• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

FDA approves Ecstasy : New treatment of Iraq war veterans with resistant PTSD

Was

This ever illegal? Psychotherapists have used this for this purpose.....ah I just checked wiki 1985 schedule I and despite the protests of scientists and researchers in 2001 penalties were increased 3000%. I'm guessing someone lobbied congress, probably the private prison industry.

I am so happy that people that need DRugs can get them through the VA. Its sooo crazy how for years and years they say that EX leaves holes in your brain but now there giving it to vets.. I highly doubt the wholes in your brain was ever true haha GO america

I only heard that Thizz puts holes in your brain, not ecstasy. Which would make sense, considering its almost always laced with meth, coke, and H, and some other combination of god knows what

What you heard was heresay. There are no studies on "thizz" or on "ecstasy" since there is no absolute definition of what they really are. Ecstasy is the name given to MDMA pills way back in the day before they started cutting pills. These days is seems to mean any pill you buy from a dealer.

One study on MDMA that purported damage to neurons was later deemed flawed when they discovered they were actually administering methamphetamine and not MDMA. The only holes were in the lab procedures.

I only heard that Thizz puts holes in your brain, not ecstasy. Which would make sense, considering its almost always laced with meth, coke, and H, and some other combination of god knows what

There wouldn't be such a thing as war time PTSD if leaders of the world were given 120 mg MDMA two hours prior to any summit, foreign policy decision, enactment or (scheduled) war declaration.

I agree with EVERYTHING you've said, other than the first sentence.

I quite simply don't believe that the psychological addiction some people experience with MDMA can be anything like the crippling physical (and psychological) addiction so many people experience with SSRIs and benzos.

edit: In my haste, I forgot to comment on the OP. Fantastic news, I think we can all be pretty confident that with an 83% positive outcome and the extensive safety profile of MDMA, the FDA will have a hard time holding this one back.

Sure, it's not the outright legislation which would be preferable, it might be stringently regulated, and it might be as difficult to get it as it was to get on the US federal weed program back when it existed, but it's all progress.

If it is found to work for soldiers, how long before rape victims start petitioning for their right to this medicine, then how long before anyone with PTSD that seriously inhibits their every day life starts petitioning.

Who knows, perhaps this could be the start of something big.

I could say that I was hooked on the ecstasy high when I was taking E. It was also the first drug i've ever tried other than cannabis, I was completely in love with the high, sometimes doing it 4-5 times a week. But after about a year of continued ecstasy use at LEAST 1-2 times a week, theres a certain point where just the thought of taking a pill makes you cringe and gag, at least for me it did. I remember that day sunny, 9 AM and tweaking out of my fucking mind about to sniff a big fat line of E and than my brain just did a switcheroo on me and I couldn't even sniff that line so I held the plate outside and let the win blow it away, never touched a pill since than, ecstasy that is... Now oxycontin on the other hand is a different story.

I dont take benzo's or SSRI's but honestly in the prime of my E use, psychologically addictive E is right up there with opioids IN MY OPINION. Of course if I've been doing opioids for a longer period of time that might change, but you can't say ecstasy isnt as addictive psychologically as anti depressants...

But you can't say ecstasy isnt as addictive psychologically as anti depressants...
From my experience, there are very few people who are prone to consuming MDMA on a regular basis outside of a community of people close to one another once they've tried it. Of these very few people, there have been very few who had to take an actual effort to stop their habit. Actually, make that none (whom I have personally met).
I've had intense feelings of anticipation towards an empathogenic high for sure, but that's about it. I myself have managed to limit empathogen use to an occasional habit (1-3times/year) over 9yrs. This year it only happened once so far and it will very likely not even happen on nye since there is a kid around. :)

I've used the following substances on a daily basis without ever actually having been planning to do so:

-Cannabis (smoked, daily, 11yrs, few breaks of 6weeks max, subjective control over and moderation of my usage increased with time),
-Opioids (rectal & oral, rarely IV, daily, several episodes of <1month),
-Amphetamine (intranasal, daily, several episodes of 3-4months each),
-Ketamine (intranasal, later IM, a lot, extremely hard to keep track of this one, it tricks my brain when it comes to reflecting on frequency of usage, might be due to it's induction of amnesia, ~200times, mostly compressed to an episode of heavy use within a 2yr timespan),
-Phencyclidine(smoked, daily, 3.5months),
-Psychedelics (various roa's, ~250 times over the course of 4-5yrs, mostly compressed to an episode of heavy use within a 2yr timespan, add dmt to that and you're at ~350)
-GHB/BDO/GBL (oral, several episodes of ~2weeks each)

Well, you can see you could call me an addictive personality (alcohol and tobacco were not mentioned...), but never have I been addicted to empathogens, despite their availability (free of cost, often just laying around).

