• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids A question about doing dope when on suboxone.

lifeguardsleeps

Bluelighter
I haven't posted on Other Drugs a lot, but I can't find the answer to this.

I am taking suboxone for my heroin habit. I have been taking 12mgs a day for two days so far. I don't feel well and I am always depressed and wanting to do dope. However, my physical withdrawals are pretty bearable and mainly consist of insomnia and extreme fatigue occassionally getting to the point of yawning and restless legs.

The posts I have read say you have to go 96 hours without the subs to feel the full effects of your dope. I know I can't go that long for sure. I doubt I could even make it 24 hours without taking it.

So my question is am I still going to feel horrible if I do dope? If I shoot some dope can I get well or is the suboxone going to block it?

I guess finding out is the only way.

No one tell me to call my doctor because I'm already going to do that.

Yes, you will get sick beyond belief... not from the dope, but when you take the suboxone again. I did this... except with methadone... I didn''t take subs for a day, drank meth, the next day took a suboxone, and let me tell you, it was the worst 3 day sickness I ever had.. worse then coming off of methadone alone... dont do it... stick with the subs, it will get better

Yes, you will get sick beyond belief... not from the dope, but when you take the suboxone again. I did this... except with methadone... I didn''t take subs for a day, drank meth, the next day took a suboxone, and let me tell you, it was the worst 3 day sickness I ever had.. worse then coming off of methadone alone... dont do it... stick with the subs, it will get better

^^^^Not necessarily....there is definitely a way to go from subs...to heroin...and back to subs....without having to deal with precipitated withdrawal(which is what "poundinG FISts" is alluding to in the above post.

First off, EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT....so to be honest, the only way to truly know how you and your body will react in a given situation is to just do it(allthough there are precautions you can go through to lessen the chance of a negative experience).

To start off, im not sure why you are still feeling crappy and overall withdrawal symptoms still.....maybe you had a HUUUUGE heroin habit...you should let us know how much you were using....
For example....I had a bad heroin habit for 4 years, where the last 2 and a half years I was IV'ing my shots.....spending on average $150-$200 a day. Not to mention the Oxy and other opiates I was able to get my hands on. So, in most peoples opinions I had quite a large habit, yet it only takes me a milligram or two(if that) to keep me feeling great on the suboxone(actually the lower my dose went on the sub, the better/and more euphoric I felt. You can search bluelight and find tons of information on this "less is more" concept with suboxone. I know its hard to grasp, but it is the truth, I swear on my life).

But, since you still are having negative symptoms, I honestly would reccomend upping your dose little by little until those symptoms go away. Tell your doctor about how your still having "insomnia, extreme fatigue, depression, and thoughts of relapsing" and I have NO DOUBT he will increase your dosage until you feel satisfied.....BUT, once you reach that stabilized point, I reccommend that you start lowering your doses at a comfortable rate, making sure that none of your symptoms start to come back. As long as this works ok, once you get around the 4 mg or less mark, you should start to feel some euphoria from your daily doses of suboxone(making it easier to stop thinking about heroin, and you might even decide to dose 2 to 3 times a day, each time resulting in a slight euphoric buzz. Its nothing like shooting up heroin, but in my opinion its enough to keep my mind off of using drugs again so I can stay clean.

In my experience, the lower I go on my dosage, the better I feel. And the good part is that as long as your not a complete idiot....you can lower your doses at a comfortable rate ON YOUR OWN, without the doctor having to know anything. That way, you will keep getting your normal prescription of about 24 -32 mg's(whatever dose you stabilized at) that you can stockpile and save up for future use, or for when times get real tough financially.

Im prescribed 12 mg's a day like you, but I have only ever taken 4 mg's at once at the most(this was only like 2 times just to see what would happen, and by the way, nothing happened except I felt normal)....pretty much ever since I started Ive been taking my suboxone in doses ranging anywhere from
.2 mg's-3 mg's at a time. And each time I lower my dose the better/more euphoric I feel. I know its hard to understand because your whole life your brought up being told that "more is more" but suboxone just happens to be one fucking weird drug that doesnt work that way. There are many very intelligent and experienced people on this website who also know alot about this subject.......in particular "Captain.Heroin" is an absolutely amazing source for information and support when it comes to heroin addiction and suboxone maintanence. I reccomend you Personal Message him(or me obviously, anytime) with any questions...or you could just find him in a certain thread on bluelight and get acquainted with him there(thats if you dont have 50 posts yet preventing you from sending/recieving private messages.

