Favorite remixes of songs

ALL TIME BEST REMIX EVER: Tiesto's 'In Search of Sunrise' remix of Delirium's 'Silence'

I also love deadmau5's remix of Pendulum's 'Watercolor'.

David Guetta-Love is Gone (Joachim Garraud and Fred Rister Rmx)...so much bigger than the original.

yeah, I was trying to make this thread more about pop or hiphop songs that are remixed into electronic tracks.

Some remixes of hip hop tracks I really like

Glitchy & Scratchy - Forgot about Dre remix

Amp Live - Hot Right Now (Bassnectar Remix)

M.I.A. - Steppin Up (Religion Remix)

Rude Boy (TC Remix)

Also co-sign w/ the person who mentioned edIT's Artsy remix, I love that one

And this one isn't hip hop/pop but it's my favorite remix right now
Massive Attack - Paradise Circus (Gui Boratto Remix)

Spring Heel Jack's bizarre mindbending remixes from "The Sound of Music"

Spring Heel Jack's bizarre mindbending remixes of "My Favorite Things" and "Climb Ev'ry Mountain" from "The Sound of Music"

http://ilike.myspacecdn.com/play#Spring+Heel+Jack:Climb+Ev'ry+Mountain:12994915:m9224069

http://www.sfweekly.com/1999-09-29/music/review/

Review
Spring Heel Jack's The Sound of Music
A A AComments (0) By Mark Athitakis Wednesday, Sep 29 1999
Spring Hill Jack
The Sound of Music
(Tugboat) Everybody from the Misfits to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir has taken a stab at Rodgers & Hammerstein's "My Favorite Things," and who can blame them? Apart from being a classic, easily recognizable show tune, its melody is almost infinitely malleable. John Coltrane proved that most powerfully on his landmark 1960 version, pushing and pulling chords until he transformed a song of kiddie obsessions into one of his grandest statements of maturity.

Spring Heel Jack

On the four-song The Sound of Music EP (currently import-only; bend the ear of your local retailer), London drum 'n' bass duo Spring Heel Jack approaches the song with the same freewheeling sensibility, which marks another step in their evolution away from their jungle roots. The group was formed in the early '90s by John Coxon and Ashley Wales, who'd both sprung out of pop and rock roots, producing records for Spiritualized and, more famously, Everything But the Girl's "Walking Wounded." But a couple of years ago, the duo's straightforward, almost poppy approach (best displayed on 1996's 68 Million Shades) fractured into its polar opposite. 1997's Busy Curious Thirsty sprayed out dance beats, yes, but, taking its cue from soundtracks and dub, moved slowly, riffing on melodies instead of simply repeating them, and often exploding into grandiose blasts of processed horns, drums, and other sinister noises. Busy Curious Thirsty was more a contemplative jazz album than a set of club anthems, which is probably why the drum 'n' bass purists hated it intensely.

Spring Heel Jack's take on "My Favorite Things" won't help matters, which is just fine. Dark and echoing meditations take the song's basic melodies and sandblast them with violent washes of white noise and booming cathedral bells, as sampled piano notes tinkle vaguely in the background. "Climb Every Mountain" is if anything even more severe, layered with busy drum rattles that sound ripped clean from Max Roach, minor-key synths, and haunting choir samples. It ain't Coltrane, but the band is obviously looking in that direction for ideas -- one of the two relatively disappointing originals, "Death Futures," embellishes its bleak, ponderous rhythm with a series of hard-bop samples swimming underneath. Whether Spring Heel Jack can consistently articulate its newfound avant-garde vision outside of a borrowed melody isn't clear yet. But Coxon and Wales chose the perfect place to start trying, and, purists be damned, they've begun to make something of it. Jazzbos and junglists both can learn something from the results.

http://exclaim.ca/Reviews/ImprovAndAvantGarde/springheel_jack-treader

By Prasad Bidaye
Imagine Sun Ra conducting a big-band jazz orchestra with a score of breakbeats and digital treatments. Well, Treader is almost like that. It doesn't reach the intergalactic heights of Ra, but it is a similarly beautiful blend of noise, melody and rhythm. The tempo is still more or less drum & bass, with occasional excursions into industrial funk and dark ambient. But more than ever, the sound of Springheel Jack is completely detached from the linearity of DJ-oriented dance music and shows the duo moving even more deeply into serious compositional work. Not that they've gone into a completely art-rock direction. Treader is a very physical sounding album, with explosive rhythms, but its intensity hits hardest from the textured layers. The string parts on the opening cut, "Is," are rough like sandpaper, yet bright and lyrical. Detuned to a low rumble, they're used to a similarly distorted effect on "More Stuff No One Saw," taking the track up to a crescendo of darkness. The last few tracks on Treader, which include covers of "My Favourite Things" and "Climb Ev'ry Mountain," lean towards performances of pure, melodic dissonance.
(Thirsty Ear)

Last edited: