• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth ⫸Methamphetamine Megathread⫷

Been clean for 2 years and I sleep 14 hours a day and don't feel motivated but more suicidal. Is that normal?

Been clean for 2 years and I sleep 14 hours a day and don't feel motivated but more suicidal. Is that normal?

Yes-Meth directly effects the amount of dopamine released within your brain along with of course neurotransmitters etc etc . Depending upon how long one has used or even the amount consumed during one's lifetime will damage these receptors which tell the brain to be "happy". Some people are naturally born with a chemical imbalance or experience Depression. Drug use will also, especially meth, have a huge affect on this.

If possible I would go and see either a local doctor and a therapist. Your brain might not heal from the damage caused or another blatant reason would be 'cause you're having suicidal thoughts. You don't need to tell the doctors you've used, just stick to how you feel and for how long. Trying to figure out just why exactly doesn't resolve anything, it'll actually make it worse because then you're always thinking about the problem itself which can adhere one to "live in the moment". The present is what counts. Go talk to someone about your feelings and see what you can do to help your mind and thought process.

Yes-Meth directly effects the amount of dopamine released within your brain along with of course neurotransmitters etc etc . Depending upon how long one has used or even the amount consumed during one's lifetime will damage these receptors which tell the brain to be "happy". Some people are naturally born with a chemical imbalance or experience Depression. Drug use will also, especially meth, have a huge affect on this.

If possible I would go and see either a local doctor and a therapist. Your brain might not heal from the damage caused or another blatant reason would be 'cause you're having suicidal thoughts. You don't need to tell the doctors you've used, just stick to how you feel and for how long. Trying to figure out just why exactly doesn't resolve anything, it'll actually make it worse because then you're always thinking about the problem itself which can adhere one to "live in the moment". The present is what counts. Go talk to someone about your feelings and see what you can do to help your mind and thought process.

I've done it on and off for 10 years and I was using every single day 4-8 times a day shooting up 3-5 times a day because it would never be enough. And I was getting my dope from bikers it was p2p and it was almost always pure when the bikers didn't want to sell it to me. I know them and they wanted me to stay out of trouble so I had to find other drug dealers. Long story short.. I feel like nothing can help me but going back to Meth.. and that's an effed up way to think.. but that's honestly how I feel and I don't know what to do about it. I'm proud that I've been clean for 2 years.. but what's the point in life? Praising God? Yay! Having an awesome relationship with my fiance? Great! But me being unhappy and everyone feeding off my unhappiness and it being rubbed off on them and in turn they are miserable.. I would rather just leave everyone and go back to Meth and live on the streets to die in less than a year. So yeah I think I definitely need to figure out a way to get health insurance and go find me a therapist before I kill myself.

Meth/amphetamine safe use guide - You Need to Read before you Speed

A very important guide for all amp users

Alright, I dont know know if this is somewhere on this forum, i searched it and found nothing. This is taken from a drug based forum that is somewhat difficult to access. The OP tookall of this information from published studies and amassed this amazing post. So here it is:

1. First off, Methamphetamine is only psychologically addictive. Just like Cannabis, food, or the internet. Methamphetamine's addiction potential is equal to prescription dextroamphetamine (at similarly potent doses). If you are wondering why d-amph addicts are so much rarer, it's because d-amph is typically given out in prescription tablets only. People can still break it down and snort it, but the difference is that these prescriptions regulate their dosage every month and drastically lowers the chances of addiction. Just another reason why the drug war is such a failure really. European speed is so diluted and cut that I'd be surprised if you even got 10% dextro in your powder. No American dealer wants to sell dextroamph because it takes an extra step in synthesis and is less potent. If Europe had the availability to meth precursors like America did, absolutely NO dealer would be selling l- or d-amphetamine. Pharmaceutical companies have the incentive to use d- and l-amphetamine because meth carries such a stigma that patients won't want to take it. Big pharma has near free access to precursors and laboratories so making the slightly less potent d-amph costs almost nothing to them. It is saddening that people who are "pro-drugs except for meth" are tricked by the same misinformation that they hate so much when it's against cannabis. Hopefully by this point, you and I are on the same page and have moved past this "evil meth" label. Thus, I will refer to meth as amphetamine from now on.

