European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

MDPV Megathread 5: Waiting for Jesus to show up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, when it gets to the point that I cook freebase or do lines just for the sake of being awake, thats when my brain stats going "Dude, your not getting high off this anymore. Quit wasting drugs and money, go to bed."

I offer you the same advice Dedbeet. Yeah, you stay awake. But is that a good high, a good experience? Sleep, start back in the morning.

Still got 3 grams mephedrone left. I'm just waiting to come down off that last bit a while ago so I can go to sleep and continue my party tomorrow.

what does it mean when you get some weird jolt of anxiety when you hear a sharp sound? im assuming either hypertension or low blood sugar

Think it's just being up too long. Makes you jumpy. I used to get it all the time. In fact I used to jump at most sounds when the house was quiet. Like the refrigerator motor going on. ha ha. Seriously.

What does it mean when you've been hearing someone running a chainsaw outside for the past 48 straight hours straight?
is it anything like having a weird jolt of anxiety when you hear a sharp sound?

Man, when it gets to the point that I cook freebase or do lines just for the sake of being awake, thats when my brain stats going "Dude, your not getting high off this anymore. Quit wasting drugs and money, go to bed."
Fwiw, I'm about at the "is this doing anything worthwhile? That's a damn good question" stage, but haven't gone beyond it yet. Is it fun walking by an empty bathroom and hearing the "dinnnng" of a bell inside, shit like that? Well, it's kinda interesting, dontcha know ;). Vaping very quickly brings on auditory weirdness (sometimes *extreme* auditory weirdness) and it's almost routine now.

I figure everyone reacts to it differently, so this post of course is meant to reflect only my own experience. The shit is just too goddamn powerful and simultaneously moreish when smoked, meaning you're in a state of continual dopamine overload/borderline psychosis from start to finish.

Thats pretty much how I'd chalk it up too, only IVing all the doses vs. vaping. For some reason (unbeknownst to me), I keep coming back. That, to me, is the weird part. After sobering up for a week, I just think about getting another gram and heading back to the dopamine circus. Like somehow now I feel more uncomfortable when the giant elephant isn't standing in the room, leaning over my shoulder?

Ah the mysteries. Hurry up postman :p

To be honest on reflection there is no real joy in pv, and the old megathreads where people often describe it as not being a recreational drug are right really. You can bully it into being one, but it bites back. Turns you into a complete parahead and it's only ever good at the time. I can't really say any of my insane pv binges were actually worth it.

A couple of lines are good when doing something. The euphoria junkies should skip. Comparing it to crack or meth is a bit misleading.

To be honest on reflection there is no real joy in pv, and the old megathreads where people often describe it as not being a recreational drug are right really. You can bully it into being one, but it bites back. Turns you into a complete parahead and it's only ever good at the time. I can't really say any of my insane pv binges were actually worth it.

A couple of lines are good when doing something. The euphoria junkies should skip. Comparing it to crack or meth is a bit misleading.

Extreme compulsion related to playing with your dopamine buttons has a way of forcing itself to feel 'good' to you, at the time. I agree that in reflection I'm always dumbfounded by my brains ability of tricking myself into thinking it was a great experience, but as long as it remains cheaper slam myself up with multiple doses of PV than smoke a cigarette I think the habit will remain. I would've been dead / vegetablized by now if mephedrone was as cheap & available as PV.

I can't talk specific prices, but just buying 1 gram at a time, a gram costs me a few dollars more than a pack of cigarettes. For a speed freak like myself that ones very hard to talk myself out of.

All this PV talk, man, I miss Soap MacTavish. That guy was like my PV-addled legendary icon and a snapshot of what my days (and nights) with PV would soon turn into. His stories were like my bible when I first got on this shit.

=D

Hope he's doing ok. By the late sound of it, its likely he either cleaned up or went out big-time. I surely hope its the former.

I offer you the same advice Dedbeet. Yeah, you stay awake. But is that a good high, a good experience? Sleep, start back in the morning.
It's funny how utterly different things look while on stims -- which I'm sure you're aware of while on them, but the strange thing is how completely that perspective slips away when they wear off.

