• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth ⫸Methamphetamine Megathread⫷

I'm curious as to how strong the rush with meth is, and how would it compare to the rush of heroin. I for one can seriously get off on the rush you get from H. Also, how is the high that's left behind, is it pretty euphoric? I'm kinda curious about meth, I use Adderall on a semi regular basis and have always kinda wondered how much more I could get done using meth, or maybe I wouldn't get anything done. ;)

I would say some people wouldn't enjoy meth because they just don't like stimulants, but a lot of people like meth for the same reasons others do heroin.

Meth is more euphoric and less "pushy" than Adderall is, so yeah, maybe you wouldn't get anything done hahahaha. Some people get really efficient on meth. Most amphetamine drugs (d-amp, d-methamp) have me doing a lot more stuff than I normally do. But I can also sit/lay down for an hour or two and get lost in a pleasurable sensation(s) (like listening to music, or having sex, or both %)).

As for the "rush", meth is more renown for its long lasting effects. It certainly has a rush but it's a different sensation than IVing heroin (or IVing midazolam).

Though meth can carry a lot of CNS stimulation, it can also be very comforting like heroin can be to people. It just depends on the user, and the product (racemic meth is more than likely less "comforting" than d-methamp).

Wats up guys, im a bit of a regular user of meth but am still not touching the needle. It is damm tempting but I know its over if I do it, just out of curiosity what does the buzz actually feel like. The only time I would do it is if I was old and retired and had the money.

Most meth users wouldn't have it any other way once they have tried it that way but then again, I have known someone who prefers smoking meth to shooting it.

Most meth users wouldn't have it any other way once they have tried it that way but then again, I have known someone who prefers smoking meth to shooting it.

I will have to agree with this one~~I will not do it any other way now. If I'm gonna get high, I'm gonna shoot it. My best advice here is not to move on to a different form of administration until you are bored with the one you are currently using. If you just luv blowin clouds or takin capsules, stick with it. Because once u feel that rush, u are pretty much gonna stick with the needle.

I'm curious as to how strong the rush with meth is, and how would it compare to the rush of heroin. I for one can seriously get off on the rush you get from H. Also, how is the high that's left behind, is it pretty euphoric? I'm kinda curious about meth, I use Adderall on a semi regular basis and have always kinda wondered how much more I could get done using meth, or maybe I wouldn't get anything done.

For me, the rush is my favorite part. IMHO, the rush depends on the purity of the meth, the amount you are consuming, and the amount of water you use. If you have a decent size shot of good quality meth that is diluted half water half dope you will prolly get an amazing rush. It starts as a burning (not painful) in your stomach and it rises up your chest and exits as a cough. For me tho, it not only rushes up, but it also heads south and exits in 'other' areas. ;) I get all tingly and hot. It's very intense! I've never taken heroin so I can't tell you how it compares. The high that is left behind is Euphoric and steady for a few hours. Sometimes I will be productive......but sometimes I am taken hostage by my computer!

Last edited:
Wats up guys, im a bit of a regular user of meth but am still not touching the needle. It is damm tempting but I know its over if I do it, just out of curiosity what does the buzz actually feel like. The only time I would do it is if I was old and retired and had the money.

I don't consider the feeling I get from shootin' meth a buzz. I would lean more toward an altered state of mind that is somewhere near La-La land and NeverNever Land =D I am happy, and silly, and spontaneous, and caring, and funny.......if I get high while I'm in a good mood, and no body fucks up my high. If someone messes with my high I get mad, sad, and very quiet. Did that help???

I still smoke ocassionally but that is just a warm up for the main event. Since I slammed the first time I've been hooked. So seductive.

I went from smoking to shooting and now back to smoking methamphetamine. I dissolve in some water (like coke, there is no need to heat meth before shooting it), always micron filter my shots, then I shoot it. It was a great experience for myself when I did it. If you are prone to missing a shot DO NOT do meth via IV!!!! I've seen horrible experiences from missed meth shots.

I used to love a fat shot of meth. It wasn't a good shot if I didn't fear that it might kill me once the rush hit.

