DJ Mag Top 100 DJs 2010

By the way, I never knew you were such a big Marky fan! - he always used to be my favourite dnb DJ!!!! (although I haven't actually seen him for 6-7 years). I always used to be amazed at the diversity of his sets - he really did play the full range of drum n bass - everything from jazzy ambient stuff to full on techstep, and he used to build his sets really well too. I take it he must still be really good though, seeing as you voted him your 2nd favourite DJ!!!

Yes, pretty much everything you said are the reasons for me picking DJ Marky. He's really lightyears away from any other drum & bass dj in terms of mixing skills and track selection.

Last edited:
The DJs that have impressed me the most this year are

Kruder & Dorfmeister
Tiga
Crookers
Laidback Luke
Josh Wonk
Moonbootica
Luke Slater
Monika Kruse
A-Trak
Chris Cunningham
Paul Kalkbrenner

But Guetta will piss it, and to be fair as pop/dance crossover french sex gods go, I like him, his music's cheesy shit, but he is fun and fun is what its all about tbh. He's had a great year and his album has been huge.
But if Van Buuren wins it again, I'll buy a second world war spitfire and declare war on all things dutch.

I can't remember the whole list, but I know Above & Beyond was first and Deadmau5 was somewhere in there too

I can't remember the whole list, but I know Above & Beyond was first and Deadmau5 was somewhere in there too

This is not true. Above & Beyond have never won the DJ Mag Top 100 DJs poll. Maybe you're thinking of some other poll.

Last year's top 10 were:

1 - Armin Van Buuren
2 - Tiesto
3 - David Guetta
4 - Above & Beyond
5 - Paul Van Dyk
6 - Deadmau5
7 - Ferry Corsten
8 - Markus Schulz
9 - Gareth Emery
10 - Sander Van Doorn

LOL, I knew trance was popular, but I never knew it was quite that popular!!!

Come on Bluelighters - let's get some decent DJs in the top 10 for once!!!

yeah I don't hate all trance but come on.... it has dominated the contest for a lonnng time. And half of them aren't very impressive imo....

and to all the trance fanatics I respect all genres but I definitely have my preferences :D

Even as a, well just see my name ;), I've never really understood myself why the top 100 is so dominated by trance DJs. Taking Ibiza as a cross-section of European clubbing, only two of the really busy nights are trance nights (Cream and Tiesto, although calling Tiesto trance is tenuous as fuck now) and Armin's night is really a secondary night out there, plus he himself only draws half of the fairly modest Tuesday night Amnesia crowd anyway -- Roger Sanchez on the terrace is just as busy.

Not sure if the thousands of people packing into Cocoon, We Love, Subliminal, SHM etc simply don't bother voting or what??

I may or may not vote as the whole thing is rigged to fuck anyway, plus I suspect that cheese monster Guetta is going to win this year, which really will be a travesty and as a self-respecting clubber may just be the cue for me to hang up my boots...

But if I do vote it'll be something like:

John O'Callaghan
Sean Tyas
Simon Patterson
Greg Downey
Fast Distance

All trance (duh <<<<------- ;)), all DJs who've I've seen this year who've really impressed me, and no massive top-ten names.

Last edited:
This is not true. Above & Beyond have never won the DJ Mag Top 100 DJs poll. Maybe you're thinking of some other poll.

Last year's top 10 were:

1 - Armin Van Buuren
2 - Tiesto
3 - David Guetta
4 - Above & Beyond
5 - Paul Van Dyk
6 - Deadmau5
7 - Ferry Corsten
8 - Markus Schulz
9 - Gareth Emery
10 - Sander Van Doorn

LOL, I knew trance was popular, but I never knew it was quite that popular!!!

Come on Bluelighters - let's get some decent DJs in the top 10 for once!!!

I never said they won it. My post was referring to who I voted for. I put Above & Beyond first and Deadmau5 was somewhere in there too and I don't remember who else I voted for.

above and beyond, gareth emery, armin van buuren live is pretty cool... but deadmau5 ... ack

No aussie who loves the harder beats and plenty of Dutch DJ's!

Nearly Defqon time!

bump when does this end?

Voting closes on 23rd September. I think the results are officially published around late-October/early-November, but they often get leaked before then.

Come on Bluelighters! - don't let this year's poll get dominated by cheesy trance DJs!!!!! Get ya votes in!!!!!!

1. Myon and Shane54
2. Tiesto
3. Armin Van Buuren
4. Paul Kalkbrenner
5. Richard Durand

The list is silly really as people just vote for whats popular, i mean deadmau5....please

his latest creation... a shit fuck dubstep tune if you can even call it sucks horribly. I spent 56 minutes listening to him @ ultra (the first 4 was b.s. they had a huge light show and fire and then the drums were way overpowering SOFI (some other female interest, his vocalist) blocking her as well as deadmau5... also in the first four minutes the mixer broek and on the screen you saw pale deadmau5 having a hissy fit, he played 2 bad dubstep tracks.... his mixer broke.... (think it got fixed half way in) and he looked somewhat intoxicated, had a bad set list and even with ableton did not mix all the songs well.... I should stayed w/ carl cox!

i thought about it a little my top djs are

Tomb Crew
Bloody Beetroots (spinning) or Deathcrew 77 live as a band... actually like the live band more but never actually seen a dj set personally, only heard mixes and seen utube videos which look good too.
Carl Cox
Jack beats
Bassnectar
Afrojack
Crookers
Mr Oizo
Sebastian
Nosia
Daft Punk
Midnight Conspiracy (up and coming born and raised 3 kids from the burbs' that all live in chicago and have 2 weekly regulars. my friend hugn out w/ all of them in HS and I have seen them multiple times and met thm befor but never hugn out, cool laidback kids they will be huge in two years promise you that)
Excision
Drop The Lime
Douster
French Fries
Don Rimini
Datsik
Borgore
Stardust
A Trak
Diplo
Major Lazer
Boyz Noize
Busy P
Eskmo (never seen but heard 2 live mixes and 4 tracks produced 2 years ago by eskmo, seeing him TONIGHT. will add review in the reviews section...)
Donald Glaude (impressed me out the blue twice at Ultra, I knew who he was but almost skipped him twice until I ran in the tent to grab my friend right as donald sgtarted but the first track i like so we danced and talked then the next track was hot and more people came in so we didnt leave, saw him again the next night at a surprise set (only 30 minutes) and then saw him WAY later in the early morning and talked to him for 2 mins while really trashed and he was real layed back!)
Soulwax
Laidback Luke (guilty but oh so good pleasure)
Benny Bennassi (cheesy but can really throw down sometimes)
Donny
Limewax
Dylan
Teebee
Dom & Roland
Andy C
Ac Slater
Fedde Le Grand
MstrKrft - They didnt impress me the one time I saw them, but it wasn't absolutely horrible.. they were obviously overly intoxicated that night.. anyways I loved their essential mix and many other mixes they released.. but deserve top 100 especially imho when people like guetta and mau5 are getting in top 5

in no particular order yet

Last edited: