Bluelight

Thread: how long after suboxone can I use heroin?

1. Collapse Details
    how long after suboxone can I use heroin? 
    Hey I saw some threads about this but I felt like none of them had a correct answer for me for one circumstance....

I've only taken two doses of suboxone (I bought a few of them off a friend) and am having a tough time keeping away from the H. I'm not here for criticism because I know it's bad that I'm feeding the habit but I really want to get high.

I noticed that most of you say wait 24-36 hrs before trying to get high, and some people saying 12, etc.

Well, I have only taken two day's worth of doses (one orange pill per day, i believe the 8mg) and had only been on H for about 3-4 months (since this date). My question is, I took the suboxone around 8 this morning, if I tried to get high off H in 12 hours is it possible I might get high considering I had only taken 2 days worth of suboxone in my whole life and I wasn't that big of an addict beforehand? (I smoked about .2-.4 g of H per day for 3-4 months).

thanks much

2. Collapse Details

The half-life can very. 20-70, mean 37 hours.

I'd give a few days.

3. Collapse Details

id say 48 hours at least

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by dylan007 View Post
    id say 48 hours at least
    Yes. To be safe.

5. Collapse Details

gahh i feel like I may have shot myself in the foot with this one but I just picked up a fat .55 half, gonna roast some of it right now, maybe 3-4 dots of it and i'll let you guys know how I feel.

There's a chance it may work for me, i've heard of ppl getting high 12 hrs, even 8hrs after suboxone and considering i'm prretty much a first time user, combined with my metabolism (pretty athletic build and a fast metab) I may end up lucky. i'll let yall know in about 20 mins !

6. Collapse Details

well the first note im gonna make is how disgusting the taste is than normal and i'm gagging while hitting it. i havent gagged off a tin rip in a while now, maybe since I went 3 days clean (been smoking every day for 4 months) that my stomach re-adjusted to its scent?

7. Collapse Details

Hopefully, your tolerance has dropped as well. So be careful with not using your typical dose. Tolerance drops very quickly. I'm not sure if Sub would interfere with tolerance drop. Let us know how you feel in a minute

8. Collapse Details

The Dark Side
    Basic Drug Discussion
    When I was taking suboxone, it could sometimes be 2 days before I needed another dose. But since you aren't taking it daily, this might work. I am
    curious though, give an update.

9. Collapse Details

i'm only one dot in and i'm feeling a little different guys! definitely more than I was expecting, and it may be that my tolerance has dropped. i'll update after 2-3 more dots and let you guys know how i'm feeling after what a normal dub i'd smoke is doing to me

10. Collapse Details

Honestly, you would be fine taking the suboxone anywhere from 12-24 hours after your last hit (as heroin has a much faster absorption rate than other synthetic opiates like oxycodone and methadone). If you encounter precipitated withdrawal, the Suboxone website reccomends taking 2mg (a quarter of a pill) every hour until symptoms subside. I used to bounce back and forth between suboxone and heroin fairly frequently, and having experienced the precipiated WDs, I got the switches down to a science. I would say 18 hours to be safe. Stay safe.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cordLICKER View Post
    Honestly, you would be fine taking the suboxone anywhere from 12-24 hours after your last hit (as heroin has a much faster absorption rate than other synthetic opiates like oxycodone and methadone). If you encounter precipitated withdrawal, the Suboxone website reccomends taking 2mg (a quarter of a pill) every hour until symptoms subside. I used to bounce back and forth between suboxone and heroin fairly frequently, and having experienced the precipiated WDs, I got the switches down to a science. I would say 18 hours to be safe. Stay safe.
    good lookin' my dude. I'll let y'all know more info in about 15 mins for who may be concerned.

12. Collapse Details

yup guys I am indeed getting high. smoked about 4 dots....maybe .2 at the most of some w/e quality H and I am feelin it greatly !!! so without a doubt body chemistry and other variables weigh in heavily. I'm gonna edit the thread title to inform others

13. Collapse Details

shit just realized I can't edit thread titles =PP

14. Collapse Details

I can confirm this as to be correct I took my sub 11 hours ago and just got so lit...shoot away kids!

15. Collapse Details

Somewhere between Eden and North Utopia. Somewhere beneath the astral plain
    However much you dosed your Suboxone isn't going to matter how long you have to wait to get high so it doesn't matter if you only took it twice. From my experience you need to wait a solid 72 hours to get the full effects. I wasted mine by taking it just 24 hours after my last Suboxone dose so I would say wait at least 48 hours if you want to feel most of the heroin. However, since you only dosed twice you probably haven't increased your tolerance at all so you'll have a better chance at getting more out of your dose.

16. Collapse Details

cordlicker, I know your intentions were good, but just to clear up any confusion, he was talking about the opposite circumstance, taking a full agonist AFTER using suboxone. using sub too soon after a full agonist is when precip. w/d is a factor.

