DJ Mag Top 100 DJs 2010

MDMAhead

Bluelighter
Click here to vote

OK so we all know some shit trance DJ is gonna win it as usual. But why not show the DJs you love some support by voting for them. If nothing else, it may help them get some extra gigs, and earn them some extra cash.

I voted for:

1 - Lee Burridge
2 - Agoria
3 - Aphex Twin
4 - Luke Vibert
5 - John Selway

Also, apparently everyone who votes gets a free track from Trackitdown.net. However, I can't figure out how to claim my free track. When I put a track in my shopping basket and then go to the checkout, it asks me for my credit card details, and tells me I need to pay £1.75. It all seems like a big con to me, but if anyone else can figure it out, please let me know!!!!!

If anyone does decide to vote in it, let us know here who ya voted for!!!

:)

I hate this contest, but I voted any way as I love filling out e-forms.

1. Bassnectar
2. Flying Lotus
3. Eskmo
4. Wolfgang Gartner
5. French Fries

As for the download, it worked perfectly for me.....

Got Musica by Hydrogen Rockers. Old school house track!

Last edited:
As for the download, it worked perfectly for me.....

Got Musica by Hydrogen Rockers. Old school house track!

What exactly did you have to do to get the free download, Thizz?

I followed the link from the email they sent me, which prompted me to set up an account with Trackitdown.net. I then set up my account, and put a WAV file (I went for 'Mix A' of 'White' by Circulation) in my shopping basket. I then went to the checkout, but nowhere did I see any kind of indication that I could claim the track for free.

Maybe your free track can only be an MP3 and not a WAV file???

If only I would have waited till' ozora festival to vote...

Heard all 5 in the last 8 months:
Planetary Assault Systems, Kamui, Proteus, Ben Klock, Kr!z
But I would have replaced Kamui and Proteus with Simon Posford and Blue Planet Corporation or Vibrasphere...

I hate this contest with a passion.

I seriously never get more spam than around the beginning of August because of all the superstar DJ's sending the "VOTE FOR ME BECAUSE I ROCK" messages.

It's kind of sad really. It's almost as if they put more time into telling people to vote them into this contest than they do with production and stuff.

I hate this contest with a passion.

I seriously never get more spam than around the beginning of August because of all the superstar DJ's sending the "VOTE FOR ME BECAUSE I ROCK" messages.

It's kind of sad really. It's almost as if they put more time into telling people to vote them into this contest than they do with production and stuff.

Lee Burridge has never asked anyone to vote for him in this poll (that's probably why he hasn't made the top 100 in the last 2 years).

But yeah - I can't help thinking that a lot of the people who vote in this have only been into clubbing for like 1 year, and the only DJs they've ever seen are Tiesto, Paul Van Dyk, Armin Van Buuren, Above & Beyond, and Ferry Corsten.

The fact that you get spam around the start of August serves you right for being on Tiesto's mailing list :p :p :p

Top djs.... for me.....

1. A-trak
2. Diplo
3. Bloody Beetroots (as a dj duo and live band too)
4. Datsik
5. BASSNECTAR
6. Crookers
7. French Fries
8. Carl Cox
9. Afrojack
10. Excision

biggest disapointment of the last 5 years, deadmau5 at ultra, he better not get in the top 10, even though I know the prick will.

Last edited:
Top djs.... for me.....

1. A-trak
2. Diplo
3. Bloody Beetroots (as a dj duo and live band too)
4. Datsik

these are the best I can think of now theres more, i'll edit later...

Diplo is an amazing DJ!!! I voted for him in last year's DJ Mag poll (I think I put him as my 3rd favourite DJ). The only reason I didn't vote for him this year is I haven't actually seen him since 2008 (that was in Melbourne, and he tore the club apart!!!).

CS - have you got his 'Fabriclive' mix CD? - I can't recommend it enough!!!!

What exactly did you have to do to get the free download, Thizz?

I followed the link from the email they sent me, which prompted me to set up an account with Trackitdown.net. I then set up my account, and put a WAV file (I went for 'Mix A' of 'White' by Circulation) in my shopping basket. I then went to the checkout, but nowhere did I see any kind of indication that I could claim the track for free.

Maybe your free track can only be an MP3 and not a WAV file???

It had a "your voucher has been accepted" pop up when I first signed up.

It had a "your voucher has been accepted" pop up when I first signed up.

Yeah I had that too. But then I put a track in my shopping basket, and went to the checkout, and it asked me for me credit card details and told me I needed to pay £1.75.

That's really odd....when I put the one song in my shopping basket it still read that I was paying '$0.00'.

Did you have anything else in your basket?

Maybe you should contact the site to see what's up.

That's really odd....when I put the one song in my shopping basket it still read that I was paying '$0.00'.

Did you have anything else in your basket?

Maybe you should contact the site to see what's up.

Nope, I didn't have anything else in my basket. I have emailed their customer support, but so far all I have received is an automated response email, telling me that it will be a while until I get a response, due to them being busy at the moment. LOL.

Agh that sucks man. I hope everything sorts out and you get your free tune!

Agh that sucks man. I hope everything sorts out and you get your free tune!

Cheers mate :)

At the moment, the only Circulation tracks I own are on mix CDs. But I'd like to have some unmixed Circulation tracks, so that I can play them when I start DJing =D

1. Sander Van Doorn
2. Mat Zo
3. Daft Punk
4. Richard Durand
5. Armin Van Buuren (let's face it, I might not like a lot of his productions, but his DJ sets are SICK)

(NOTE: I based my votes on the DJ SETS that these artists do and not their productions)

it'll probably be an electro house dj this time. ;)

Haha, I doubt it. There'll definitely be some cheesy electrohouse DJs in the top 10 (David Guetta and Deadmau5 were in it last year, and probably will be again this year). But I think Armin Van Buuren and Tiesto have got the competition sewn up. I mean.........they put so much effort into getting people to vote for them that they'll probably be the numbers 1 and 2 for years to come :\

By the way, I never knew you were such a big Marky fan! - he always used to be my favourite dnb DJ!!!! (although I haven't actually seen him for 6-7 years). I always used to be amazed at the diversity of his sets - he really did play the full range of drum n bass - everything from jazzy ambient stuff to full on techstep, and he used to build his sets really well too. I take it he must still be really good though, seeing as you voted him your 2nd favourite DJ!!!

totally agree about Tiesto or Armin being in the top 3. I'm sure it will be pretty similar to last year's list maybe with 1 or 2 new DJ's who have been in the top 30 in the past year.