• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Liquid Vicodin

FoulQ

Greenlighter
Hi, a friend of mine recently acquired liquid vicodin from another friend who had surgery. The friend who had surgery said his recommended dose was 15 mL. On the internet I have heard that 15 mL = 1 pill for most standards. The friend interested in consuming the liquid has done it before, but in pill form. So he is wondering, what is the dosage here? I am trying to be safe, ya know? Safety first.

Thanks for any help.

You need to find out what the EXACT dosage is for this liquid (it can vary) because it contains acetaminophen and being wrong about the amount could cause you to ingest a toxic amount. Find out the concentration exactly as it says on the bottle and we can help you from there.

Uhm, pretty sure the bottle says the mgs per ml. You should really ask him. But 15 ml=1pill doesn't sound right. That would be a shitload of liquid for a decent amount of hydro. I'm not sure if liquid hydrocodone comes in multiple strengths, but the one time I did some it seems like it was quite alot more concentrated than that, don't remember exactly though.

As the 2 posters above me have said, you need to give more information. Find the brand, google it and find out the concentration of ingredients and so forth.

Also, basic dosing questions belowing in Basic Drug Discussion.

--->BDD

Thanks duders! You guys rule.

My friend said it says "Hydrocodone/APAP elix" on the bottle and that's about it, it seems. The only other thing is that to take "15 mL PO every four hours for pain" (but he did have some pretty legit surgery).

ETA: I read this on a website. "Although not commonly prescribed, there is a liquid preparation of hydrocodone/APAP available in a standard strength of 7.5 milligrams of hydrocodone and 500 milligrams of APAP in each 15 milliliters of elixir."

Last edited:
Alright, if the dosage is 7.5/500mg per 15ml then I think the average beginner hydrocodone dosage would be 30-45ml (15-22.5mg of hydrocodone.) Remember that 60ml is 2000mg of acetaminophen which is the maximum you should ever take in a single dose (and even that much isn't good.)

4000mg total over a 24 hour period is the maximum acetaminophen dosage as well. Exceeding this amount, or taking lower amounts in proximity to drinking alcohol can cause liver damage

Depends on what kind of liquid you got... I would google the brand or look on the bottle... mind the APAP as well!!!! I have always enjoyed liquid hydrocodone...

Sweet. The only thing that concerns me is what fryingsquirrel says: "that seems like a shitload of liquid for a decent amount of hydro." The mg/ml ratio wasn't on my friend's bottle. But the standard seems to be the 7.5/500mg thing.

Silly internet, all its contradictions.

Would it be smart to take 15ml and then go on from there? I have only done vicodin once before, but my other friend has more experience and could read his body and how "high" he is off the liquid. This way I'm thinking, I can play it safe with the dosage. If I'm not feeling much after an hour of 15ml I could take more and assume it is the standard mixture of 7.5/500mg.

My only concern with this is that since I'm not dosing all at once, the effects won't be as good.

Last edited:
What is his tolerance? If a beginner and if its 7.5mg/500 Hydrocodone per 15mL than I'd suggest taking 30mL (15mg). If used a a few or so times before than go with 45mL (22.5mg)

Both our tolerances are low. I don't know much about how fast tolerance to this builds up, but I've done it once and he's done it probably four or five over the last month.

As far as dosage, first time I took it I took two pills which I assume were 5/500 (standard hydrocodone, no?), and it was pretty fun combined with my usual cannabis habits, but I definitely craved a higher dosage to feel the drug's true effects.

IF this liquid is standard (7.5/500) then taking 30mL would be upping my dosage somewhat, so I think I'll go with your idea. And if it is randomly much stronger, I probably won't face serious damage from 30mL no matter what.

Shake the bottle well. Liquid hydrocodone is a great buzz especially since you have a low tolerance... You can redose.... what does it say on the bottle?

My friend gave it to us in a water bottle. He is using it legitimately for his jaw but gave us some (I'd estimate.... ~200 mL) as a sign of good will. But I don't have the real bottle of it, just a water bottle. So I can't really look at the label, and he only told me the fact that it is just "Hydrocodone/APAP elix."

So I'm going to take it easy tonight with 30mL for each of us at 7:30pm.

I'm also going to take about 7.5mL now as a test, make sure its not an out of control ratio.

I'll update you guys later tonight. Hopefully you are high so you find it more interesting! I can't wait.

it might not even say on the prescription bottle. a lot of the prescription cough syrups don't. i'd just assume 7.5mg/15ml is correct and try 30ml. the only other liquid hydro i have heard of was this hydrotussin stuff my buddy had, 5mg/5ml, and even if it was that strong 30ml would not be the end of you.

Small update if you are interested. I felt nothing from the 7.5ml, so I think it's safe to say that at best, it's the standard concentration. Although it did make me lose my appetite for some reason, kind of weird considering last time I took pills I got pretty hungry.

Finally, 8pm, I'm heading over to my friend's house for the night. I'll let you know how it goes.

Small update if you are interested. I felt nothing from the 7.5ml, so I think it's safe to say that at best, it's the standard concentration. Although it did make me lose my appetite for some reason, kind of weird considering last time I took pills I got pretty hungry.

Finally, 8pm, I'm heading over to my friend's house for the night. I'll let you know how it goes.

For some reason Hyrdocodone pills gave me the munchies but liquid formulations decreased my appetite...

Im also finding that Roxicodone has completely decreased my appetite and I don't drink enough water... A common side effect! :)

I hope you figure out where your sweet spot with this liquid is so you can enjoy!