Significant withdrawal effects only occur when amph is continuously redosed in high dosages. Why? Because constant redosing causes neurotoxicity. The long half life of all amphetamine means that redosing will additively increase blood plasma levels and your brain will soak in that. Acute tolerance shuts out euphoria around the time you reach your first half life. Redosing = excitotoxicity and accumulation of oxidative reactive species in the absense of most of the euphoria. Daily usage is only safe at therapeutic dosages (UNDER ~0.5mg/kg). It seems like it is generally agreed upon that meth is more potent weight by weight than dextro (about 1.3x). When the dosages are matched, they have the exact same safety profile.

Chronic use at anything above therapeutic level causes persisting DA striatal depletion. As in, it comes back VERY slowly (think years) and it isn't 100%. You can withdraw from Heroin and get away without lasting physical damage. The same cannot be said for amphetamines. The striatal depletions go unnoticed by binge users until they stop dosing whereupon shit gets real. Quickly. These are the only people that get severe withdrawal effects and feel extremely addicted. Just like every other drug, binging is bad. Before you call therapeutic dosages too pussylike, read the rest of my post.

2. Pre-treatment. Holy fuck I was glad to find out about this before I started using. Pre-treatment takes only one week and it permanently boosts all your subsequent amphetamine effects. It is called sensitization or reverse-tolerance. When taken at sub neurotoxic dosages, the brain becomes supersensitized to all subsequent amphetamine dosages. This effect has been tested to last longer than 120 days and is probably permanent. Animals were intially given a single small amphetamine dosage. In 120 days, they received their second dosage and the effects were dramatically boosted. Tests in human subjects show that the subjective high is nearly doubled from baseline. More research has shown that the optimal pre-treatment schedule is 0.15mg/kg daily for 7 days. The longer the withdrawal period after that, the stronger the effects (up to 30 days when it levels out). Also, did I mention that pre-treatment significantly reduces neurotoxicity in subsequent binges and high dosages? If your first few amphetamine uses were high dosage, you shocked your brain. You most likely had neurotoxic hyperthermia which diminishes sensitization.

Source of pretreatment on sensitization and reverse tolerance: http://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/bitstream/2027.42/26144/1/0000221.pdf
Source of pretreatment on neurotoxicity: http://www.nature.com/?file=/npp/journal/v28/n10/abs/1300247a.html
Bonus source for one dosage causing lasting sensitization: http://www.neuro.cjb.net/content/19/21/9579.short
(please keep in mind these dosages in the article are for rats and NOT for humans)

3. Any tolerance to amphetamines that last longer than 5 days is caused by neurotoxicity. The main reason for amphetamine's tolerance is its half life and how quickly the body adjusts to the presence of amphetamine in the blood. After only 3 days (approximately 5 half lives, i.e. ~97% of the drug is gone), this tolerance should be almost completely gone. Any persisting tolerance after 5 days was caused by striatal DA depletions as well as downregulation of D2 receptors. Again, if your tolerance lasts more than 5 days, reconsider your amount and frequency of dosage. Repeated high dosages without adequate time in between will fuck up your shit. The rewarding effects of sensitization is also severely diminished by this binge use.

Source: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0278584602002579
(I've seen several other sources but this is one I found with a quick search)

4. If you enjoy higher dosages, you must spread them out. This goes back to my last point. Moderately high dosages can actually be safe given that you washout the drugs (about 5 half lives) before redosing.

5. If you are female, the effects of amphetamine neurotoxicity are two folds stronger and psychosis along with addiction potential occur at half the dosage for males. The presence of certain male androgens are neuroprotective against amphetamine. Sorry, women.

6. Smoking and IV have the same safety profile as other ROA's when dosages are matched for bioavailibility and may actually be safer because of their shorter half lives. Rats can take single 25mg/kg injections with no neurotoxicity because their amphetamine half life is only one hour compared to the human time of 9-12 hours. Amphetamines are one of the rare drugs where these ROAs are safer because amphetamine neurotoxicity is primarily exacerbated by the time it stays in the body. Unfortunately, binge use with smoking or IV causes half life to be irrelevant and the safety profile becomes much more dangerous.

7. If you binge, STAY out places that are hotter than room temperature! Heat literally multiplies the tolerance and deficits you are causing to your brain. And, you must have already caused a lot of deficits if you are dumb enough to be a binge user.

To sum it up, DON'T FUCKING BINGE!