Captain.Heroin, I believe is currently taking only .02 mg's at a time now....its unbelievable how low he has tapered his dose to. And he tells me that every time he goes lower, the better t feels...he doesnt wake up feeling sick, etc....

FYI....both me and Captain.Heroin IV our suboxone so we can get 100% bioavailability from it as compared to only like 35% with sublingual use. I reccommend this only if you have the right supplies....micron filter, clean needles, etc.......but if yuo do not want to do this, its no big deal, you can either take it as prescribed under the tounge, you can snort it(this works very good, ~65% bioavailability), or you can plug it(up the butt, about the same as snorting, maybe a little better).

Oh, and, ever since I started taking doses at 4 mg's or less, I have been able to shoot up heroin within only a couple of hours after my last dose of suboxone and I can still feel atleast 80% of the heroins effects. SO, basically, as long as your on lower doses of suboxone, you dont have to wait very long at all to do some heroin or oxy or whatever(you might not have to wait at all, but the longer you wait the better it works, I would say like 4 hrs. as long as your on low doses of sub)......Allthough, like I said, EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT.

SOOOOOO......to answer your question, I personally think you shouldn't even think about doing some heroin until you have gone through the process I just went through^^^above^^^. Once your taking low doses of suboxone...go for it, do some heroin, get nice and high, just be careful you dont start to slide down that slippery slope again before you even realize it. I reccommend (once your on low sub doses) to only do heroin, oxy, or other similar opiates about once a month TOPS....prefferably never....but maybe something like once every 3-6 months would be safe enough so that you dont have to worry too much about relapsing.

Feeel free to ask me ANY questions
(sorry for the LOOOOOONG post)

jamesBrown

It seems like the precipitated withdrawal thing is different for everybody. If I am on a low dose of suboxone (2mg or less per day) I can take suboxone in the morning and shoot dope later that night and I'll feel it just fine. Then the next morning as soon as I start feeling sick I'll take my suboxone and it won't put me in precipitated withdrawals. On a higher dose (8mg or more per day) which I haven't taken in a very long time since I found out about the "less is more" concept with suboxone, I would generally wait 24 hours till I did any dope, and that was always enough time. On the other hand, my buddy claims that he has to wait at least a couple days after taking suboxone to be able to fully feel his dope, so I guess it's different for everyone.

As far as your question, I'm fairly certain you can do some dope 24 hours after your last suboxone dose and be fine. You might not feel it 100%, but it will at least make you feel better. It seems that (for me at least) precipitated withdrawals only come if I take suboxone too soon after doing dope, not the other way around. According to my experience, the worst that will happen is you won't feel the dope as much as you would like to, but you will feel better nonetheless.

^^^^Not necessarily....there is definitely a way to go from subs...to heroin...and back to subs....without having to deal with precipitated withdrawal(which is what "poundinG FISts" is alluding to in the above post.

First off, EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT....so to be honest, the only way to truly know how you and your body will react in a given situation is to just do it(allthough there are precautions you can go through to lessen the chance of a negative experience).

To start off, im not sure why you are still feeling crappy and overall withdrawal symptoms still.....maybe you had a HUUUUGE heroin habit...you should let us know how much you were using....
For example....I had a bad heroin habit for 4 years, where the last 2 and a half years I was IV'ing my shots.....spending on average $150-$200 a day. Not to mention the Oxy and other opiates I was able to get my hands on. So, in most peoples opinions I had quite a large habit, yet it only takes me a milligram or two(if that) to keep me feeling great on the suboxone(actually the lower my dose went on the sub, the better/and more euphoric I felt. You can search bluelight and find tons of information on this "less is more" concept with suboxone. I know its hard to grasp, but it is the truth, I swear on my life).

But, since you still are having negative symptoms, I honestly would reccomend upping your dose little by little until those symptoms go away. Tell your doctor about how your still having "insomnia, extreme fatigue, depression, and thoughts of relapsing" and I have NO DOUBT he will increase your dosage until you feel satisfied.....BUT, once you reach that stabilized point, I reccommend that you start lowering your doses at a comfortable rate, making sure that none of your symptoms start to come back. As long as this works ok, once you get around the 4 mg or less mark, you should start to feel some euphoria from your daily doses of suboxone(making it easier to stop thinking about heroin, and you might even decide to dose 2 to 3 times a day, each time resulting in a slight euphoric buzz. Its nothing like shooting up heroin, but in my opinion its enough to keep my mind off of using drugs again so I can stay clean.