Meth has one hell of a head rush. I wish I could just have the rush and not have to go through the not sleeping for days part.

let me say this... i have not done meth next month being six years i smoked it for a year bfore i starting shooting it....i was already bad off... the first shot i took was the best intense wonderfull thing ever...its unimaginable and unbelievable but shooting meth took me down and i mean down quick to anyone who is considering shooting meth i PROMOMISE YOU once u do there is no going back. u will never even consider doing it any other way. it took me a long long time to get my life back and only by the grace of god i am still alive and actually have a life again. i would never ever recommend the needle to anyone. There r things that go along with shooting meth that u can not even imagine . its been 6 years next month and i still think about it and dream about it and i dont know if that will ever go away.

I've been an IV user for a long time now. It's a feeling like no other. The way your heart beats and your head rushes, it's intense and amazing.. It's pretty sad but the way I can tell if I've had enough, is if I feel like I'm on the verge of an OD.

How much should one person take at a time?Depends on the quality, personal choice, effects you want, first time/not first time, there are heaps of variables.. Personally, the first time I shot it, I had a half gram shot and was absolutely, insanely high and thought I was going to die, I wouldn't recommend that to anyone! Be sensible the first few times (if not, every time) because as we know, it can go from woo to woah very quickly...

How often should you do a shot? I try not to shoot multiple times but it always happens, I find my veins thank me when I give them a break. If I have gear, I use it. I can go through three grams a day easily and that'd be about five shots worth.

How do you know when you have been 'smoked down'? I don't understand the terminology either, lol.

When is it time to up your dosage? For me, it was losing that initial 'rush'. I think I fucked myself at the beginning though, having my first experience with it being half a gram. I've not yet come close to experiencing anything like that except for a quarter of a point of insane shards I had once. It's at the point now where I can still sleep after two grams. Tolerance is a bitch!

What are the steps in preparing a shot of ice? Well, I'll set up what I need, take a seat at my desk and prepare. Usually for a half gram shot, I'll use 60units of water, draw it up in my needle, tip gear into spoon, add water, mix til it's all mixed in and no bits laying in the bottom, draw it back up into the syringe, then bombs away!

Mav :)

I get whats called crank by a lot of people up here in NY/New England. Its apparently a less purified version of meth, and easier to make. I started off blowing lines of it, and stuck with that for a quite a few months. I eventually did get used to smoking it, and enjoying the high that comes with that, and recently have been IVing it. All three methods give quite different initial highs, and depending on the situation, I switch up how I do the drug. Smoking is by far the smoothest and least overpowering high. I can almost close my eyes and relax after a few good hits, but the high tapers off quick, so I'm never far from the bowl for the next hit. Blowing/snorting a fat rail is a like getting woken up with a bucket of ice water-mostly ice-and hurts many times worse. As the pain in your sinus' dissappears in the following 30-45 seconds, the high begins to build and feels like you just woke up from a 24 nap, at a huge meal, and are excited to begin whatever you may have planned. This way seems to last the longest and most evenly for me before Im instrested in doing more. IVing is always a strange sensation. You obviously feel it the fastest and you get the most intense high or best initial peak. Theres no build up, or any "getting higher" indications, your just suddenly in the euphoric stage before you realize it, and depending on the size of the dose, can feel like you stepped from standing still on a sidewalk to instantly riding on the hood of a car on the freeway. It can sometimes take a minute or 3 just to get used to how fast your brain is processing information and make the required adjustments to interact with the world in this over-accellerated state. Hopefully this landed in the right thread, i realize its more of a general experience post than specifically meth-IV related, but I saw quite a few people either mention they hadnt tried IVing the drug, and/or experienced it one way, but not others. I wanted to give an idea of how the different methods compare to each other, as far as I have experienced.