8. If you have suffered psychosis from amphetamine, I would consider stopping usage. Forever. And yes, even if it only happened once. The implications from psychosis are more than just some temporary effect because you didn't sleep. Amphetamine psychosis is actually caused by the repeated dosage - sleep deprivation only made your brain more vulnerable. The variables that play into psychosis are so wide that studies have yet to really be conclusive on them. Currently, it is believed that prolonged amphetamine blood plasma induces dopamine hyperreactivity. Guess how schizophrenics are diagnosed? Dopamine hyperactivity. Again, this probably causes lasting deficits.

Want to avoid psychosis? Don't. Binge. It is nearly impossible to induce psychosis if there are more than 5 hours of sleep between dosages unless you were already genetically predisposed.

Here's the schedule a beginner should follow for daily productive use and to prevent neurotoxicity (Assuming 99% bioavailability. Adjust dosages for your ROA bioavailability):

Days 1-7: 0.15mg/kg
Days 8-?: <0.5mg/kg for males, <0.25mg/kg for females
No more than once a day

For recreational use:

Days 1-7:0.15mg/kg
Days 8-?: <1.0mg/kg for males, <0.5mg/kg for females
No more than once every 3-4 days

After pretreatment and sensitization, 1.0mg/kg WILL bring a satisfying rush. On a 160 pound person, that would be about 72mg. If it sounds too little to you, than you have gone too far.

It's that simple. Moderation is key, what a surprise huh? If everybody took amphetamines responsibly with milligram scales, we would probably be exploring the universe by now.

P.S. As a bonus, take Vitamin C and E for antioxidants. Take Magnesium to slow down acute tolerance (NMDA antagonist = be higher for longer! YAY). Zinc supplementation was also found to be synergistic with amphetamine in ADHD patients. I don't know its effects on normal people, but I take it anyway. For further reading, look up "Robinson TE". He is by far my favorite researcher. Another goodie is Carl Hart. He is a forerunner on meth research and always talks about the exaggerated claims on meth. He himself said that scientists have known for a long time that methamphetamine is exactly like dextroamphetamine at a drug policy conference.

Last edited:
Nice post. :)

The theory of pre-treatment for sensitisation is new to me, and I'm wondering how it applies to people who have used amphetamines in the past. For example, if I used meth at low recreational doses (orally mostly, smoked on occasion) twice a month for about a year, and that was 10 years ago. Until about a year ago I used mixed amphetamine salts at therapeutic doses, maybe 6 times a year, at most. Then last spring some 2-fma which I used every other day, roughly, for 3 months. I gained quite a tolerance and had to increase my dose to 4x my original starting dose. For that and other reasons I decided to take a break.

I haven't touched it since but I'm considering using it again, maybe twice a week, to boost my energy levels and productivity. I am female and my weight varies from 45-50kg, so I'm guessing effective doses for me will be borderline safe. I know with adderall I seem to have a permanent tolerance such that I need at least 30mg to get any useful effects. Meth is definitely my amphetamine of choice but I'm in Europe and all I've come across is super-cut d-amphetamine, which I dont like. Do you think pre-treatment would be worthwhile considering I haven't used any stimulants since last summer?

I'd love to read your reference regarding androgens being protective, if you have it available or can suggest search terms for pubmed. Maybe I can pretend my brain is male since I've never suffered from psychosis or addiction. :p

Pretty good stuff man, glad to see another AMP loving journal junkie :)
Do you have a source for the bit on women? I've read of differential effects of neuroinflammation and sexes but not direct neurotoxicity. Also, check out some of my threads if you wanna get down dirty and technical (oh god PKCdelta why are you so evil?!?!)

Good post (though some of your links aren't coming up on my computer). I use stimulants but not recreationally.

Thanks for posting, this really helps for a dextro-methly user. I did experience some kind of physical and mental issue after taking adderall orally at 15mg, considering this was something I didn't know about at the time I ended up hospitalized for a week without taking it. Thankfully I was prescribed something different and my sister advised me to take only .5mg everyday which has been going great for me cause I need it once. No physical defects, no binges, and no tolerance ever since.

2. Pre-treatment. Holy fuck I was glad to find out about this before I started using. Pre-treatment takes only one week and it permanently boosts all your subsequent amphetamine effects. It is called sensitization or reverse-tolerance. When taken at sub neurotoxic dosages, the brain becomes supersensitized to all subsequent amphetamine dosages. This effect has been tested to last longer than 120 days and is probably permanent. Animals were intially given a single small amphetamine dosage. In 120 days, they received their second dosage and the effects were dramatically boosted. Tests in human subjects show that the subjective high is nearly doubled from baseline. More research has shown that the optimal pre-treatment schedule is 0.15mg/kg daily for 7 days. The longer the withdrawal period after that, the stronger the effects (up to 30 days when it levels out). Also, did I mention that pre-treatment significantly reduces neurotoxicity in subsequent binges and high dosages? If your first few amphetamine uses were high dosage, you shocked your brain. You most likely had neurotoxic hyperthermia which diminishes sensitization.