In my experience, the lower I go on my dosage, the better I feel. And the good part is that as long as your not a complete idiot....you can lower your doses at a comfortable rate ON YOUR OWN, without the doctor having to know anything. That way, you will keep getting your normal prescription of about 24 -32 mg's(whatever dose you stabilized at) that you can stockpile and save up for future use, or for when times get real tough financially.

Im prescribed 12 mg's a day like you, but I have only ever taken 4 mg's at once at the most(this was only like 2 times just to see what would happen, and by the way, nothing happened except I felt normal)....pretty much ever since I started Ive been taking my suboxone in doses ranging anywhere from
.2 mg's-3 mg's at a time. And each time I lower my dose the better/more euphoric I feel. I know its hard to understand because your whole life your brought up being told that "more is more" but suboxone just happens to be one fucking weird drug that doesnt work that way. There are many very intelligent and experienced people on this website who also know alot about this subject.......in particular "Captain.Heroin" is an absolutely amazing source for information and support when it comes to heroin addiction and suboxone maintanence. I reccomend you Personal Message him(or me obviously, anytime) with any questions...or you could just find him in a certain thread on bluelight and get acquainted with him there(thats if you dont have 50 posts yet preventing you from sending/recieving private messages.

Captain.Heroin, I believe is currently taking only .02 mg's at a time now....its unbelievable how low he has tapered his dose to. And he tells me that every time he goes lower, the better t feels...he doesnt wake up feeling sick, etc....

FYI....both me and Captain.Heroin IV our suboxone so we can get 100% bioavailability from it as compared to only like 35% with sublingual use. I reccommend this only if you have the right supplies....micron filter, clean needles, etc.......but if yuo do not want to do this, its no big deal, you can either take it as prescribed under the tounge, you can snort it(this works very good, ~65% bioavailability), or you can plug it(up the butt, about the same as snorting, maybe a little better).

Oh, and, ever since I started taking doses at 4 mg's or less, I have been able to shoot up heroin within only a couple of hours after my last dose of suboxone and I can still feel atleast 80% of the heroins effects. SO, basically, as long as your on lower doses of suboxone, you dont have to wait very long at all to do some heroin or oxy or whatever(you might not have to wait at all, but the longer you wait the better it works, I would say like 4 hrs. as long as your on low doses of sub)......Allthough, like I said, EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT.

SOOOOOO......to answer your question, I personally think you shouldn't even think about doing some heroin until you have gone through the process I just went through^^^above^^^. Once your taking low doses of suboxone...go for it, do some heroin, get nice and high, just be careful you dont start to slide down that slippery slope again before you even realize it. I reccommend (once your on low sub doses) to only do heroin, oxy, or other similar opiates about once a month TOPS....prefferably never....but maybe something like once every 3-6 months would be safe enough so that you dont have to worry too much about relapsing.

Feeel free to ask me ANY questions
(sorry for the LOOOOOONG post)

jamesBrown

Thanks that was really helpful. Well I did some dope and it worked. I think staying clean for a few days lowered my tolerance and cancelled out the subs.

Anyways I used today and yesterday instead of subs and i took the sub this morning, and i felt sick still for a few hours but now i feel ok so thats good. I don't know if I can stay straight and keep from doing it again today anyways.

I'm thinking about getting the one with out the naloxone because my doctor said it doesnt taste as bad and i will try IVing it because i have a craving for needles still.

oh and my habit is like 10 bags a day but i could do 30 if i wanted to.

Thanks that was really helpful. Well I did some dope and it worked. I think staying clean for a few days lowered my tolerance and cancelled out the subs.

Anyways I used today and yesterday instead of subs and i took the sub this morning, and i felt sick still for a few hours but now i feel ok so thats good. I don't know if I can stay straight and keep from doing it again today anyways.

I'm thinking about getting the one with out the naloxone because my doctor said it doesnt taste as bad and i will try IVing it because i have a craving for needles still.

oh and my habit is like 10 bags a day but i could do 30 if i wanted to.

Im going to give you a very dumb down version, and hope you understand.

1)If you have 10 receptors, and fill 5 with suboxone if you will the other 5 with heroin you will feel it. Not as much if all 10 were heroin, but half.
2)You can ALWAYS do opiates AFTER suboxone
3)I dont feel like getting into the p/w because I switch constantly within 12 hours back and forth and have never had a problem, there is a logical/scientific reason for what causes p/w but I have nerve palsy and typing hurts, sorry