I believe empathogens' potential for addiction to be very very low compared to other classes of habit forming substances. If there's one drug I think a person can gain massive benefit from with little work it is MDMA and it still is one of the few drugs I would recommend to a drug naïve person who has an interest in the "subject". Ofc doing no subtances at all is the golden way, but I just have experienced the powerful impact MDMA & co can have when it comes to blasting internal barriers. Once those barriers are down, they can potentially stay that way without any active participation of the user himself. The stuff truly is a wonderdrug and it took me very long to realize that since it's cultural use is widely limited to club parties.

There wouldn't be such a thing as war time PTSD if leaders of the world were given 120 mg MDMA two hours prior to any summit, foreign policy decision, enactment or (scheduled) war declaration.
Excellent idea! :)

yeah... put it in the arabs water. for gods sake.
Wtf are you doing posting something like that on this site? This is a bunch of caring, loving people and very few will agree to what you say. It's the arabs who are being invaded by us (I myself am German) and this has been happening for an eternity. Open your mind, open your eyes, switch off the tv and feed your brain.
Since you are reducing this not to a nation, but to an ethnic group, I'll go ahead and claim that the white race slash western civilization has been war mongering like no other since the beginning of time. We need to transcend our differences and stop reducing people to their social, ethnic, national and whatever dimension of heritage.
With MDMA (to me) symbolizing the act of understanding and loving, telling someone he needs to have some is very close to the statement "You need to love me more". Love can't be forced, it's caused by that exact same love and understanding you're asking for (in the name of "god" who imho is the very same god the "arabs" are worshiping).

first of all, if you (can) read between the lines there, you will see that it was a joke, which included a small play on words. yeah, i know that "lines" are few and far between, but, there you go.

secondly, (after insertion of generic, drug addled, lefto, softo, bleeding heart commie answer) ive travelled this world more times than i can mention, both as a civ and a soldier and let me tell you this; white man is the LAST of the racists in this world, and yes, the trouble is coming from THEM, not us. us invading them ? fuck you. your a slur on every allied soldier. you fuck. you dont deserve any freedom. freedom is deserved of those prepared to defend it. no one else.

and yes, i have done service in that neck of the woods. as well as west africa, south america and the bos/serb conflict. byt the look of it, id say its you who sits by the t.v. most of the fucking day.

terrorism is cowardice and, whether its northern ireland or arabia, its SCUM.

Last edited:
first of all, if you (can) read between the lines there, you will see that it was a joke, which included a small play on words. yeah, i know that "lines" are few and far between, but, there you go.

secondly, (after insertion of generic, drug addled, lefto, softo, bleeding heart commie answer) ive travelled this world more times than i can mention, both as a civ and a soldier and let me tell you this; white man is the LAST of the racists in this world, and yes, the trouble is coming from THEM, not us. us invading them ? fuck you. your a slur on every allied soldier. you fuck. you dont deserve any freedom. freedom is deserved of those prepared to defend it. no one else.

and yes, i have done service in that neck of the woods. as well as west africa, south america and the bos/serb conflict. byt the look of it, id say its you who sits by the t.v. most of the fucking day.

terrorism is cowardice and, whether its northern ireland or arabia, its SCUM.
Sounds like a poor misguided soul whose heart has turnt more bitter with each day spent in service. I could very well see how you end up with these views after all you've seen, but there still are two sides of the coin. Actually a lot more than two, both of our views on the subject don't seem very differentiated. The truth lies somewhere in between. In some cultures violence is more accepted as means to reach your goals than in others, but I doubt it's either "them" or "us". It's just a pile of shit we've all contributed to in one way or the other.

International islamistic terrorism isn't really a major issue in numbers, 9/11 seems to be an isolated incidence and still the last word has yet to be said about what exactly happened that day. Remember the Reichstagsbrand? There have been similar scenarios in the past.
It's the reports about this almost non existant terror that cause "terror" in the hearts of the people. We have NEVER had a SINGLE international islamistic attack of terrorists in Germany. Never ever. Yet the whole country has took a change for the worse cause of the "terror". German soldiers have for that reason been sent to raid one of the least economically developed countries in the world. It's insane.