I have always wondered why I had always enjoyed and been able to manage my methamphetamine enjoyment, even when I had a fantastic supply of it. I administered all kinds of ways to.

But this makes sense.

My first experience with methamphetamine was with a woman I had just met who turned me on to smoke it with her. It was fucking amazing, but after that, I didn't know where to get it, and had since resigned it to a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Six months later I ran into a long-term supply and found myself using just as often as my cohorts, but maintained my conscience throughout, while I watched everyone change around me. Maybe it was the neurotoxicity.

Disagree entirely.
Care to elaborate? This isn't really the kind of thing that you can have an opinion on, but everyones different. Please, do tell exactly what causes you to disagree. Also, to everyone asking about the links; I'm sorry, but again, im not the writer of this post. I took this from a forum that isn't normally accessible from the surface internet. It goes through a service that hides the ip of the website, so it wont come up in search results on a typical browser. Because of this, I decided it deserved to be posted here, where you don't have to be a computer wiz to view it. But sence its out there, i might as well give the link to the original post. There is information to be taken away from the discusion. http://dkn255hz262ypmii.onion.to/index.php?topic=22378.0

Last edited:
That was extremely helpful about what I needed to know. I hope I never do this drug especially because my I know I could come across it when having ADD.

Alright, I dont know know if this is somewhere on this forum, i searched it and found nothing. This is taken from a drug based forum that is somewhat difficult to access. The OP tookall of this information from published studies and amassed this amazing post. So here it is:

1. First off, Methamphetamine is only psychologically addictive. Just like Cannabis, food, or the internet. Methamphetamine's addiction potential is equal to prescription dextroamphetamine (at similarly potent doses). If you are wondering why d-amph addicts are so much rarer, it's because d-amph is typically given out in prescription tablets only. People can still break it down and snort it, but the difference is that these prescriptions regulate their dosage every month and drastically lowers the chances of addiction. Just another reason why the drug war is such a failure really. European speed is so diluted and cut that I'd be surprised if you even got 10% dextro in your powder. No American dealer wants to sell dextroamph because it takes an extra step in synthesis and is less potent. If Europe had the availability to meth precursors like America did, absolutely NO dealer would be selling l- or d-amphetamine. Pharmaceutical companies have the incentive to use d- and l-amphetamine because meth carries such a stigma that patients won't want to take it. Big pharma has near free access to precursors and laboratories so making the slightly less potent d-amph costs almost nothing to them. It is saddening that people who are "pro-drugs except for meth" are tricked by the same misinformation that they hate so much when it's against cannabis. Hopefully by this point, you and I are on the same page and have moved past this "evil meth" label. Thus, I will refer to meth as amphetamine from now on.

Significant withdrawal effects only occur when amph is continuously redosed in high dosages. Why? Because constant redosing causes neurotoxicity. The long half life of all amphetamine means that redosing will additively increase blood plasma levels and your brain will soak in that. Acute tolerance shuts out euphoria around the time you reach your first half life. Redosing = excitotoxicity and accumulation of oxidative reactive species in the absense of most of the euphoria. Daily usage is only safe at therapeutic dosages (UNDER ~0.5mg/kg). It seems like it is generally agreed upon that meth is more potent weight by weight than dextro (about 1.3x). When the dosages are matched, they have the exact same safety profile.

Chronic use at anything above therapeutic level causes persisting DA striatal depletion. As in, it comes back VERY slowly (think years) and it isn't 100%. You can withdraw from Heroin and get away without lasting physical damage. The same cannot be said for amphetamines. The striatal depletions go unnoticed by binge users until they stop dosing whereupon shit gets real. Quickly. These are the only people that get severe withdrawal effects and feel extremely addicted. Just like every other drug, binging is bad. Before you call therapeutic dosages too pussylike, read the rest of my post.