17. Collapse Details

if i can, willpower is a bitch, i wait unless i start to feel withdrawals again. for me thats about 18-24hours. but i usually only do 1-2mg/day (IV'd).

you want the most for yer money, right? wait for w/d's

18. Collapse Details

I shoot 1mg or less of suboxone and can get very high after 12-16 hours after dosing
    Which makes me wonder how much money I could save and how much longer I would be high if I wait

19. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    So, I know this is an older thread, but I thought I'd put my two cents in. After searching the Internet up and down for an answer to this question and getting many, many different answers/opinions, I decided just to give it a shot. This is my story: I have been using h now for the past 6 months after moving to Detroit and not being able to find my d.o.c. (Diludid, morphine, pretty much any pill you could pull up in a syringe). Anyways, after 6 months of steady h usage, three days ago I decided I needed a break and WAS NOT looking forward to the w/d's. Luckily enough, I was able to score a couple 8mg suboxone. After reading up in different forums how to minimize my w/d's by doing a fast suboxone taper, I waited 24 hours from my last h dose and iv'd 2mg's when I first woke up three mornings ago and iv'd 2mg's that night a couple of hours before I went to bed. Day 2, which was yesterday, I woke up feeling fine, waited a couple of hours and iv'd another 2mg's. That was all I needed for day 2. Day 3, which was today, again I woke feeling fine. No w/d symptoms once so ever. Again, I iv'd another 2mg's a couple of hours after I woke up. This was at 10:00am. That was all the suboxone I took for day 3. Well, about 2 hours ago, 12:00 midnight, I said fuck it and got me a bag of h. I used and felt it as if I had never stopped 3 days prior. I am guessing that it all has to do with how many mg's you take, how long you've been taking it, and the drug your wanting to get high on with the suboxone in your system. If its a minimal dose of suboxone and you haven't been using it long and the drug your wanting to take is strong enough, I'd say about a good 12 hours is all that's needed. That was my experience anyway. I hope this helps.

20. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    The difference between 1mg of sub and 8 mg is pretty minor. If you wanna go between sub and dope, just lower your sub dosages. Sub works in strange ways, and the efficacy gets lower and lower with each dosage increase. I've never noticed any difference between 8mg and 32mg in terms of effects. If you keep your dosage below 4 mgs, then you can always get high while on it by breaking through the bupe. When you're taking any dosage over 4mg, you have to wait anywhere from 8-48 hours depending on your metabolism.

21. Collapse Details

Shit, I would do it the day of sometimes. Still would get that rush. But I never do more than 2mg at once. Little is always more with subs. Maybe someone with a dope habit of ten years needs 2 8mg strips a day, but damn that is a lot.

22. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 80sindawind View Post
    Shit, I would do it the day of sometimes. Still would get that rush. But I never do more than 2mg at once. Little is always more with subs. Maybe someone with a dope habit of ten years needs 2 8mg strips a day, but damn that is a lot.
    I've been doing opiates daily for 9 years, with the occasionally took a break here and there of course, and than the longest i've been clean from opiates is about 4-5 months in the period of this 9 years, and now I have been on Suboxone for just under 2 weeks now and I'm on 16mg a day, and have been on this dose since last tuesday, and I still feel dope sick sometimes. I previously had a very high hydromorphone/oxycodone habit. But, I'm also tapering on Benzodiazepines again, and down to 15mg of Diazepam a day now, 5mg TID now. So, could be me feeling benzo w/d on top of a bit of opiate w/d.

When I first tried Suboxone and was on it for 6 months back in 2009, I was on 16mg per day, but it sure took awhile for me to even out on it.

23. Collapse Details

This is the thread I have been looking for the past few days in the search engine. Glad I didn't post a new entry just to be yelled at and shut down. I have been on pill form opiates for 11 years. Finally got on Suboxone last Monday. I'm trying to keep my dose under 8 mg a day. Today is Saturday and since Thursday I've been tapering down my Suboxone. Today, Saturday I will use no more than 2 mgs if needed. If not I won't use. My plan is to use once a month on Wednesday after my psych appt. until I'm ready to really quit. I've been told I have to quit. I guess I agree. But I'll miss it too much. If I give myself one day we all win. Hopefully it will stay one day. Subs will keep me sober 30 out of 31 days.

24. Collapse Details

Ok so this is my story..... Ive been using heroin for about 2 years now and recently i went to my doctor and got suboxone strips. I used alltogether 16 mg or 2 suboxone strips at 12:30 Pm. As the day went on i ended up getting 3 bags of heroin for free, so as you can imagine i was freaking out to use them.... I like all you guys went on the internet and started scouring for how long i have to wait to do the heroin and pretty much saw that dependin on who you ask its from 12-36 hours. Well im really not a patient person, obviously im an addict lol, so i decided to use 2/3 bags of heroin iv only 10 hours after the 16 mg of suboxone. So i just used the heroin and the result is, i definitely felt the heroin, my withdrawals are completely gone (even the mild symptoms), and i would say the heroin worked for the most part. 2 bags didnt really get me high to begin with, they would usually give me a small rush and just make me feel good generally and i would say 10 hours after using the suboxone, 16 mg of it, the heroin did exactly what its suppost to and what i expected it to do. So just to clarify, if you havent been using suboxone for a while and you have a fast metabolism like me, i would say 12 hours is fine to use after taking suboxone. So again 12 hours if your not using suboxone for a long time is fine to use other opiates.

25. Collapse Details

Closed as this is a bump of an old thread, if you have need to further discuss the issue please feel free to start a new thread. PM any questions.
    Last edited by bronson; 28-08-2013 at 05:40.