The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

PATERSON , NJ: The End of an Era...RIP to the Alabama Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got three strories about the alabama projects.....

Story 1)
My boy's brother was a pretty serious dope fiend. He was schemming a day back when p-town back each. He's in Albania now becaue he got deported from all his charges. His brother was a crazy motherfucker .. he was a dope fiend legend. Anyways one day they went to cop at the projects and they scope it for a lil bit before going in cause they were broke and needed to beat someone. He notices the gun is hidden under the sewer and the dope on top of a car tire near by where thedealers are. so him and his boy park . there were only three dude out there at the moment. he walks by on the other side where the gun is cause they were all chilling near the car where the dope was . He grabed the gun walked to the dealer near the car and stuck him up for the dope with his own gun . He only got abrick that's all they had stashed out there . He took the gun sold it and got another brick a few days later.

Story 2.

this kid i know rolled up to cop dope in the pound and the dude pulled a gun on him and three other white kids in the car. He stole that car and all four of them were stranded there. they didnt evencall the cops cause they were too scared . They called someone and they picked them up and report the car stolen later.

story 3.
my boy wentt o newark and beata dealer for a bundle . then him and his boy went to alabama to try to sell the dope (they were just trying to get money, they weren't feinds). When they got there and a dealer said "yall cant sell here, this is my spot." they stayed anyways and sold the bundle in a few minutes meanwhile the dealer went into his girls car and hit my boy's friend while they were leaving. the dude got pretty injured from getting hit by the car but not hospital bad. after he hit them he said "i 'd told yall once." . they left after that .

Last edited by a moderator:
Good ridence. do u realize what an eyesore that was? how dangerous the pound was?
I remember the 90's that was recognized as the MOST DANGEROUS projects in Paterson, and it really made an entire decent neighborhood decline.
Before the close of the projects only 1/3 of the units were occupied. and were only occupied by undesirables. People that create crime. (im not talking about selling drugs, that isnt what i consider crime. I am talking about people who rob, assault, rape, murder. etc.)

What REALLY sucks is the fact that all these people wound up being spread around to other neighborhoods, which are making other nice neighborhoods decline.
Section 8 neighborhoods specifically.

I think that those buildings were beat, if u ever been inside of one, it smelled like piss, was disgusting, roach infested, rats too. spray paint all on the walls throughout the building. it was in terrible shape.

So ever since they closed down that cesspool, now that section of paterson is a nice area, on the rise. They since built a new Food store, and the area is def cleaning up!!
They should have relocated the residents to other areas like 4th ward paterson, to keep these kinds of people contained. because they are fuckin animals! (i am NOT talking about the race of people, I am talking about the kind of people)

^You're telling me you think it's best to round up a particular type of people and keep them contained in particular areas? You do realize that environment is a huge influence upon people, especially younger people i.e. under 21, so keeping any group of people, even "undesirables" as you put it or criminals, is just going to breed more and more crime. That's only going to make things worse in that area and will drag down the surrounding neighborhoods with it, which will do nothing but drag down the whole town as far as real estate values and the quality of life in that town as well.

My point is that you should think a little harder about what you say about things like this because putting any type of people in a ghetto to separate them from the rest of society is not going to ever solve any social problem. Why do you think prison doesn't solve any of the problems for the people that go there, right?

And did you seriously need to salvage this thread from it's inevitable death just to say you think people you don't like should be put into ghettos?

i remember back in the day when we used to cop at the pound...one way in one way out...i remember we couldnt find weed anywhere locally, so we decided to check out the pound, based on my boy's recommendation.
we wound up getting that "eliot" shit that was all over the place back in the day! (it was babbage weed but was laced with a lil pcp. got u fuckin super ripped)
so we went and bought like 4 nicks... lol (nicks, those were the days!!! lmao)

Then i remember another time when we started gettin into dope. we used to primarily cop 4th ward area. but when we didnt have money we would always go to the pound to get "free" shit!!
we would literally go out there ask for buns and snatch it and pull off!!
i remember one time we did that and we got a flat tire right as it happened. we fuckin had to hit the circle on just the rim sparks flyin all ove the place! was CRAZY!

then another time we went in tryin to get weed again. fuckin tried to get 1/4 of haze (this is when haze first came around, it wwas always "dro" b4 that)
the mothrfucker came and gave us some aluminum foil ball...i was like wtf is this shit?!?! i threw it at him and we bounced. (99% positive he was tryin to rob us! who the fuk gives us weed in an aluminum foil ball??)
my boy got robbed a couple times the stupid fucker was such an idiot, he was supposed to get an oz and we were all gonna split it...he wound up getting literally dirt and grass. but since he was so scared of the situation he gave the asshole $350 and left.
Dope was always $70 a bun bak in the day in the dog pound!
I remember dope was usually always FUCKIN FIRE AS FUCK TOO!!! (just as long as u didnt get robbed out there, there was a TON of scammers out in those projects!!)
Literally hundreds of dudes out there, blasting music, when they see a car wit white ppl in it. they would literally FIGHT for the sale! (even if u only got $20 bucks tryin to get the 3 for $20 deal lmao) they would fight for that $20 bucks!!!

