• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

TRAMADOL vs CODEINE

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzofan

Greenlighter
Is maybe a basic question But I never found a clear answer :

What is the equivalence between these two opiates :

250 mg TRAMADOL = ??? mg CODEINE

Thanks for your feedback

maybe it would help if we knew why you are asking the question. is it to achieve the same “High" and your wondering about the equivalent dosage? Tram is a synthetic and does not affect me the same way that codeine does. Not saying thats your situation with the drug. Also, when Im coming off tram it makes me so depressed. Worse than any drug Ive taken. So if you are new to Tram be aware this might be an issue when you come off. i don't use either unless Im dealing with WDs. I pref Oxy or Hydro 10/325 or a compound if i can get some. There are many others around that are more knowledgeable then I am…they should be along soon. Also, there is a real risk of seizures with high does of Tram.

what is your experience/tolerance with either? I could be wrong here but I don’t think you can get the same high...they are two dif drugs mate.

That is a hard question to answer because Tramadol is a synthetic opioid with different properties than any other opiate. Even though both are considered low on the opiate chart, Codeine is a completely different type of opiate than Tramadol. Its hard to compare the "high" in dosage.

This is my best kind of equivalent dosage according to a high:
90-120mg = 250mg Tramadol

That is a hard question to answer because Tramadol is a synthetic opioid with different properties than any other opiate. Even though both are considered low on the opiate chart, Codeine is a completely different type of opiate than Tramadol. Its hard to compare the "high" in dosage.

This is my best kind of equivalent dosage according to a high:
90-120mg = 250mg Tramadol

Seriously? If I took 250mg Tramadol I would be WAY more fucked then if I took 400mg Codeine.

^^not me... tramadol really doesn't do much for me, whereas codeine gave me a good buzz (600mg)

^^not me... tramadol really doesn't do much for me, whereas codeine gave me a good buzz (600mg)

Same here. Tramadol did nothing for pain or for a "high".
Might be a good Antidep though :) Except the coming off part, highlighted everywhere on BL :|

In my experience:

150 mg codeine = 100 mg tramadol

300 mg codeine = 200-250 mg tramadol (euphoria-wise)

I prefer tramadol, codeine gives me alot of itchiness and makes my face red as a cooked crayfish. And has shorter duration, and to much of a heavy and sedating feel to it.

Holy multiple threads, batman!

Are you trying to break a record or something??

The problem with posting thread after thread is, for one, it isn't fair to other posters, as their ONE question keeps getting bumped farther and farther down the page. You could have combined that into one thread. Just an fyi for future reference!!!

And, btrw...welcome to blue light!!! :0)

Hard to say, depends from person to person, and the effects are very different. I will rarely take under 240mg codeine recreationally since under that it does just about diddly squat to me, and even 360mg is a pretty moderate dose.

300mg tramadol is WAY more euphoric in every way, shape and form than 300mg codeine. I would say 300mg codeine makes me feel similar, intensity-wise, to about 150-200mg tramadol. Tramadol is much longer-lasting, though, is less itchy and nauseous for me, is a little stimulating, and provides much more of a mood lift as opposed to a dreamy noddy state.

I prefer tramadol by a country mile.

^How do trams and Oxycodone work together for you?

Never tried oxycodone, you lucky bastards, but I'm sure that if I had I wouldn't even touch the trammies before I was long outta oxy. And I love me some trammies, some of my favourite pharms.

Never tried oxycodone, you lucky bastards, but I'm sure that if I had I wouldn't even touch the trammies before I was long outta oxy. And I love me some trammies, some of my favourite pharms.

You'd still like the tramadol more. <3
I do anyway.

I prefer much more better CODEINE but it is acting too fast (2,5 hours)

Tramadol is longer (6-8 hours) but acting too sofltly ( a simple general well being )

Codeine can do the BUZZ

could we improve the effect of codeine by add tramadol or valium (in wich dose ?)

I take 250 - 300 mg codeine (I'm tolerant) codeine is my better opiate

I'm not using High level Opiate (OXY, Heroin, Morphine)

But, I will maybe try hydrocodone (vicodin)

For codeine I use the Cold Extraction :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wdV2YOa4Xc

Works very well (not expensive)

Status
Not open for further replies.