• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin missed shot swolen hand

heyian2222

Bluelighter
Ok so last night i was doing a shot and i thought that i hit my normal vein on my arm. well i guess i went too deep and hit an artery or something because when i did the shot i felt my hand burning intensely and after it swelled up big time. Now i did a search on blue light and the internet and found several stories of people that described exactly what happened to me but these people said it went away after an hour or 2. now my hand is still swollen its been over 12 hours! should i be worried? has anyone had this happen to them before?

may be some nasty cut... is it itching or warm? could be allergic - take benadryl and put a warm press on it. that's prolly all you can do.

Did you register? Was the blood pouring in more easily than normal, and lighter in color? -->artery
You might have hit a nerve or something. Were you injecting pills? Sounds like it could be a simple miss. Take a hot shower or run hot water over it, a hot compress would be good too, in order to increase blood flow to region. Make sure u keep neosporin over it to help avoid complications.
Good luck!

Go to the hospital. If this has persisted for 12 hours, you need to go to the ER. You dont want to lose your hand mate.

Go to the hospital. If this has persisted for 12 hours, you need to go to the ER. You dont want to lose your hand mate.

cmon man your scaring me. i have no insurance and will get kicked out of the folks house if they find out. Fuck man, its gone down a little bit in swelling but its just taking awhile. im so scared right now, i get myself into so many fucked up situations. has anybody had this happen to them before. the experiences i read described exactly what happened to me and they said it was alright but i dunno. and i really cant remember what the blood looked like wen i drew it up i was already really messed up at the time. i know im just rationalizing everything but damn man i cant get kicked out

hey the same exact thing happened to me. u hit a nerve.... the swelling will go down nd ull be fine it just took a few days. i actually shot a little into the nerve too and i was trying to put the fire on my hand out lol but yea u should be ok :)

You want to seek medical attention. Hitting a nerve does not cause your extremity to swell up; it is just painful and annoying.

Waiting and seeing if it's going to get better on its own is a horrible mistake to make unless you wouldn't mind losing your hand. There is no guarantee it will correct itself.

Ok so last night i was doing a shot and i thought that i hit my normal vein on my arm. well i guess i went too deep and hit an artery or something because when i did the shot i felt my hand burning intensely and after it swelled up big time. Now i did a search on blue light and the internet and found several stories of people that described exactly what happened to me but these people said it went away after an hour or 2. now my hand is still swollen its been over 12 hours! should i be worried? has anyone had this happen to them before?

and that is why I dont IV, no offense to IV users out there just hearing this kind of stufff makes me to scared and nervous.

heyian if its looking better then maybe you dont need to go to the hospital. how does it look now and does it feel better? youll have to ask yourself is it worth it to lose my hand over no insurance and being homeless, or what if its nothing and then you go to the hospital and youll have a gigantic bill and no home.
man thats a tough call . if you dont go to the hospital just keep updating here we will do our best to help you

I have injected several thousand times by now, but I have never had a swollen extremity for hours (I have never had a swollen extremity from IVing actually) - hence why going to the ER might be a good idea.

If there is severe pain, and inflammation, go to the ER. If it's on the mend, and isn't really painful, and is getting less inflamed, then maybe you are going to get lucky by not going to the ER and still being all right but it's in your best interest just to have yourself checked out.

ok people, well i just went to an urgent care clinic and the doc says everything should be fine within a few days. he sais that since it is getting better there is no need to do anything further if it gets worse than come back. but wheeww that was scary. it does seem to have gone down quite a bit too. thanks for all the advice

i missed a morhine abg 100. i registered and just pushed fast it shot through my vein into my arm. It felt like i put my arm in a tub of icewater then immediately it felt like i stuck it in a bonfire. It swelled up 4 times normal and i watched black splotches appear all over my arm. It stayed swollen for 4-5 days and finally went down and turned its normal color. About two weeks later i had a giant abcess. My girlfriend drained about 5 to 8 ouces of puss out of my arm. now all is well but i got a shit scar from it