I like the taste of ether after a shot of good old school ether dope aka crank..lol...the crystal lasts longer in general than crank but I have had some really fire white powder crank that was about as good purity wise as any crystal. People around here prefer the old school aka white pure ether crank ,especially IV meth users..crystal meth that is very pure is a good high but does not have that hardcore spin that crank does IMO,at least the good really clean ,purer crank..I used to get some yellowish crystal about 4 years ago from these Mexicans I knew, although I know a lot of Mexicans and whites,and black people that sell/use meth, but this yellow tinted crystal when you Injected it ,gave you that crank rush and you blew out ether after a shot like crank...I miss having that pink,white,peanut butter dope from Cali,and the yellow lemon drop from Cali ,the moist chunky meth that was fire to inject and smoked clean also...but the brown moist peanut butter crank from Cali was the best ever,back in 97 or 98,,we got a bunch and it looked like it was nasty dirty shit,,dark brown with orange,red,and lighter brown and blue crystals when you held that shit up to the light,also it turned blue in water and spun you out hard core and lasted a long time and made you feel like superman kinda meth..man dude said it was once a decade dope ,but now i think it was once in a lifetime dope,although we had a lot of it,it lasted for a month ,with us selling ounces a week even ...like I said we had a lot of it...

Wow, I can't believe you guys are suggesting 100mg+ initial dose for IV Meth. Maybe I am more sensitve to meth than most, but my first shot was 20mg, which didn't have much of a rush and my 2nd shot (a week later) was 40mg.

40mg had that mdma type feeling for like 40 minutes, followed by a 120+bpm heartrate (I have 65bpm normal resting heart rate) for the next 24 hours without sleep. Before this I would smoke or snort 30- 50mgs maybe once a month and use it to be more productive. Didn't seem worth it to me but to each their own.

love it

Here's the way I see it......We need a Meth-Amphetamine Injection Thread. I say this because anyone who has ever done a shot of meth knows who quickly it can go from Awesome.....to Oh NO! A missed shot of meth can make your arm feel like its about to explode. Not to mention the actual feel of a good hit. The cough, the burn in the chest, the euphoric Ahhhhhhh.....I just want a place that we can discuss this and other things so that we are able to learn and help prevent bad things from happening.

How much should one person take at a time?

How often should you do a shot?

How do you know when you have been 'smoked down'?

When is it time to up your dosage?

What are the steps in preparing a shot of ice? Water - Dope ratio

Stuff like that.......

i need to know. will i get the rush if i do more that 1 shot be fore being sober again, or going to sleep. like 2 or 3 shots in one high. even tho the hi may last 2 3 days. its still one hi. plz help anyone!!!!!!!

I started IV'ing meth in January of this year after having smoked it for the first time in October of 2009 and quickly saw my life as I knew it come to a screeching halt in early June. I lost everything, house, job, car, dogs...I would highly recommend leaving this drug alone, but if you're going to mess with it, IV is the cleanest delivery system, just make sure you are experienced in shooting and have plenty of discipline when it comes to drug use.

IMHO the following would be decent guidelines for your posted questions:

Depends on indididual tolerance, quality of dope, ice, etc - if you're new to meth, a good starting shot might be 1/8 of a gram (.125). If your tolerance has increased due to frequent use, perhaps 1/4 gram (.25 - typically a purchased "twenty" in the US). Always test your dope prior to injection (especially when you obtain from several sources), to test: roll a small bowl in a piezo first, or run it on foil. Quantities just go up from there.

The rule of thumb prior to doing a follow-up shot is as follows: if you can't hit yourself then you're probably still high, no shot needed. Probably 4-6 hours after your first shot, but as stated above, if you can't hit a vein then you're too high to have another shot.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "smoked down", perhaps you can explain this. Not a known term in meth circles.

If you're not getting ANY rush from your shot and you haven't missed, you probably need to up your dose.

What are the steps in preparing a shot of ice? Water - Dope ratio:
I've always used the same formula for prepping a shot of meth: whether I'm prepping a single shot or a shot for two, I ALWAYS use the same amount of water -40 units. That way I always know what comes back after I draw up. If the mixture is too thick, draw up a little more water into your syringe.
As far as method goes, put your meth in a spoon, add water, crush/stir so there aren't any chunks, cotton/wheel filter, draw up, bang away.

