• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin First time using (snorting) how big a line?

sturdychinfilms

Bluelighter
This is SWIMs first time using heroin and has chosen this snorting route. Please do not bring up the dangers SWIM obviously knows what they are, he just wants to reduce them as much as possible. How big a line should swim start out with? SWIM snorts 30mg of oxycodone about once a week, and that is about where is tolerance is at right now. Like I said, SWIM isn't looking for a warning about addiction he just wants to make sure he does it as safely as possible without ODing.

Start with 1/4 a bag since your oxy tolerance is so low and you don't know the strength of the heroin. Work your way up from there.

use the search feature (UTSF), as there are already threads concerning first time dosages of many drugs, and also do not use SWIM.

welcome to bluelight!

SWIM is not allowed on the forum. It doesn't protect you from anything.

We can't know the potency of the heroin you have. What type of heroin is it? Tar or powder? I'm guessing powder. It doesn't seem like you have much of a tolerance, so I would suggest starting with a thin line about half the length and the same width as a toothpick. Wait 15-30 minutes and re-dose until you're at your desired high.

Start with a bump, not a line. A stupidly small bump. Heroin potency varies from 0% to like 80%. If you have good stuff, with basically no tolerance as you do, you'd feel a pinprick.

Wait 20 minutes before doing more, if you dont feel anything.

First time using Kit you should smoke it on foil. If you've no tolerance you will feel it. Smoking Kit carries no real risk of OD because you'll puke way before you'd slip in to an OD coma...

Start with 1/4 a bag since your oxy tolerance is so low and you don't know the strength of the heroin. Work your way up from there.

Definitely good advice, start small. The first time I did heroin I snorted the entire bag and with little opioid tolerance I got really sick, very high, but still sick which sucks if you're just trying to nod out.

Once a week you say... So no tolerance? Dude these kind of questions are scary to hear, you need to have someone with some experience with you before you delve into this. My advice... Get someone who knows what the hell they are dealing with and have them help you out. There is no way of telling the purity of the dope you're doing it varies by the 100's of percents if that makes sense.

If we were speaking in absolutes here on dosage, I'd say do 30mg of heroin, but who knows what the fuck that may be in the gram or bundle you've purchased. Get someone with experience to sit with you bro. I'm not saying that a little too much dope will kill you, because in reality the chances of dying from dope alone are pretty low, especially if you're trying to be responsible like I think you are. But, doing too much can definitely fuck you over in numerous ways, so be careful

Do maybe half a bag, but as has been said, you don't really know how proper your gear is, so that may be too little, or may be too much (but isn't likely to kill, realistically speaking, unless you have other drugs on board.) Golden rule, of course, is that you can always do more, but you can't do less.

I think even less than a 1/4 bag to be safe. When I first started snorting from no tolerance, I could almost get a decent nod from a line like what Alcohol 120 described.

I'd suggest doing a small bump too, if it were a line it would be about this big:
-------
Seriously small. Seeing as you use very little I would be very careful.
I also would suggest though that you try chasing it on foil instead. This way you can take small hits and stop when you've had enough.
It's easier to judge as it comes on withing a few seconds ;)

You guys need to be really careful telling someone how much of a "bag" they should do.

In the first place, what the fuck is a "bag".....what amount of heroin is in it?.....Im pretty fuckin sure that varies greatly from place to place (or even "bag" to "bag"). Where im from, a "bag" could be anythign from a 20 sack of medium grade brown, all the way up to an ounce of tar.So when trying to help someone identify a correct dose, use more accurate measurements...like...mg's or something. And even then theres no way to know the purity....

Therefore when someone asks a question like.."how much heroin should i snort for my first time?"....the answer should ALWAYS be ..."just a tiny amount, bit by bit, until you feel the way you want to"......dont tell them some bullshit like.."half of a bag should do it"...because they might be holding a 4 gram "bag" of some high grade dope, which would mean, you probably just gave them advice in overdosing.

Sry to sound like a prick, its just when peoples lives are at risk....people should understand the responsibility they are undertaking when choosing to give someone advice on how much dope to do. And using words like "bag" to represent an amount of heroin, is much more likely to get someone killed.

By a "bag", of course, I mean a retail stamp bag, but perhaps you are correct in that I should be clearer. Any instance in which such a "bag" would kill would be very unusual ... dealing with improperly mixed fentanyl, or if the user had drugs on board, or there was something else amiss. however, is "bag" much less subjective than "a little tiny bit?" I feel you, on the need to be as prudent as possible as regards harm reduction, but, also, harm reduction must be grounded in the real world ... but yes, perhaps I should be a little bit more specific.

everybody is right. with the quality of dope being so random you never know what you're getting yourself into. you don't even have a tolerance if you do 30mg's of oxy once a week so if i were in your shoes i would snort about a 1/4 of a STAMP bag. wait about 30 minutes to do more because it could take up to that long for it to even start taking effect.

Second most of the above comments, including my own lol. Trying to determine potency of someone else's dope, or even worse trying to give them a literal idea of how big the line should be is unsafe, retarded, and trivial in that order.

My point still makes sense even if you put the word "STAMP" in front of the word "bag". That STILL doesnt tell me anyhtign about how much heroin is inside. A bag is a bag, not an amount of a drug. Like I said before, ive bought "bags" plenty of times that have had everything from .2 g's in it, all the way up to about a quarter ounce....inside the "bag". Putting a stamp on it doesnt verify anything.

...and why doesnt my experiences with purchasing "bags" of heroin count as being from "the real world"?...

in "the real world", there could be ANY amount of heroin in any given bag, stamp or no stamp.
You act like theres a standard dose of heroin everywhere as long as you get it in some sort of bag with a stamp on it.

About 5 minutes to come on.....atleast 30 minutes to see if you need another line.

Just be safe and smart....use common sense.

It takes about 15-30mins. And it's best to wait until the high you're experiencing doesn't get any stronger.

This is why I'd prefer people who are new to using H smoke it, because it comes on quickly and the dose can be carefully (enough) judged depending on how high you feel after each toot :)

Maybe, but smoking heroin is SUCH a waste. Only do that if you dont mind wasting alot of it, or if you have alot of cash/dope.