• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

FDA approves Ecstasy : New treatment of Iraq war veterans with resistant PTSD

yea i just got approved for treatment by sanlancoo vet hospital so happy they handed me 90 yellow obamma triple stack x pills and said here ya go son go fuk some hoes!!!!

This is great news,

for a number of reasons which if they all tie together could bring about a massive change in public perception of this drug.

1, Its the USA that are doing this, normally they have a hardline stance on any drug that has ever been put into the no accepted medical use, s8, or class A drug.

2. theres a large enough population of soldiers if this work, around the world, for big pharma companies to sink money into it if there is a potential profit. thats the only way it would be legalised. But it would always stay away from your local pharmacy, it would be something your psychiatrist would use in sessions, or in hospitals, and universities. possibly your pharmacist might be able to order it in but i cant see any reason why a doctor would prescribe someone( eg 20 pills of MDMA at 100mg) to a person. it Is a magical thing when used sparingly, but never would it be a daily thing, an antidepressant or something like xanax, which even though its only good when used sparingly for panic attacks, many people use it and get a lot of the original anxiety back just from the pills withdrawal effect itself.

I think id pay big money to see a psychiatrist who would use MDMA in a session.

would you?

oh yeah, good news for the war vets, who face and see horror daily. I in no way support War, but these guys should be paid a lot more than they are for risking their lives.

Well waddya know... Finally they've stopped preaching and started listening to the facts...

It remains to be seen if this was a momentary slip-up by the anti-drug nazis...
But hopefully this is a sign that reason will prevail once more :)

At the very least, I'm glad some people will finally benefit from this substance.. We've known how amazing it is for far too long to still be pretending it is of no use.

let's just hope this leads to medical grade mdma becoming availible, black market or otherwise.
Blue Nuke's :D
Not sending people overseas to get PTSD in the first place would be more effective IMO.

This is not a good thing.

War is inevitable.

Well waddya know... Finally they've stopped preaching and started listening to the facts...

It remains to be seen if this was a momentary slip-up by the anti-drug nazis...
But hopefully this is a sign that reason will prevail once more :)

At the very least, I'm glad some people will finally benefit from this substance.. We've known how amazing it is for far too long to still be pretending it is of no use.
This!

God knows they need some kind of stimulation after going through the stuff they go through! My brother served in three tours. I wonder if he knows about this. Hmmmmmmmm?

This is very good news for me. I'm a stutterer and MDMA is the only thing that cures us stutterers. I hope the FDA trials don't take too long.

I think its nice that MDMA has been accepted as a form of treatment for something like PTSD. I'm very confident in saying that the current medications used for disorders like that have little to no efficacy. I can't even begin to describe the nightmares SSRis and/or Benzos have caused in my life and those of my friends/family.

Again, let's clarify this, the FDA haven't approved MDMA.

Once more ...

The FDA haven't approved MDMA

They approved a TRIAL with 40 vets.

A trial.

That means, at the end of the trial, regardless of the results, they can turn around and do absolutely nothing.

It's so infuriating seeing people flock in here going "Woo finally they've seen sense".

NO.

They haven't. They're still the same FDA, answerable ultimately to the same anti-narco US government.

Besides, MAPS have been running studies for years. This is nothing new, and it's hardly news at all.

I just wish people would read before they posted.

mark my words 6/15/25 pot will be in vending machines across the land of the free%).....LEGALY....and im talking about ALL ACROSS 51 STATES

I have some mixed feelings on this topic because of some of the long-term side effects of MDMA.....however, I'm sure in a therapeutic dose, the dose is WAAAAY less, and if manufactured in a FDA approved lab, perhaps some of those side effects can be minimized or completely erased...A few years ago I think a certain politician wanted to treat some citizens of another country with ketamine....but long term use of that one *can* cause liver damage and schizophrenia...however I snorted 2-5grams/day for a few years of it and my blood analysis as of march showed my liver functioning well, and I may be a little crazy but not schizophrenic :p lol. I believe there are some ketamine based anti-depressants in the works for temporary use until the SSRI/SNRI/MAOI can start working in that 4-8 week time period.

Not sending people overseas to get PTSD in the first place would be more effective IMO.

This is not a good thing.

But if they didn't go overseas looking for fake WMD's how on earth would they do a hostile takeover of 90% of the world's opium trade AND steal Iraq/Afghanistan's oil... priorities people... 8);)

j/k CH I kid I kid.

In my opinion the government is like a stubborn straight edge kid. Their thought process is all illegal drugs are bad, everyone who uses them are addicts and nothing can make them think otherwise. They refuse to look at the information provided that does not make drugs look bad and want everyone else to think like them. This ruins it for the other side who are not afraid to enjoy the recreational effects of drugs. I hate those anti drug commercials, especially the one that says "getting messed up is just another way of leaving yourself behind". Where the hell are they getting this bs info from? I have had some life changing revelations and thought about things deeper than i would ever have sober when i was "messed up".