I can't stress enough that it is CRUCIAL you do NOT miss when injecting meth. Lord knows I missed plenty when I first started, unfortunately one of my misses ended up abscessing and getting infected. I had to be treated with IV antibiotics to cure the abscess, and I'm left with a gnarly little scar that'll probably never go away. Also, make sure that EVERYTHING that comes into contact with your dope is ABSOLUTELY CLEAN. Your spoon, your syringe, your water (tap water is fine) should be as clean as possible, that's just common sense.

Hope this helps

MsKitten

Meth is programmed to destroy all you have. Earlier or later, more or less, but for sure. It is always up to the user to recognize it as soon as possible and to save what remains.

Last edited:
Her Most Motherfuckin' Magnificent...Mademoiselle Methamphetamine

to anyone who is considering shooting meth i PROMOMISE YOU once u do there is no going back. u will never even consider doing it any other way.

i would never ever recommend the needle to anyone. There r things that go along with shooting meth that u can not even imagine .

:! Before I give my take on those five points, I need to respond to curlygurl's post. First, no one can predict how another person's dope slamming story is going to unfold. Some people never go back to smoking or snorting after they graduate, while others treat themselves to a shot every once in a while.

Second, I still enjoy smoking and snorting and I have been banging crystal since 7/7/10 . It all depends on the situation. Sometimes you are with friends who are passing the pizzo, while another time you might have to snort a line in some random fucking bathroom because you don't have any money for a pipe.

Finally, if the person is smoking an obscene amount of dope and still not getting high enough, why shouldn't they book a trip on the crimson cruise? In my experience, slammers are much more functional than smokers, and we don't deserve most of the stigma society has shoved on us.

Now for my version of the Gack Guidelines:

This mainly depends on the quality of the crank. If it is exceptionally good, 75mg will do the trick, but typically 100-200 mg gets the job done. If you keep doing the same amount, the instensity of the rush diminshes, so I usually increase my dose progressively. But a rookie should avoid doing more than 0.2 g.

This is purely personal preference. It depends on how high you want to get for how long. Some people like smaller issues every 2-3 hours, while others would rather do a monstrous dose every 12. You should also take into account how often you tweak, so as not to ravage your body. In other words, the more often you use, the more you should try to inject less and less, with more and more time in between.

I'm assuming that by 'smoked down' you mean when you do way too much. I know that I have done more than I should have when I feel like I'm walking on clouds. For a short time, I can't feel my body, I get dizzy, I'm somewhat sleepy and I feel a bit nauseous. It's like when you spin a top so hard it wobbles from side to side until it steadies itself.

When you want to intensify your rush. Personally, I up the dosage a little bit with every shot.

What are the steps in preparing a shot of ice? Water - Dope ratio:
(1) Place your dope in a spoon or the bottom of a soda can. (2) Add 10-20 units water to the dope. I was taught that the less water you use, the more intense the shot is, so I never use more than 15-20 units. (3) Crush the crystal. I find the top of the syringe works best. DO NOT USE A FLAME TO DISSOLVE CRYSTAL. THE WATER WILL EVAPORATE, LEAVING A COATING OF DOPE ON YOUR SPOON THAT WILL NOT DISSOLVE (4) Tear off a TINY piece of cotton from a Q-tip, roll it into a ball, and drop into liquid. It's best not to use cotton balls as they may contain the bacteria enterobacter agglomerans which causes cotton fever. (5) Slide the point of the syringe into the cotton at a shallow angle. (6) Draw up the liquid. (7) Tap the syringe so that any air bubbles rise to the tip. (8.) Press on the plunger to eliminate the excess air in the syringe. (9) Wipe injection area with alcohol. (10) Don't miss. ;)

THERE ARE ONLY THREE WORDS YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER WHEN INJECTING...CLEAN, CLEAN, AND CLEAN!!!!!

After your shot, rinse your syringe with water so the blood doesn't clog the needle. Save your cottons (when you are out of dope, 5-10 of those little guys makes a decent issue). If your injection sites start to scar, poke a hole in a Vitamin E gelcap and rub a little on the scar.

