The Love Festival Los Angeles 8/21/2010

socalthizzn

Bluelighter
this is looking like its the best event for august even thought it doesnt have any drum and bass :|
but some of the djs playing include

BAD BOY BILL & RiCHARD VISSION (LIVE ON 8 decks, "HOUSE RECONNECTED")

JOHN O'CALLAGHAN (ARMADA, IRELAND)

CEDRIC GERVAIS (MIAMI, SLEEZ REC.)

MATT DAREY (NOCTURNAL, PAM DJS)

TOM NOVY (GERMANY)

MICHA MOOR (GERMANY)

JUNIOR SANCHEZ (X-MIX, BROBOT NY)

INPETTO (GERMANY)

DJ REZA (SATURDAY NIGHT SESSIONS, GO VENTURES)

AN21 (SIZE RECORDS, SWEDEN)

+ MORE

im looking forward to bad boy bill vs richard vission its going to be my first experience with go ventures and the sports arena.

Other than BBB this line up is sort of a joke....

Ever since '08 TLF has been going down hill. Not to say it was anything shy of crapola to begin with, but just when you thought they couldnt make it any worse.....8(

To each their own I suppose....

def not going even tho I want an event in august. I love all forms of music but if I go to a giant even there will be a few hours where I have to hear some mind tripping dubstep. Not to mention with all the ruckus going down in LA theres gonna be 10000 undercovers and they are gonna be trippin i guarantee its gonna close at 1:50am as opposed to two like thats how much they enforce it. I say fuck em, im hittin up nocturnal, honestly I loved EDC, but fuck LA for how they are handling the situation, and love festival sounds bad anyway

Haha yuppppppperz sounds wack as fuck, line ups awful too, its free for me so ill definatly be there. I just want to throw down some face melting lightshows and insert my penis into a hott raver chick. Better than hudson event or the heist or respect or avalon or blue moon or anything else going on in august. Im going for the crowd, mostly to flew my pack on hot bitches and glove.

Bad boy bill vs richard vission on 8 decks, thats it for decent music music... Reza inpetto gervais moor sanchez allllll suck. Im only really into dnb but for the ladie hunt this unce unce must be tolerated.

They just made it 18+ :\ I know some people are happy, but I still think it's a shame that being a minor prevents you from seeing your favorite DJs live.

They just made it 18+ :\ I know some people are happy, but I still think it's a shame that being a minor prevents you from seeing your favorite DJs live.

nice nice, love to hear 18+. kids should never be allowed at raves, raves and edm was spawned because of mdma, and mdma is not for children and IMO they do not need to be there.

the owner of go ventures was drivning around in his go ventures smart car thru my hood so i was like whats up bro im a panic raver check out all the gear and well turns out he lives 1 street over and hooked me up. thats y im going. dude seems super shady, cracky as hell but he shot tix so. also you'd think putting on partys with insomniac and love festival in multiple cities he'd have a monster pad, naw just a condo.

nice nice, love to hear 18+. kids should never be allowed at raves, raves and edm was spawned because of mdma, and mdma is not for children and IMO they do not need to be there.

No they werent, and its those attitudes that ruined the scene.

No they werent, and its those attitudes that ruined the scene.

Thizzer i am not your typical dummy bro, what ruined the scene is ptots and gangsters as well as poser ravers from it being mainstreamed. You dont think edm and raves were around before drugs? Wether it be mdma or lsd rave partys are only around because of drugs. Raves have always always been associated with drugs. A bunch of people on pyschedelics or hallucingenic stimulants whatever plus edm= rave always has always will thats a fact. Wether we can appreciatr them as music and culture is irrelavant therr around because of drugs.

Last edited:
Late 80s mdma becomes popular and then whatya know here comes techno then o shit a gathering of people with techno and mdma forming what we now call raves;)

Thizzer i am not your typical dummy bro, what ruined the scene is ptots and gangsters as well as poser ravers from it being mainstreamed. You dont think edm and raves were around before drugs? Wether it be mdma or lsd rave partys are only around because of drugs. Raves have always always been associated with drugs. A bunch of people on pyschedelics or hallucingenic stimulants whatever plus edm= rave always has always will thats a fact. Wether we can appreciatr them as music and culture is irrelavant therr around because of drugs.

Radical
Audio
Visual
Experience

The only reason everyone associates raves with drugs is because thats what society has told us from the beginning, thus creating a hole where society has sadly made a reality (albeit a reality based off of propaganda).

Drugs have been around way longer than EDM and Rave parties, duh, but not every rave is a drug party, and thats not their original purpose, the drug scene is just the crowd that attended these events.

Lovefest 08 was awesome and 09 was one of the best events I've ever been to.

I don't see what's wrong with the lineup maybe they don't have the major headliners but that doesn't take away from some of the DJs' performance skills.

I've seen Bad Boy Bill and Gervais but I don't really remember their sets. I saw John O'Callaghan at Monster Massive but it was mostly trance and not really that great of a set. I'm looking forward to some of these other DJs. AN21 has collaborations with Swedish House Mafia and Micha Moor was one of the first electro house DJs that got me into house music.

They usually play energetic upbeat songs at Love Fest instead of the boring trancey sets that most headliners at massives play. House is my favorite genre so I'm looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Reason i am not a fan of it (am attending anu way) is because im into a diff genre. I am into dnb, mostly underground (uk mostly some aus usa alll sucks for dnb) , grime, drumstep. It should be good. Im guna suffer a gator bite :)

Some. Kid got pummeled by 3 UCs. One had his ankels the other two had his arms and pounded his face into the cement. The kid covered in lights i pointed out that would of been a potental od, od'd! Kid outside dropped out cold snoring and in an instant sweat puddle, more like lake sized. That was a wicked od. Toooooio much! Another statistic.

Jeez... the kid died from what, od or the undercovers being too rough? Why did they nab him to begin with? In any case, thats too bad for the kid. Sucks.

Kid died from od, i found out from camp pendelton a marine died at an la rave over the weekend, news probably wont hear bcuz promoters are smarter, theyvr using private emts that release no info now, keeps em safe if somethkng like that happens. Cops. Pounded the kid for slingin, imo made an example for other dealers. The lapd jumped in, didnt stop it just started stomping the kid more.