• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

how long after suboxone can I use heroin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roastmaster

Greenlighter
Hey I saw some threads about this but I felt like none of them had a correct answer for me for one circumstance....

I've only taken two doses of suboxone (I bought a few of them off a friend) and am having a tough time keeping away from the H. I'm not here for criticism because I know it's bad that I'm feeding the habit but I really want to get high.

I noticed that most of you say wait 24-36 hrs before trying to get high, and some people saying 12, etc.

Well, I have only taken two day's worth of doses (one orange pill per day, i believe the 8mg) and had only been on H for about 3-4 months (since this date). My question is, I took the suboxone around 8 this morning, if I tried to get high off H in 12 hours is it possible I might get high considering I had only taken 2 days worth of suboxone in my whole life and I wasn't that big of an addict beforehand? (I smoked about .2-.4 g of H per day for 3-4 months).

thanks much

gahh i feel like I may have shot myself in the foot with this one but I just picked up a fat .55 half, gonna roast some of it right now, maybe 3-4 dots of it and i'll let you guys know how I feel.

There's a chance it may work for me, i've heard of ppl getting high 12 hrs, even 8hrs after suboxone and considering i'm prretty much a first time user, combined with my metabolism (pretty athletic build and a fast metab) I may end up lucky. i'll let yall know in about 20 mins !

well the first note im gonna make is how disgusting the taste is than normal and i'm gagging while hitting it. i havent gagged off a tin rip in a while now, maybe since I went 3 days clean (been smoking every day for 4 months) that my stomach re-adjusted to its scent?

Hopefully, your tolerance has dropped as well. So be careful with not using your typical dose. Tolerance drops very quickly. I'm not sure if Sub would interfere with tolerance drop. Let us know how you feel in a minute

When I was taking suboxone, it could sometimes be 2 days before I needed another dose. But since you aren't taking it daily, this might work. I am
curious though, give an update.

i'm only one dot in and i'm feeling a little different guys! definitely more than I was expecting, and it may be that my tolerance has dropped. i'll update after 2-3 more dots and let you guys know how i'm feeling after what a normal dub i'd smoke is doing to me

Honestly, you would be fine taking the suboxone anywhere from 12-24 hours after your last hit (as heroin has a much faster absorption rate than other synthetic opiates like oxycodone and methadone). If you encounter precipitated withdrawal, the Suboxone website reccomends taking 2mg (a quarter of a pill) every hour until symptoms subside. I used to bounce back and forth between suboxone and heroin fairly frequently, and having experienced the precipiated WDs, I got the switches down to a science. I would say 18 hours to be safe. Stay safe.

Honestly, you would be fine taking the suboxone anywhere from 12-24 hours after your last hit (as heroin has a much faster absorption rate than other synthetic opiates like oxycodone and methadone). If you encounter precipitated withdrawal, the Suboxone website reccomends taking 2mg (a quarter of a pill) every hour until symptoms subside. I used to bounce back and forth between suboxone and heroin fairly frequently, and having experienced the precipiated WDs, I got the switches down to a science. I would say 18 hours to be safe. Stay safe.

good lookin' my dude. I'll let y'all know more info in about 15 mins for who may be concerned.

yup guys I am indeed getting high. smoked about 4 dots....maybe .2 at the most of some w/e quality H and I am feelin it greatly !!! so without a doubt body chemistry and other variables weigh in heavily. I'm gonna edit the thread title to inform others

I can confirm this as to be correct I took my sub 11 hours ago and just got so lit...shoot away kids!:)

However much you dosed your Suboxone isn't going to matter how long you have to wait to get high so it doesn't matter if you only took it twice. From my experience you need to wait a solid 72 hours to get the full effects. I wasted mine by taking it just 24 hours after my last Suboxone dose so I would say wait at least 48 hours if you want to feel most of the heroin. However, since you only dosed twice you probably haven't increased your tolerance at all so you'll have a better chance at getting more out of your dose.

cordlicker, I know your intentions were good, but just to clear up any confusion, he was talking about the opposite circumstance, taking a full agonist AFTER using suboxone. using sub too soon after a full agonist is when precip. w/d is a factor.

if i can, willpower is a bitch, i wait unless i start to feel withdrawals again. for me thats about 18-24hours. but i usually only do 1-2mg/day (IV'd).

you want the most for yer money, right? wait for w/d's

I shoot 1mg or less of suboxone and can get very high after 12-16 hours after dosing
Which makes me wonder how much money I could save and how much longer I would be high if I wait:p

So, I know this is an older thread, but I thought I'd put my two cents in. After searching the Internet up and down for an answer to this question and getting many, many different answers/opinions, I decided just to give it a shot. This is my story: I have been using h now for the past 6 months after moving to Detroit and not being able to find my d.o.c. (Diludid, morphine, pretty much any pill you could pull up in a syringe). Anyways, after 6 months of steady h usage, three days ago I decided I needed a break and WAS NOT looking forward to the w/d's. Luckily enough, I was able to score a couple 8mg suboxone. After reading up in different forums how to minimize my w/d's by doing a fast suboxone taper, I waited 24 hours from my last h dose and iv'd 2mg's when I first woke up three mornings ago and iv'd 2mg's that night a couple of hours before I went to bed. Day 2, which was yesterday, I woke up feeling fine, waited a couple of hours and iv'd another 2mg's. That was all I needed for day 2. Day 3, which was today, again I woke feeling fine. No w/d symptoms once so ever. Again, I iv'd another 2mg's a couple of hours after I woke up. This was at 10:00am. That was all the suboxone I took for day 3. Well, about 2 hours ago, 12:00 midnight, I said fuck it and got me a bag of h. I used and felt it as if I had never stopped 3 days prior. I am guessing that it all has to do with how many mg's you take, how long you've been taking it, and the drug your wanting to get high on with the suboxone in your system. If its a minimal dose of suboxone and you haven't been using it long and the drug your wanting to take is strong enough, I'd say about a good 12 hours is all that's needed. That was my experience anyway. I hope this helps.

The difference between 1mg of sub and 8 mg is pretty minor. If you wanna go between sub and dope, just lower your sub dosages. Sub works in strange ways, and the efficacy gets lower and lower with each dosage increase. I've never noticed any difference between 8mg and 32mg in terms of effects. If you keep your dosage below 4 mgs, then you can always get high while on it by breaking through the bupe. When you're taking any dosage over 4mg, you have to wait anywhere from 8-48 hours depending on your metabolism.

Status
Not open for further replies.