Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Suboxone - Approx. 2mg Suboxone Insufflated ~ First Time MOA

Receptor Bound

Bluelighter
Clinical History: Highly opiate tolerant, past use includes the majority of all pain control (both IR & ER formulations) opiates most often at or above doses deemed abuse for over 10 years (nonconsistantly). Newly experienced with 8mg Suboxone sublingual tablets. Also includes over a year now of a rather controlled Heroin affair that has not gone over a bundle per week.

Pre-dosing Details: Although I am not myself on opiate-replacement therapy, I was given a few 8mg Suboxone tablets (by a close friend whom is on treatment) to ease off of the small H bender I finished on Monday (08.18.2010) morning around 11am CST. There is no doubt that when I administered my dose this evening that I was in mild to moderate opiate withdrawal.

Dosing Details: Broke off a small corner along with a few more 'crumbs' to equal what I could eyeball as approximately 2 milligrams of a complete, untouched 8mg Suboxone sublingual tablet (orange in color, orange candy in flavor, though more like Tang). Crushed until it resembled finely ground powder.​

*Date - Wednesday; 08.18.2010.
*Approximate Time of Administration - 4:15pm CST.
*Tools Used - Razor blade; straw; ummm...a nose. :p
*Mental State - Fine...experiencing some opiate w/d which was anticipated so not affecting mood.

**Shortened Time-Line From Administration To Assumed Fully Felt Substance Onset**

4:15 = Insufflated two lines...one 1mg line in each nostril for even effect.

+:05 = I'm not sure if I'll feel anything really except a subsiding of currently experienced withdrawal.

+:10 = Surprisingly enough, I already feel a lifting sensation as if my cloudy/hazy mind, annoying body/muscle aches & non-existant energy level are dissipating.

+:12 = I didn't expect to feel anything other than what it is intended to do but I actually feel a slight euphoria...a noticeable increase in social energy. I did not experience this when I had taken an 8mg Suboxone sublingually about a week prior to this (same situation ~ in minor w/d @ the time).

+:15 = Still euphoric & now I've noticed that my mouth has gone severely dry.
This reminds me of a low-grade opiate high. I feel like talking to anyone about nothing imparticular. Granted I'm not shy & never shut up, I was NOT in the mood for social interraction 15 minutes ago though I don't completely blame this on withdrawals.

+:20 = I feel the same way...no noticeable increase in effects since they peaked @ "+:15" though certainly no decrease either. I'm quite surprised & to be perfectly honest, a little excited since I expected nothing. This is DEFINITELY not placebo...I can assure you of that now! =D

Conclusion: Only 10 minutes after insufflation I was able to pinpoint the beginning effects of the buprenorphine doing it's main mode of action ~ withdrawal cessation. What I did not expect was the euphoria & social energy which were both experienced at "+:12" as well as the VERY obvious change from normally hydrated oral cavity to almost obnoxiously dry. I went from spit-happy to cotton-mouth in seconds. Crazy!

Clinical Importance: I believe that two main factors should be assessed here. First factor being the onset which was lessened by approximately 50 minutes (depending on the individual) when Suboxone is taken sublingually. This is of significant importance when patients are highly dependant on this medication's onset to alleviate their withdrawal symptoms. IMHO, an hour is a VERY long time to wait to finally get relief. The second factor being the removal of the dissolving process which has been shown to bother many patients whom either become nauseated or even vomit at first taste of the orange flavoring. Eliminating this step also assures that the patient won't continuously swallow saliva containing Suboxone which not only wastes valuable medicine but can also cause some unpleasant stomach pains, nausea & again, possibly vomiting.

=D =D =D

Take the above information as only a guide. I am NOT a doctor nor can I be responsible for any complications that arise from your attempt of insufflating Suboxone. This is simply a guide...information for harm reduction. This is MY experience. As with any substance, everyone will react differently so please exercise caution and contact a physician or pharmacist if you have any questions. Thank you. :)

Peace,
R*B​

***EDITED TO ADD ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: It has now been just over 12 hours since I insufflated the 2mg's of Sub & although any "buzz" I had melted away about 5 hours ago, I CAN tell ya that my withdrawal symptoms are still being kept at bay so in retrospect, administering the Suboxone via insufflation rather than sublingually and only dosing 2mgs instead of the recommended 8mgs has made absolutely no difference in the actual effectiveness of Suboxone for the treatment and control of opiate withdrawals. Sweet!!!
%)

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_suboxone
substancecode_buprenorphine
substancecode_opiates
substancecode_pharms
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
roacode_nasal

Last edited by a moderator:
yea I am a big fan of snorting, I have never onced used suboxone sublingually because I know snorting works a lot better. Actually I have started to IV it which I really need to stop, I only was using it for a day or two when both nostrils were congested from snorting but for some reason haven't stopped, and I don't have any micron filters and it doesn;t really give a rush so I'm needlesly damaging my body with the particle matter that isn't getting filtered out, but for some reason I can't stop IVing it now, partly because I use half as much as when snorting, but I really need to stop until I get some micron filters

yea I am a big fan of snorting, I have never onced used suboxone sublingually because I know snorting works a lot better. Actually I have started to IV it which I really need to stop, I only was using it for a day or two when both nostrils were congested from snorting but for some reason haven't stopped, and I don't have any micron filters and it doesn;t really give a rush so I'm needlesly damaging my body with the particle matter that isn't getting filtered out, but for some reason I can't stop IVing it now, partly because I use half as much as when snorting, but I really need to stop until I get some micron filters

Im in the same boat. I snorted my Sub for 2 years before the state cut people off from them and started forcing strips on people - now I need 4x as much as I did before - I dont want to start IVing them, but might have to due to budget reasons.

This thread always comes up when I?m looking for help with my sub. It actually makes me optimistic with my sub activity. I tend to stop heroin (usually after a period of anything from a couple of weeks to a few months) go on codeine ( max dose of about 400mg twice a day, and then hit the sub. If I?ve got loads I might do some sublingual, but snorting has seemed better in the past.

Oh yeah, it nearly always makes me sneeze though - must be the fineness of the particles. I try and stifle the sneeze of course.