I remember u pull up in there on a nice summer day, u would get surrounded by people...they would be bangin the hood of ur car screming on the top of their lungs "I GOT TAT!!! I GOT TAT!!!"
ROFL!!!
Imagine if u were from out of state, and got lost tryin to get bak on rt 80 and u accidently roll up in there?!?!
OMG!!!! ppl would prolly die of heart attack 4 sure on a situation like that... when 40-50 black ppl surround ur car screamin at u that they "got tat" and they bangin on ur car...i wouldnt be surprised if someone would get out of the car hand over the keys and say "just take it, please dont hurt me!!!"
ROFL...
but seriously tho...that was the craziest spot in all of paterson... Made 5th ave projects look like some luxury condos!!! (HAHHA)
I remember 10th and 23rd used to be CRAZY like that too...they dismantled that block just like "the building" on e one-nine....and the blvd and all them 4th ward streets... (which is still poppin, but is NOTHING the way it used to be!!!)lol

Newark and Paterson def aint what it used to be, even Passaic...All the ghettos in North Jersey are def NOT as ghetto as they were in the 90's...
blocks used to be CRAZY! i dunno wat happened... i guess all them ppl r in prison now, or on parole and they aint fuckin around!! I kno the gangs in the area have died down alot...
Practically no more gangs, the hoods are much more decent...especially fuckin newark.
ever since booker got in, shit changed BIG TIME!!!
I actually grew up in Newark. In a bad area too, right off of Springfield. Shit was CRAZY out there, my mom had her car stolen, i remember when we would have our windows open in the summer we would her nothing but gun shots ALL NIGHT LONG!
Same shit @ my grandmother's house in East Orange...(that was hood too!!)
I remember when i was young i rode my moped to the hood (newark)
i was like 15 yrs old, and i rode my moped straight down broadway, just for fun...on the way back i decided to run a red light, and no1 was around me, i wound up going into a dead end (where broad st turns to broadway, but broad street turns to a dead end, i didnt merge to b'way, i stayed on broad st.) well i wound up runnin into the projects...(ooops!!)
well like 20 ppl surrounded me and took my moped!!!
one of the dudes was all nice to me and stayed with me for like 20 min. i was talkin to the guy told him i just got it registered and insured, as soon as i said that he pulled out his walkie talkie and said "yo bring this nigga bike back!!" and then 5 min later they gave it back!
they even offered me $300 plus cab fare for the bike. but i turned down the offer.
2 weeks later it was stolen from my own city...so i shoulda just took the cash, (shoulda woulda coulda!)
wow...this is a long fukin post... (im pretty fuckin ripped off these bangin bags i got from ptown!!) so u kno how that goes...just keep talkin, and talkin for ever!!!
considering it is 6 am. i think i better get sum fukin sleep!!! lmao

PROPS to whoever actually reads my entire message!!! MAD PROPS...lol
Keep it hood. Peace.

I read it but I'm sure it will be heavily edited soon.

I'm lucky I don't have stories like this...my 2years of coppin dope has been very quiet and normal..plan to keep it like that too

I read it. I don't see any problems being that it's all in the past. Lol at copping on a moped

^ Yea, I'm sure we all had a mental picture of that while reading it.

^You're telling me you think it's best to round up a particular type of people and keep them contained in particular areas? You do realize that environment is a huge influence upon people, especially younger people i.e. under 21, so keeping any group of people, even "undesirables" as you put it or criminals, is just going to breed more and more crime. That's only going to make things worse in that area and will drag down the surrounding neighborhoods with it, which will do nothing but drag down the whole town as far as real estate values and the quality of life in that town as well.

The authorities in Zurich did this 1986-1992 in a park called Platszpitz (AKA "Needle Park"), whose idea was to keep the dope fiends in one place- the sale and use of hard drugs were tolerated. Its population exploded from a few hundred to several thousand from other parts of Europe. They closed it and people moved to a train station. Frankfurt by contrast would close a open air and the fiends would would fragment. The Swiss experince led to experiments with Rx heroin, which was so successful that the Swiss voters voted it in as the law of the land in the late 90s. The german experience led to the Frankfurt Resolution, a major step and the foundation of modern European harm reduction policies where they exist. Tried to get oral histories on the 80s Zurich scene but couldn't get many responses.

