

HR is saying I knew I was there for a drug test and did not take one even though ER admits none was offered.

So they say you knew you were in there for a drug test, though you were never administered one, or had a chance to accept one?

Sounds like bullshit to me. Follow the advice of the rest of the posts in this thread and contact the appropriate representative. I don't see how they can possibly say you "knew" what you were there for.

bri2u2002;8698320 The treating physician asked me what drugs I had taken. I told them Xanax and Vicodin which I'm legally prescribed. That was the end of any drug conversation. They didn't ask me to pee in a cup. [/QUOTE said:
and

I'm prescribed Xanax and Klonopin by a psychiatrist. That's all I take- and Paxil.

You said in an earlier post that you were no longer taking Vicodin.

Status
Not open for further replies.