Lastly, keep in mind that ice is psychologically, rather than physically addictive (you only think that you need it). And remember, what goes up MUST come down. Stay safe...

...Uh oh...I think I hear the mademoiselle calling =D

shooting speed tips

only have two questions what size and gauge needle would an experienced shooter recommend and how would one best prevent cotton fever other than to not do it at all!

typical addicts use the "1cc long tip syringes" i dont know what size gauge but every1 i know, myself too buy 1cc long tip syringed..wanna avoid cotton fever? wash ur hands before handling any of the cotton, use a clean cooker or a farily good one

i now know one thing 27 gauge is too damn big leaves a track even if you are careful and dont miss oh well only wasted a ten pack. thanks for the cotton tip dont wanna fire tweak w/out filter shit tends to be dirty out here in the sticks!

And use a new cotton for every shot, as well as definitely not saving cottons to get residue out of later. Cotton fever is not caused by little bits of cotton being injected as many seem to believe, It's caused by the growth of bacteria in the cotton. The only time ever got this was when i used a cotton again from the night before before, which was incredibly stupid and irresponsible of me to do - let alone someone saving them up for a couple days, yuk! And as mentioned, clean your cooker. Use rubbing alcohol then shake it in the air to dry it, don't use a towel the alcohol with fly off and evaporate very quickly anyway.

Welcome to Bluelight! also please use the search engine in the future, you will find that the majority of simple questions like this have been discussed many times.

If you have good veins and can see and feel them, I would go for 31 gauge, short tips (5/16").

If you are using normal doses, you shouldn't need to use a large volume of liquid to dissolve the amount you want to use in one shot.

There's already a thread about injecting meth so I'll merge this in there.

I've had a few run-arounds with injecting, smoking, snorting, and even drinking meth. ;) (yep-drinking it mixed in with some good old O.J.) I don't know anything about the different types of meth- its all the same to me, never knew there were different types. Makes sense though cause the strength does vary and the high can be different sometimes.

:p I will never do it again. Any ROA, doesn't matter how. Nothing really all that"bad" happened, its just not for me. If you do too much of it, you can get sooo paranoid- and in a different way than cocaine. I mean in a way where your imagining conspiracies, and it almost like your in a different realm. Reality doesn't truly exist when your high cause it can cause... well... I guess the word I'm looking for is hallucinations, only I wasn't really seeing things. More like imagining things. Maybe I saw a couple of little things that weren't there, but its hard to describe the feeling I'm talking about. I just knew that this person or that person was after me, or my stash :)Dlol) I didn't know where I was (I was at home too), wasn't sure about who I was with (my husband).... It was freaky.

We're talking about days upon days of being awake and shootin meth constantly. And this only happened once. But it was enough for me. I still did it after that too, but no more than a half a gram any given day from that poing on, and I wasn't staying awake tweaking for days, but only maybe 3 or 4 times after that and I decided to just say no. :\ I've probably done meth 30 times or so. (a 3 or 4 day binge would count as only 1 time, ya dig?)

Anyways, it definately burns, even if you don't miss any, and regardless of the ROA (except for drinking). I can't answer any of those questions, cause I think it depends on the person, really. I just thought I'd add my own 2 cents too.

I also agree that for me at least, once I shot it up, there was no turning back. No way I'd ever take it a different way after feeling the rush. I have to say though that meth was never *really* all that great to me. The whole high IMO is like the worst part of crack smoking. You know, the comedown part where all you want is another hit, and your tweaking out, ready to surf the berber wave. i.e. the carpet lol. And the only way I EVER got a rush is IV. :| There are much better drugs out there.

Shot prep- Pretty much the same as everyone else. Put the goodies in the spoon, draw up water, then squirt into spoon (I use about 40 units of water), crush up the crystals (I use the bigger end of the plunger), put the filter on the tip of the needle, suck up the solution, squeeze out the "air," tie off, and bang

Last edited: