• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Missed Vein Question

I know a great trick for people that pop their ties before plunging. take a string that's a couple feet long. and tie one end back onto the string to make a balloon on a string or noose shape. then thread the other end thru that loop and put your arm thru. tighten it and hold the end with your teeth. once u register Just let go of the string with your teeth and it loosens. no need to move your hands or anything!

also a question: how bad can bursting a vein be?

That's pretty nifty nvan! Your torniquet would go flying up while you're shooting, lmao!

Rupturing a vein from pressure/shooting a large volume too quickly/etc can be very bad. It can take the vein days/weeks/months to heal depending on how bad it is. Some veins don't repair, some collapse and then aren't really ever seen again (or may be seen years down the road).

You basically want to watch out for pain/discomfort while injecting so you can quickly correct the issue before serious damage occurs.

When I see "air in the syringe", I grimmace. Be careful mate!

I know a great trick for people that pop their ties before plunging. take a string that's a couple feet long. and tie one end back onto the string to make a balloon on a string or noose shape. then thread the other end thru that loop and put your arm thru. tighten it and hold the end with your teeth. once u register Just let go of the string with your teeth and it loosens. no need to move your hands or anything!

those lanyard things people put their keys on and wear around their necks are good for this trick.

When I see "air in the syringe", I grimmace. Be careful mate!

It takes a lot of air (multiple cc's) to cause an air embolism that will cause complications such as stroke or cardiovascular damage, but it's best to always remove as much air as possible before injecting.

~CTdopeLove

^yep, i think it's around the range of 3-5cc when such complications occur.

it's just a junkies myth that a few air bubbles are going to kill you. it's kind of laughable when i hear that from people who've been shooting for years, they can't be told otherwise. and they're the ones who look down on me and think i'm crazy because i'm not so particular to flick every tiny air bubble from the syringe.

just wanted to add there's some really good advice in here:)

^yep, i think it's around the range of 3-5cc when such complications occur.

it's just a junkies myth that a few air bubbles are going to kill you. it's kind of laughable when i hear that from people who've been shooting for years, they can't be told otherwise. and they're the ones who look down on me and think i'm crazy because i'm not so particular to flick every tiny air bubble from the syringe.

just wanted to add there's some really good advice in here:)

Dont they notice you dont die from the the "evil air bubbles" after? Lol

with regards to the tie, it's obviously dependent on the specific person (size of veins and skill in finding veins)

for me, i don't always need a tie but when i overuse my 'sweet spot' and need to find a different vein i use a tourniquet.

i've never had trouble loosening the tie before injecting because i just tuck the tourny under itself (thus never actually 'tieing" it) and have the end of the tie in my mouth. then when i register i just pull on the tie with my teeth and it easily releases without me having to move either arm at all

...just some feedback from my experience that may help people who use ties (i do think it is very important to release the tie before hitting)

and to the original post, i cant speak to your specific situation with missing because as everyone has said it really depends, but with regards to the air bubble, a small amount of air (like up to 10 ccs) isnt harmful and for me, having a little but of air (5cc) helps me see my shot register... it's when you are injecting large amounts of air (like a full syringe) that it is very dangerous or even potentially fatal

i have been shooting for about 6 months now. i have never had any problem, but yesterday i did and i missed (sucks) but i did. Now i have this really hard bump under the vein i think the vein or ont top but in the inner part of my elbow and it hurt really bad yesterday to the touch now its just there and a little pink near it.....does any one know what this might mean....is it gonna go away?

twisted, sounds like a typical miss. It sounds like it is already improving, which is a good sign. Applying warm compresses to the area frequently will help to both ease the discomfort, and also to help the fluid reabsorb. If it doesn't continue to improve, it never hurts to have a doc look at it, although we all know that isnt the easiest thing to decide.

Hope you feel better!! Misses hurt!!!! :0(

has it ever happened to you before and how long does is normally last? and why is it so hard? if you know any of these it would be great thanks!

I on the other hand am one of those women with tiny, roller veins! It sucks! I have to use a tie off every time, or put my arm between my crossed legs. Regardless, I miss often. I used for 15 years and jacked up my veins so bad, now when I have to go to hospital they can never draw my blood without sticking me multiple times. And getting an IV in my arm is hopeless, they have to go in my foot, ankle or neck every time. So veins rarely repair themselves. I have been clean for 17 years just until recently and after 17 years my veins are still hardened and cannot be threaded by an IV. I'm now back doping again and I get SO pissed. I'm wondering if anyone has ever shot between their toes? Is it harder to do? I can barely see a vein there. But to u newbies... Be careful! Your veins won't come back after abuse... Even after years being clean. Just something to think about.

People who shoot between their toes are skin popping on purpose. I would think it would be safer to muscle the shot in your butt, if you're avoiding tracks, but to each his/her own

Sorry you're having issues finding veins. I definitely can relate. My arms are destroyed, so I've been calculatingly going thru all my hand veins the last few years. I gotta say, clean sets make a HUGE difference.I'm stubborn too. I'll sit there for 2 hours if I have to.

I have a couple "lifer" friends who have been shooting for 30-50 years, and want to cry when I watch them.

BTW, my last stint in the hospital, they had to eventually put a line in on my pinkey finger above my knuckle.

Also, it's poor etiquette to respond to a 4 year old thread.

Last edited:
I
I dont understand why you people say you must loosen the tie before injecting. Ive NEVER done this and ive been shooting up heroin and oxy for over 2 years(thousands of times) and ive NEVER had any problem.

What gives?
I know this is an old post but hopefully a new BL sees this
It can cause ruptured veins, ballooning, and also if you haven’t shot for a while or have a lower tolerance, when you release that tie / Torniquet it can release all the dope at once in a big quick amount which can cause overdose

I

I know this is an old post but hopefully a new BL sees this
It can cause ruptured veins, ballooning, and also if you haven’t shot for a while or have a lower tolerance, when you release that tie / Torniquet it can release all the dope at once in a big quick amount which can cause overdose

That isn't how overdose works mate. That amount of drug is getting into the system anyway regardless of the vein bursting if it's been injected. It doesn't just sit there waiting for the tie to be taken off before it goes through your bloodstream, that isn't how blood works. Your blood is still pumping with the tie on right? Same principle applies here.

Overdose is simply when too much of a drug is put into someone's body through any ROA, and not tying off, not releasing the tie, etc will not make any bit of difference so long as the shot hasn't been missed. What's in your blood is in your blood and it's going to your heart.

Dunno who told you this or you thought of it yourself, but it is incorrect information.