Sure, from the baseline perspective, nothing could be simpler or more obvious. Is it a good high at this point? Christ, just get a little sleep and start over again in the morning... why would you keep doing it? D'oh.

Doesn't look like that from the perspective of being high on stims. At all. That perspective is in fact not available, primarily because nothing could look less attractive than sleep while one is high on stims... or more promising than the vain hope of recapturing the original euphoria.

Not to say the above guarantees that one won't stop and get some sleep -- but it does mean it isn't anywhere near as straightforward as it appears.

Peace...

Last edited:
It's funny how utterly different things look while on stims -- which I'm sure you're aware of while on them, but the strange thing is how completely that perspective slips away when they wear off.

Sure, from the baseline perspective, nothing could be simpler or more obvious. Is it a good high at this point? Christ, just get a little sleep and start over again in the morning... why would you keep doing it? D'oh.

Doesn't look like that from the perspective of being high on stims. At all. That perspective is in fact not available, primarily because nothing could look less attractive than sleep while one is high on stims... or more promising than the vain hope of recapturing the original euphoria.

Peace...

Yeah, and especially MDPV, which seems to carry that clinically obessive-compulsive property of instilling the feeling that "I have to do this – or something bad will happen" that you mentioned earlier.

The 'something bad' part is irrelevant, seems to be slightly different for everyone, but in the end its just the justification to back up the urge to 'just do it, I have to'. And you're right, its so unbelievably strong when your high on MDPV, there is no reasoning with the beast ;)

Still awake here & well burned out, but the peevee has worn off and it feels pretty damn good... will probably sleep by bedtime tonight (it's 6:15 PM currently). Probably could sleep now if I laid down & shut my eyes, just have this strange "don't want to right now" thing going, so will probably go make a small cuppee of kratom and enjoy being sleep deprived and exhausted for a couple more hours ;).

Still awake here & well burned out, but the peevee has worn off and it feels pretty damn good... will probably sleep by bedtime tonight (it's 6:15 PM currently). Probably could sleep now if I laid down & shut my eyes, just have this strange "don't want to right now" thing going, so will probably go make a small cuppee of kratom and enjoy being sleep deprived and exhausted for a couple more hours ;).

Aye I'm exactly at the same point but I finished slightly after you (7:00pm). Just out of curiosity how much did you consume over what time scale and what roa? I've no idea how much I consumed but I've had to stop today since I've got the job centre tomorrow.

I did enough to have me chatting bare shite till 4am+ in the morning. I've consumed an ungodly amount of valium so I hope my alarm wakes me up.

The tokes earlier were so big that I was nearly sick on quite a few of them - that must've been a shit load of dopamine ontop of the shit load already floating around. It made me light headed which I think's odd. Any explanations?

Tomorrow - I need to eat. A can of Nourishment just isn't enough and drink more; My piss was dark, and stank (Charming. Yes?)

I just remember what I was doing installing an alarm to have some chance of getting up on time. I'm worried about getting up on time but at the same time I'm in no rush. I can see this being an all nighter.

TL;DR: I suck at drugs.

Aye I'm exactly at the same point but I finished slightly after you (7:00pm). Just out of curiosity how much did you consume over what time scale and what roa?
A substantial amount of smoking, and the rest intranasally via a strong PV/water solution. Did surprisingly little though, or so it seems, maybe 150mg over approx. 72 hours. Had 1.1g Monday afternoon, and am amazed how much is left in the bag (just eyeballing, tho... don't have a scale). Smoking it in any amount tends to burn me out right quick, and my dosages drop quite a bit.
I've no idea how much I consumed but I've had to stop today since I've got the job centre tomorrow.

I did enough to have me chatting bare shite till 4am+ in the morning. I've consumed an ungodly amount of valium so I hope my alarm wakes me up.

