• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

hallucinations on ambien?

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael_1992

Bluelighter
i took some ambien , i dont know the dose , i never took it before or since (i didnt have prescription). well i took that and then i started feeling dreamy (no surprise since its a sleeping pill), well then when i was on the computer on the wooden chair and desk, i started having this illusion that i was in the wilderness (hard to describe, i did not see trees, i was just saw things differently) , well i went on chat on some online forum and it looked like the words were kind of shifting around and then i put my head on the keyboard and pressed enter so my text that i typed into chat looked like "afdjsfksdjfksdjkfl" i barely knew i did it, i wasnt following the conversation at all, it just looked like a bunch of words that were moving (not fast, but they were shifting somehow with the line above them), and i also felt that these words were part of this "dream world wilderness experience"(hard to describe). when i later was in the kitchen , the kitchen looked different, somehow darker. it was very odd.
why did this happen? i didnt feel particularly tired , i was just in a dream for like an hour.

Ambien (Zolpidem) affects different people differently.
For me, Ambien does very little; it doesn't make me sleep much nor hallucinate.
Other people I know have had very similar experiences to yours.
If you want to use it for sleep, try varying the dose and also being in a position such that you can sleep, ie. don't try to stay awake after taking it.

Zolpidem definitely has the potential to cause hallucinations, and while not everyone experiences them (in recreational doses), most people I know do. I guess that all depends on your definition of hallucinations. If you're talking open eye visuals and crazy shit like that, than I think zolpidem would be pushing it. What do I know though right, and I suppose you could take an elephant dose, like 75mgs or over by my definition and these effects will probably increase.

The "hallucinations" I experience are more of the auditory variety, and seeing things in my peripheral vision. You mentioned that it felt sort of like a dream. Well put though, I would describe the overall experience of recreational zolpidem use to being in a dream. You can really lose your sense of reality, but I find that having a "bad trip" or similar bad experience is pretty difficult on this drug. Again though, large doses can change the anticipated nature of any substance

Ambien = Lorazepam not Zolpidem

But they are very similar

Nope. Ambien IS Zolpidem. Lorazepam is Ativan. They both have potential for hallucinations but Ambien has a much higher chance to cause them. Even at therapeutic doses (10mg) ambien makes me hallucinate.

Hi

SWim snorted 10 mg Ambien and had to work next day(Also had quite a lot of alc htat night). Nexr Afternoon drove to work 80kms with no memory how. Arrived there threw up (the only thing I remember from that day). Drove home (on a German Autobahn ((with no speed limit )with absolutely no memory and no idea how I survived). Alc and High doses of Ambien makes you a Zombie. SWIM could have easily died that day and have still no memory on how i managed to drive without being actually physically thinking \and having any motoring skills. BE safe!

SWim still regrets everything he did that day,.

Last edited:
You can have neat times on the stuff

I will say, my nightly deal is 20mg before bed. That did nothing tonight. So I ended up taking three more 10mg about thirty minutes after initial dose, getting me to 50mg, and that is why I am sitting here typing this. Having hallucinations. I'm watching a movie called jungle with Daniel Radcliffe and it's blowing my mind but pleasantly doing so. My iPhone seems to have a new "waterbed touch screen" feature, but I know it doesn't in real life. So if the original question was simply, can you hallucinate on Ambien? I'm doing it right now, and several other sites say it is a side effect of the medication. (Pleasant though I might add from under my blanket on my couch.) stay safe!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.