• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Seroquel - Feeling like a zombie

I took 400mg a few nights ago (2-200mg tabs) and was on the floor getting a massage when they hit me... I had to get up to go pee and found that not only could I not walk, but was slurring speech big time and could NOT for the life of me keep my eyes open!

The strange thing was that in my mind I knew EVERYTHING that was going on, I just couldn't get my body to cooperate with my head, worse than zombie'd.

Last night I took only 200mg and found this to be the perfect amount for getting to sleep post-meth. Just laid down and slowly fell into sleep, I'd say within 30 minutes of taking the seroquel. For anyone's reference, my body weight is approx. 60kg (~125lbs - if that has any bearing on proper dosing), and have only taken seroquel 1 other time in my life.

mmmm....pharmaceuticals...

MsKitten

I take 75mg twice a day of Seroquel for anxiety. At first, it made me a total zombie. I found that I had to take naps during the day. However, after a while you build a tolerance to it and it doesn't make you as groggy. I also found that taking it with food makes it much more potent.

For sleep, I take trazodone. I've taken it for many years and it works like a champ! You don't build a tolerance to it and it doesn't effect your REM sleep and it's non-addicting. That's why they give it out at Rehabs, because it's so safe. It's given a lot to recovering alcoholics that are used to passing out from alcohol. That's why it was first given to me. 100mg and within an hour, I'm out like a light.

i take 200mgs at first it made me groggy and i passed out...now it doesnt even help me sleep. so i dont even take them

exactly, only good to knock you out if that is the intended purpose, very very rarely. It has horrible w/d and side effects. Its a fucked up drug imo and I constatntly see people worse off after taking it for long periods.

It should NOT be used as long term sleep therapy
Should only be used in an on the street way to say buy a pill to end a 4 day meth binge.
There are much better antipsychotics (if you take this for this reason ask your doctor about switching)