The tokes earlier were so big that I was nearly sick on quite a few of them - that must've been a shit load of dopamine ontop of the shit load already floating around. It made me light headed which I think's odd. Any explanations?
Thought at first you were referring to weed above... my reading comprehension skills are for utter shit right now. In reference to the earlier thought, I haven't found any substance that mixes well with PV -- except maybe for coke, which it potentiates and greatly improves even crap quality stuff. I tend just not to care for how I feel after mixing anything with PV (except maybe for benzos).

P.S. not sure if it's PV or just sleep dep., but I keep hearing a distant big-ben clock (outside?) going "bonnnng, bonnng, bonnng, bonnng". It's been going on and on and on and on for at least the past 8 hours, and it obviously isn't actually there. Driving me bonkers. Vaping quickly brings on bigtime auditory weirdness for me, and I'm honestly not sure I ever want to do it via that ROA again. Seems to just cook off my dopamine receptors & leave 'em for dead.

P.S. not so hot at drugs here either lately... probably just old age catching up. Can't party anymore the way I could even 5 or 6 years ago... sleep dep. does me in a lot sooner than it used to. Or maybe it's the drug. Can't seem to tell the difference anymore at some point.

Just made a pan of Top Ramen soup, and had a good deal of cognitive difficulty with it. Must sleep soon.

Last edited:
A substantial amount of smoking, and the rest intranasally via a strong PV/water solution. Did surprisingly little though, or so it seems, maybe 150mg over approx. 72 hours. Had 1.1g Monday afternoon, and am amazed how much is left in the bag (just eyeballing, tho... don't have a scale). Smoking it in any amount tends to burn me out right quick, and my dosages drop quite a bit.

Thought at first you were referring to weed above... my reading comprehension skills are for utter shit right now. In reference to the earlier thought, I haven't found any substance that mixes well with PV -- except maybe for coke, which it potentiates and greatly improves even crap quality stuff. I tend just not to care for how I feel after mixing anything with PV (except maybe for benzos).

P.S. not sure if it's PV or just sleep dep., but I keep hearing a distant big-ben clock (outside?) going "bonnnng, bonnng, bonnng, bonnng". It's been going on and on and on and on for at least the past 8 hours, and it obviously isn't actually there. Driving me bonkers. Vaping quickly brings on bigtime auditory weirdness for me, and I'm honestly not sure I ever want to do it via that ROA again. Seems to just cook off my dopamine receptors & leave 'em for dead.

P.S. not so hot at drugs here either lately... probably just old age catching up. Can't party anymore the way I could even 5 or 6 years ago... sleep dep. does me in a lot sooner than it used to. Or maybe it's the drug. Can't seem to tell the difference anymore at some point.
Sorry completely off-topic but I'm not that happy atm.

I think i've just realised why I've avoided the fiend. I think I may have completely 'overloaded' my receptors as it's been nearly 10 hours since my last dose and I think I am having a panic attack. I just ate more of my limited supply of valium to calm things down. crazy making... must've smoked best part of 200mg+ over the course of 6 hours possibly more. eugh. As I said I've got the job centre tomorrow.

Sorry completely off-topic but I'm not that happy atm.

I think i've just realised why I've avoided the fiend. I think I may have completely 'overloaded' my receptors as it's been nearly 10 hours since my last dose and I think I am having a panic attack. I just ate more of my limited supply of valium to calm things down. crazy making... must've smoked best part of 200mg+ over the course of 6 hours possibly more. eugh. As I said I've got the job centre tomorrow.
It's certainly true for me, if the receptors are pushed past a certain point. It could even be what they call dopamine psychosis, although I don't get what I'd call a clinically diagnosable psychosis (no paranoia or blatant hallucinations taken as reality)... just a good deal of weirdness persisting past the point where it's supposed to.

Hope all is OK, don't know what to recommend after that much valium. Is it possible the symptoms are related to a latent/undiscovered issue with benzo addiction and withdrawal?

P.S. smoking PV does bad things to your brain chemistry... no joke. Really hope I stick to the decision to not do it any more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.