In San Francisco, you used to be able to cop on 16th and mission at the BAART station. Blacks would come up asking if you wanted outfits and then bring you to a mexican with the ballons- usually white and black dope came together. 24th and harrison was another but less above ground spot. The TL (tenderloin started taking over), the dope was always subpar @ 16th and mission but by 05' fall their weren't that many people out- gentrification like the East Village. UN Plaza, irronically was another spot but mostly a ripoff (irronic because the UN is getting very involved in drug erdication efforts as of late through their enforcement arm the UNODCP).

Last edited:
Interesting to hear about the Alabama Projects. I was really struck by the "nostalgic" tone of the post. Lol, it's almost strange to have such "affectionate" feelings about an old/condemned shit hole, but I can certainly relate to that. My first experiences copping in a "real" hood was when I was a Marine in DC. We had the notorious Arthur Capper homes. It's so odd how such a filthy set of buildings full of disease, crime, and just about any kind off social ills you might imagine in a 3rd world country can become a sort of "home away from home", but it sure can.

Funny posts. I for one am glad its not the wild wild west up in Newark anymore. I like feeling relatively safe when I pick up!

This thread made me lol.. funny shit yo.. RIP dirt bag dope infested projects. Who the fuck wud miss that shithole??? Yo, is that the only low income housing in Paterson?? The only place to get dope;??? Anyway..lols. peace yall make it a good 1.
Ps--i could go on n on about my mad connections how i get fire weight on the mad cheap on the sly where i get it (in the projects) but i dont think anyone would care.. sorry about this. :(

Regent_Park_Toronto1.jpg

Regent Park - Toronto

Used to be the ghetto, now its gonna be condos.

jspun thats a completely different situation. the projects aint nothing the same as an open air park for junkies to hang out in. that was meant to contain junkies--the pound and other pj's were a place to live, a home. Having one park set aside for junkies and junkie bizness is one thing and worked the way it did (or didnt) for different reasons.

taking huge groups of people and putting them in vertical prisons which is basically when you come down to it, wat the pj's are and then blockin em off from the rest of the world, only causes more crime and trouble. every study there is shows that. esp. high rise buildings the higher they are, the bigger and more isolated the project is the worse it is everytime. thats why robert taylor homes in chitown was such a wellknown disaster.

i aint gonna use this thread to get into it and start arguin about the right n wrong of takin folks that some of yall consider "undesirable" and blockin em off in a fuckin highise ghetto but just to point out to you it aint the same thing as needle park at all you dealing with not only a different group (not only junkies n drug users n sellers but also regular ass people too just stuck there) and a different culture completely ,america vs sweden... the hoods, the culture, and esp. the way that the pj's help to keep the races segregated...all that shit, they aint got the issues that is particular to the US, over there ...you aint got nothin even slightly similar on your hands so you really cant compare the 2 or say that you think its a good idea based on the needle park idea cz the shit aint the same.

Anyways.....ptown dope....Man, lol back in the day when 70 for a bun was cheap 8) The times i was over there tho right before it came down, even when shit was the prices it is these days much cheaper it was still always the same at the pound, gues u pay for convenience. Even tho in those days it really wasnt convenient at all no more, shit was so hot u had to take some crazy round about route in there, to really be safe u had to walk..park at the liquor store right there on the left side of market st. a lil ways away from mcd's then walk in, the narcs would always be waitin,sittin in the old ass cars, the green and dark marroon crown vics from the late 80s and shit.

Anyways.....Its a shame wat they did with "the building" too (far as the dope game goes) cuz they always had the fuckin fire there....i got so many bangin bags over at e 1-9...Got arrested after coppin over there too a few yrs back 8)

I never fucked with 5th ave , shit was too hot, my boy use to chill over there tho...Told me all kind of stories about shit up in there, u right about that tho, that wasnt shit comared to the pound.

I always wonder wat it woulda been like coppin in CCP back before they took that down but that was when I was a youngun so i never got to experience that.

U kno wat tho, even tho they right there I never hear nobody talkin about coppin at the Towers, always thought that was weird since it replaced ccp.

I love readin the paterson memories, gotta go now tho, my llil man is fussin. Ha, i sit here readin all this shit but Im so far gone from it, now Im a mama with my lil man but its funny to read all this it reminds me how different my life is now....

Every dope fiend has a story.

Even the homeless folks living from dime bag to dime bag. They never forget their "big scores". Those moments when they felt better than even the richest people on earth could ever hope for, naturally.

Sometimes it's worth it to toss them a $20 just to hear those stories, and watch them relive them. Well, I mean, the oral sex is nice too, but the point is mostly for the stories.

And these stories aren't about kingdoms and mansions..They're about condemed and leveled old government subsidized shitholes.

Well, I mean, the oral sex is nice too, but the point is mostly for the stories.
From my understanding of story telling and oral sex you can't have your cake and eat it too in this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.