Source of pretreatment on sensitization and reverse tolerance: http://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/bitstream/2027.42/26144/1/0000221.pdf
Source of pretreatment on neurotoxicity: http://www.nature.com/?file=/npp/journal/v28/n10/abs/1300247a.html
Bonus source for one dosage causing lasting sensitization: http://www.neuro.cjb.net/content/19/21/9579.short
(please keep in mind these dosages in the article are for rats and NOT for humans)

3. Any tolerance to amphetamines that last longer than 5 days is caused by neurotoxicity. The main reason for amphetamine's tolerance is its half life and how quickly the body adjusts to the presence of amphetamine in the blood. After only 3 days (approximately 5 half lives, i.e. ~97% of the drug is gone), this tolerance should be almost completely gone. Any persisting tolerance after 5 days was caused by striatal DA depletions as well as downregulation of D2 receptors. Again, if your tolerance lasts more than 5 days, reconsider your amount and frequency of dosage. Repeated high dosages without adequate time in between will fuck up your shit. The rewarding effects of sensitization is also severely diminished by this binge use.

Source: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0278584602002579
(I've seen several other sources but this is one I found with a quick search)

4. If you enjoy higher dosages, you must spread them out. This goes back to my last point. Moderately high dosages can actually be safe given that you washout the drugs (about 5 half lives) before redosing.

5. If you are female, the effects of amphetamine neurotoxicity are two folds stronger and psychosis along with addiction potential occur at half the dosage for males. The presence of certain male androgens are neuroprotective against amphetamine. Sorry, women.

6. Smoking and IV have the same safety profile as other ROA's when dosages are matched for bioavailibility and may actually be safer because of their shorter half lives. Rats can take single 25mg/kg injections with no neurotoxicity because their amphetamine half life is only one hour compared to the human time of 9-12 hours. Amphetamines are one of the rare drugs where these ROAs are safer because amphetamine neurotoxicity is primarily exacerbated by the time it stays in the body. Unfortunately, binge use with smoking or IV causes half life to be irrelevant and the safety profile becomes much more dangerous.

7. If you binge, STAY out places that are hotter than room temperature! Heat literally multiplies the tolerance and deficits you are causing to your brain. And, you must have already caused a lot of deficits if you are dumb enough to be a binge user.

To sum it up, DON'T FUCKING BINGE!

8. If you have suffered psychosis from amphetamine, I would consider stopping usage. Forever. And yes, even if it only happened once. The implications from psychosis are more than just some temporary effect because you didn't sleep. Amphetamine psychosis is actually caused by the repeated dosage - sleep deprivation only made your brain more vulnerable. The variables that play into psychosis are so wide that studies have yet to really be conclusive on them. Currently, it is believed that prolonged amphetamine blood plasma induces dopamine hyperreactivity. Guess how schizophrenics are diagnosed? Dopamine hyperactivity. Again, this probably causes lasting deficits.

Want to avoid psychosis? Don't. Binge. It is nearly impossible to induce psychosis if there are more than 5 hours of sleep between dosages unless you were already genetically predisposed.

Here's the schedule a beginner should follow for daily productive use and to prevent neurotoxicity (Assuming 99% bioavailability. Adjust dosages for your ROA bioavailability):

Days 1-7: 0.15mg/kg
Days 8-?: <0.5mg/kg for males, <0.25mg/kg for females
No more than once a day

For recreational use:

Days 1-7:0.15mg/kg
Days 8-?: <1.0mg/kg for males, <0.5mg/kg for females
No more than once every 3-4 days

After pretreatment and sensitization, 1.0mg/kg WILL bring a satisfying rush. On a 160 pound person, that would be about 72mg. If it sounds too little to you, than you have gone too far.

It's that simple. Moderation is key, what a surprise huh? If everybody took amphetamines responsibly with milligram scales, we would probably be exploring the universe by now.

P.S. As a bonus, take Vitamin C and E for antioxidants. Take Magnesium to slow down acute tolerance (NMDA antagonist = be higher for longer! YAY). Zinc supplementation was also found to be synergistic with amphetamine in ADHD patients. I don't know its effects on normal people, but I take it anyway. For further reading, look up "Robinson TE". He is by far my favorite researcher. Another goodie is Carl Hart. He is a forerunner on meth research and always talks about the exaggerated claims on meth. He himself said that scientists have known for a long time that methamphetamine is exactly like dextroamphetamine at a drug policy conference.

If only I had a way of convincing the wife to let me use very little when I need to just to boost energy levels. And I can do it without getting out of hand I've done it before without going crazy. Doubt that will work. Could just break up with her and do what I want lol fuck man I hate pleasing everyone else but excluding myself and being miserable!

