• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

using benzos to quit weed

88brenno

Greenlighter
Was wondering if a low dose of temazepam 10-20mg every night for 5 days would make quitting weed easier....

I dont have any tolerance to benzos...

I dont see the harm in 5 days of a standard prescribed dose aslong as you actually stick to 10-15 maybe 20mg each day for 5 days ONLY because they can be so addictive and you dont want to rely on them...

Hopefully after 5 days it might be easier maybe...

What are your thoughts?

Bad idea is bad. Replacing one drug with another is never a good idea. You especially don't want to be trading in whatever discomfort you may have for a benzo habit.

How about some exercise or something instead?

Using benzos to kick weed would be like...using methamphetamines to kick caffeine-free diet coke.

It's a bad idea. The only benzo I would consider using for the mild, mild W/Ds from quitting weed would be Flexeril - and that's only to counter the sleeping issues.

Goddamn, even booze would be a less terrible idea than replacing weed with benzos - at least it makes it perfectly clear how fucked up you are instead of sneaking up on you.

What do you feel you need the benzos for, anyway? If it's insomnia, try melatonin first.

Bad idea is bad. Replacing one drug with another is never a good idea. You especially don't want to be trading in whatever discomfort you may have for a benzo habit.

How about some exercise or something instead?

yeah don't do this.

benzos are highly addictive if u take them the way u described you'll get addicted to them, and it's just herb.

It's a bad idea. The only benzo I would consider using for the mild, mild W/Ds from quitting weed would be Flexeril - and that's only to counter the sleeping issues.

Chainer, flexeril is a muscle relaxer primarily, it doesn't help with anxiety at all (in my experience). If you're in any back pain, doctors toss it out like it's nothing...I guess it's still in the same "family" of drugs but I wouldn't lump it in with the likes of diazepam, clonazepam, alprazolam, temazepam, etc.

When I tried to quit smoking cigs, I used benzos for that, but weed is much easier to stop using...I'd say just deal with the mild wds by going out and trying to do something to take your mind off of wanting to get high. It's not worth replacing one drug with another.

Yeah, like I said, I'd only take flexeril to help me sleep, lol. Deff not for anxiety - I've got a script for alpra, diaze, and cyclo right now :) It's the only use I can find for the flexeril - a sleeping aid.

I didn't like the flexeril because it made me so groggy in the morning. My
doctor said it was a muscle relaxer. So gave me soma instead.

The idiocy of this thread is borderline frightening.

Grow some fucking balls and stop smoking, if you're bitching and moaning about quitting pot... I can only imagine the hellish time a benzo withdrawal would kill you.

So wait, should you use a very highly addictive substance with an array of severe (fatal) withdrawal symptoms to ween yourself off a non-addictive, organic substance with little to no repercussions of withdrawal?

Use your head man, come on... this is childish...

The OP knows it is addictive, he was asking if a 5 day regiment would be alright. Which it would...

The point to be made here is it is rather pointless to do because the W/Ds really ain't much to compare about. OP, if you actually stick to 5 days of minor benzo use, you will be fine, but can you actually use for only 5 days? That's the real question you have to ask yourself.

benzo addiction is terrible and the withdrawal can last years but if you only have 5 days worth of benzos i don't see why this wouldn't work.

I Never understood why benzos were so addictive...i've tried diazapam a couple times (10 - 30 mg)

Just made me feel a bit chill and sleepy...

They were always good after a heavy night of stims though

^Benzos are addictive because they are physically addictive, and psychologically addictive. The chemical makeup of the medication makes them addictive and WD is a MOTHERFUCKER!

It's a bad idea... because benzo addiction SUCKS... the WD sucks worse.

If you wanna stop smoking weed just stop. If you wanna mess around with benzos, don't make it a habit!! You will regret it!

Marijuana is not addictive.

But benzos certainly are.

Grow a pair and quit smoking weed. If you can't swim, stay out of the pool. Obviously there is a reason that you are trying to stop getting high, so my suggestion is that you just stay away from drugs altogether, as an addictive personality will take you very far down a road you may or may not want to travel.

/$.02

you're all gonna shout at me, but this is actually how i get off weed. i generally smoke every day to the point i can't sleep without it. however, i only use benozos for 1 night, the first night, when for me, without anything, it would be pretty much impossible to sleep. once you've done one day where you got to sleep without smoking up, the next of getting to sleep without anything is MUCH easier (still 1-2 hours insomnia, though quitting weed with nothing = 6-7 hours insomnia for several nights).

so do it for one day. thats all you need, and one dose wont get you addicted.

in fact i was on benzos for a year (prescribed) and coming off them, though horrible, wasn't as bad as some people are making out.

I don't find that benzos make cannabis withdrawal easier in the slightest. They're also one of the most physically addictive classes of drug out there.