There is no terror yet the terror among the people is immense and most are willing to give up a loooot of rights to receive protection from these invisible malevolent agents who are supposedly trying to convert us towards their religion on a large scale. But the closer you look at America's "official" agenda over there, the more you will see that we are very close to these same goals, force our values on them (officially...).

German, American, Afghan soldiers have died and it's a fucking shame. We are systematically being brainwashed into believing there is a threat coming from that place. Btw opium production (we are talking a trillion dollar market here) have sky rocketed since the country has been invaded, though one claim had been to destroy those fields. Oh and all that ore... Talk to an Afghan and ask him about the war and what it's about.

Oh and btw I haven't switched the tv on for about 9yrs now. :p

Peace and much <3

tthose who may or may not watch the t.v. have only graduated to getting thier info form the net...

the U.S., U.K. and australia has become a dumpimg ground for anyone who wants to use it.

these people have no respect, no intention of learning our culture and as a result, both the U.K. and aust have lost thier identitiy.

you dont find any of us going over to thier neck of the woods and doing the same. therein lies the differance.

last month i discovered charities are bringing over the very same vermin i used to fight against in sierra leone. can you imagine how that makes me feel ? people who are involved in the most abbhorent torture of women and children. i wont even go into the stuff i saw, i would make you violently ill.

now i suppose your gonna tell me 9/11 was an inside job, yeah ?

Last edited:
[QUOTE. We have NEVER had a SINGLE international islamistic attack of terrorists in Germany. Never ever. Yet the whole country has took a change for the worse cause of the "terror". German soldiers have for that reason been sent to raid one of the least economically developed countries in the world. It's insane.

[/QUOTE]

"selective memory syndrome", perhaps ? you seem to be forgetting "black september". may not have been "islamic", but still religion based and from the middle east.

you dont find any of us going over to thier neck of the woods and doing the same. therein lies the differance.
We don't? Oh right, it's legit cause we are fighting for their freedom. Bombs -> Freedom!

worked in japan, didnt it ? whati was refering too was immigration. how many of us white folk go to thier country and tell them how to live ?

We don't? Oh right, it's legit cause we are fighting for their freedom. Bombs -> Freedom!

if i had my way, the palce would suffer the same fate as japan. unfortunately, it will fuck up the oil supply, so i guess they are lucky in that regard.

yeah... put it in the arabs water. for gods sake.
Initial point of discussion I think. Don't you think you could practice a little more love and understanding yourself? See, there are a lot of good, warmhearted, caring people living in the mentioned countries.

i think people are taking the piss out of my country... our pm has just spent 500 mill on indonesian education, while our mental health system is in crisis. (has been for 20 years)

meanwhile, they have an army of 300,000 and the most powerful naval flett in southern hemisphere history, after buying 8 of the latest russian subs.

are we scared of them ? youd think so by that kind of appeasment.

Hear, hear. And if they are going to give it to them, do it BEFORE they go into battle. Then the only PTSD they'll possibly suffer is from the memory of making out with a fellow soldier. Just kidding, of course.

they would have to be homo in the first place, of course. "E" does NOT make you gay...

and seeing as though gays were not in my particualr military organisation (and they souldnt be anywhere anytime) that definitly wouldnt be occuring.

no kidding, by the way.

they would have to be homo in the first place, of course. "E" does NOT make you gay...

and seeing as though gays were not in my particualr military organisation (and they souldnt be anywhere anytime) that definitly wouldnt be occuring.

no kidding, by the way.

Wow. I think you're the most closed minded, homophobic, racist bluelighter I've ever had the displeasure of coming across.

Do you really believe the shit you're spouting in here, or are you just UBER troll?

no kidding, by the way.
Ever thought about homosexual being not solely predetermined, but a mix between biological, cultural and social factors? Ofc there are people who have made their first homosexual experiences on empathogens like MDMA after having believed they were turnt on solely by women. That being said, there are homosexuals in the US Army.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19657931
This would be a metastudy from 2009 for example.

Now I'd like to agree for what HerrSchnaufer said. If it wasn't up to us to prevent your ass from overdosing on gunpowder sprinkled into your crackpipe someday, I'd vote for a ban. ;P