• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long after taking Clonazepam should I wait until...

WorldWarMe

Bluelight Crew
How long after taking Clonazepam should I wait to take a recreational dose of Codeine? I usually dose around 400mg to get the optimal effects.

I took 0.5mg at 5:00pm, then 1mg at around 11:59pm, then 0.5mg at around 1:30am.

I noticed Clonazepam has a half-life of 18-50 hours, but which one would be more accurate, 18 or 50 hours? Or can you just never know?

I remember reading somewhere that half-life doesn't have much to do with it and that as long as you're not still feeling the effects of the benzodiazepine you're in the clear. Is this true?

Anyways, my question is how long should I wait after my last dose of Clonazepam to take 400mg Codeine?

Have you got a tolerance to clonazepam? As you took it yesterday, I think you should be fine, if you have a tolerance. Otherwise, to be on the safe side, wait till tomorrow to take your codeine.

Have you got a tolerance to clonazepam? As you took it yesterday, I think you should be fine, if you have a tolerance. Otherwise, to be on the safe side, wait till tomorrow to take your codeine.

Well technically I took it today. I have a tolerance to Temazepam (60mg to feel nice, 90mg to feel REALLY nice), and since they have cross tolerances I assume I should be tolerant to Clonazepam since the dosing didn't really do much.

I might get my hands on some Oxycontin tomorrow also, would it be safe to take it then (which would be around 24-30 hours after my last dose).

I don't know the dose of your Oxycontin, but as I never took some, I don't know. I wouldn't take Oxy and codeine together, though.
As you have a tolerance to benzos and codeine, I think you're safe with taking your codeine today and your Oxy tomorrow.

you're taking a relatively small amount of clonaz... you should be fine taking your codeine, if you're worried about the interaction, just take a bit less codeine ie. 300mg

i think if you can handle 90mg of temazepam and not just fall right to sleep, you should be fine with that dose of Kpin. keep in mind that nearly all dangerous overdoses involve mixing of depressants so if you want to play it safe, try a lower dose of codeine/oxy than you usally would use and if everything is cool, creep up the dose to get where you wanna be. stay safe.

Fletchacet

Last edited:
My friend also took some Clonazepam around 22 hours ago (0.50mg) and he has NO benzo tolerance at all. Would it be safe for him to take 90mg Codeine (no opiate tolerance either)?

My friend also took some Clonazepam around 22 hours ago (0.50mg) and he has NO benzo tolerance at all. Would it be safe for him to take 90mg Codeine (no opiate tolerance either)?

Yes, it is a very low dose of clonaz. He should be fine.

How long after taking Clonazepam should I wait to take a recreational dose of Codeine? I usually dose around 400mg to get the optimal effects.

I took 0.5mg at 5:00pm, then 1mg at around 11:59pm, then 0.5mg at around 1:30am.

I noticed Clonazepam has a half-life of 18-50 hours, but which one would be more accurate, 18 or 50 hours? Or can you just never know?

I remember reading somewhere that half-life doesn't have much to do with it and that as long as you're not still feeling the effects of the benzodiazepine you're in the clear. Is this true?

Anyways, my question is how long should I wait after my last dose of Clonazepam to take 400mg Codeine?

Too bad codeine licks OxyContins asshole :)

lol im just playing...but seriously.

What would be a good beginner dose for him to actually enjoy the effects? He's never taken an opiate before in his like (Except for an IV morphine drip in the hospital a few years back).

Alright well my friend backed out again. It's just me now.
I have 40mg Oxycontin next to me and I took the Clonazepam last night. I don't plan on doing the Oxycontin for another 7 or so hours, should I be fine? I don't have a tolerance to oxys at all, I do them maybe once or twice a year.

You only need 20 mg of Oxy to get high. Your friend is just having residual fatigue. He is not really in a black out, he just went to sleep.

You only need 20 mg of Oxy to get high. Your friend is just having residual fatigue. He is not really in a black out, he just went to sleep.

I said he backed out, as in doesnt want to do it anymore.

Could you answer the above question? Would it be safe for me to do oxys later tonight after the Clonazepam last night?

I said he backed out, as in doesnt want to do it anymore.

Could you answer the above question? Would it be safe for me to do oxys later tonight after the Clonazepam last night?

You are fine.

How much did your friend take last night.
Any benzo over the tolerance level tends to have a after effect after it is gone.

with no opiate tolerance, i agree that 20 mg of oxy will light you up nice, and you'll have another 20 mg dose for another time! its a win win! my first oxy dose was in the ER and i got 10mg and I was breathlessly euphoric. If you take the whole 40 you very well might get bad nausea which could ruin an otherwise beautiful experience. whatever happens, be safe.

Fletchacet

Jay, my friend isn't going to be doing anything with me tonight. He's gone home.

I was wondering if there were any dangers involved with taking/snorting 20mg oxy around 20-24 hours after taking 2mg Clonazepam.

I have a benzo tolerance of 90mg Temazepam, and 400mg Codeine will get me really euphoric. Last opiate I did was over 2 months ago.

IMHO you'll be fine. If you feel overlyu sedated from the Kpins still (which would be odd after 24 hours) id say drop the oxy dose a bit, if not, go for it and have fun :) be safe.

Fletchacet

Alright, I took 20mg oxy and feel it a bit. Not much tho. Would it be dangerous adding 200mg codeine into the mix?