Help.. I dont understand!!

I think i found the right place to ask this, if not please move it :-/
And i apologize but im kinda in a hurry for an answer.

I have been hitting a particular spot, probably more often than i should but ive got few places to inject left as i was a heroin addict for years... Im aware of the dos and donts of iv drug use and i typically have no issues up and down this vein... But its been hard to register anywhere on me today (probably due to me not drinking enough water and layin down too much). And so ive gone back to old trusty.. Earlier, i did my routine, felt NO pain but too my suprise i drew back what i would call bright red in comparison to the deep red i get there most of the time. Like i said, no pain and it just scared me so i decided id better research and wait... I did realize that the brachial arterty Does come together in the general area -below left inner elbow... As ive said i have hit there a few hundred billion trillion times over the years and never recall noticing the color difference.
This spot requires that i push the point in straight down at a slight angle and once i bottom out the needle i still have to push slightly to get that telltale "pop" into the vein. Sounds bad but its always dark blood and it doesnt hurt nor does it bleed much, if at all... This time, it Did bleed more than normal but it was still hardly much and easy to stop...
I waited until i was no longer freaked out, a couple hrs later and tried again and it went as smooth as could be...
Nonetheless, ive tried again and it happened again. Still no pain or excessively large amounts of bleeding..

Have i hit an artery? I dont have an unusual bruising, swelling and no knots and like i said, it doesnt hurt to insert either. But something is different i assume or the blood would look the same, i think...
If its unlikely to be an artery, are there reasons my blood would sometimes look brighter red?
Id post a picture to show exact location but i cant due to... It seems triggery, so i dont know if its against the rules but if its not, and you have some info and need to see exactly where im hitting, inbox me and ill send you a picture.
Thanks,
B:?

I have always wondered why I had always enjoyed and been able to manage my methamphetamine enjoyment, even when I had a fantastic supply of it. I administered all kinds of ways to.

But this makes sense.

My first experience with methamphetamine was with a woman I had just met who turned me on to smoke it with her. It was fucking amazing, but after that, I didn't know where to get it, and had since resigned it to a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Six months later I ran into a long-term supply and found myself using just as often as my cohorts, but maintained my conscience throughout, while I watched everyone change around me. Maybe it was the neurotoxicity.

I have always felt this way too! Thank God I'm not the only who feels this way. This post above has inspired me to weigh out each of my daily doses. I only ever really insufflate Meth but I've always followed/listened to my body as well as believing in "start small" or in other words ...DON'T binge, has seemed to hold true in being a good rule of thumb.

Care to elaborate?

dextro-Methamphetamine is a lot more addictive than regular dextro-amphetamine. This can be accounted for by the relatively stronger euphoria methamphetamine delivers, and is probably related to the 5-HT release that regular amphetamines don't deliver on equally.

I think that most people with equal experience with meth and regular amphetamines can explain how much more addictive methamphetamine is.

I'd be interested to see if it was just me, but I'd be shocked if that was the case.

dextro-Methamphetamine is a lot more addictive than regular dextro-amphetamine. This can be accounted for by the relatively stronger euphoria methamphetamine delivers, and is probably related to the 5-HT release that regular amphetamines don't deliver on equally.

I think that most people with equal experience with meth and regular amphetamines can explain how much more addictive methamphetamine is.

I'd be interested to see if it was just me, but I'd be shocked if that was the case.

I have myself, had many experiences with both drugs. For me I find them to be quite similar with the physical effects of each amphetamine. Amphetamines, Methamphetamines, etc., are all made up with very similar compounds and the structure of the drugs themselves are almost exactly the same. Yes, Methamphetamines are stronger or more "pure" than regular amphetamines found in Adderall. I've talked to many people about both drugs and those who use Adderall on a recreational basis and have tried a small dose of Crystal Meth find their physical effects to be the same. Meth just has a large negative hype behind it--which personally frustrates me to no end because if used in moderation or along with practicing "harm reduction", a person can still live and be a positive attribute to society.

Does that mean amphetamines won't effect everyone differently? No, they still will as each and every person is also genetically different--but we're all the same species so the physical outcomes are bound to effect everyone within a similar range physically. Meth or amphetamines are addictive only psychologically, NOT physically...compared to Heroin or OC etc. which is addictive physically. No matter what one person chooses to do they're ultimately harming their body but as I've said before--"harm reduction" is a very useful practice and one must always be aware and educated, in my opinion, on those important factors while using any drug.