• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why Can't I Get High off Cocaine???

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan21

Bluelighter
I just did cocaine for my first time so i shouldnt have had any tolerance at all to it. I was advised to do about 250mg so i did and i didn't get any high at all. I sort of felt my heart beat faster, but that was it, no mental effects.

Some of you might say it's in the quality of the cocaine, but I'm pretty sure it was of fair quality because it worked on my other friends for the same amount.

I'm wondering if for some reason, it would be harder for me to get high by snorting than other methods, because I've had exactly the same problem with ketamine too.

Has anyone ever heard of this happening? What would you suggest I do?

There's a lot of genetic variation in the degree to which we find cocaine rewarding--perhaps you're on the low end.

gee, well that sucks.

do you think its because im snorting it? would it be better if i intravenus it? or does my body just not like coke for some reason and i should find something else?

sorry if i sound retarded.

I wouldn't recommend IVing coke that quickly in your career. And the problem wasn't with you snorting it as that is one of the more euphoric routes of administration.

Here's an idea: get your hands on some Ritalin (a decent dose, perhaps 30mg) and snort it. If you get high, then the problem was almost certainly with the coke you tried as Ritalin and coke act just about the same way in the CNS.

Or get some high quality cocaine. Maybe it was unevenly cut with other chemicals and you got a lot of cut shit (yes--some dealers cut their coke and don't bother to mix it up properly).

Note that I recommended the Ritalin thing because you can be quite sure that Ritalin is pure in its pharmaceutical form--you know what you're getting and how much.

Also certain medications like wellbutrin are known to blunt dopaminergic (like cocaine) euphoria.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't done coke in years but I felt the same way when I snorted. I would get numb and mt throat always felt like I had a lump then fein a short while later lol. I snorted 2 times then my moms loser boyfriend showed me how to rock it and smoke. I loved it and still love it. That's why I refuse to do it. I will lose everything. I was a teenager when this all happened so I felt I had nothing to lose for that year I was a crack head. I never iv coke cuz that's was my moms method and its taken her down in a bad way. Coke for me is mostly feining for more. I would be the crack head looking for rocks on the floor lol.
I suggest just know the coke high isn't for you and mark it down for experience.

justcurious1234,
If you've tried snorting anything else has that worked?
I just want to know that what I'm experienceing is actually a problem with others as well before I do something stupid and dangerous like doing line after line until I get high.

Yes I snorted meth millions of times and I always got a good high. But when I smoke meth I don't feel like I get high at all. Its weird. I have given meth several chances cuz its my doc and everytime I smoke I am disappointed.
I also snorted Ritalin and Adderall and I wasn't to impressed. I felt like I was being teased but that's after doing meth for a few years.
I also snorted an OC 80 and got fucked up. That was just a few months ago.
I think different drugs do different things to different people. When I use to iv meth I got the meth cough/burn and so high I would need a min to compose myself where the person I used with never experienced it at all. We did the same dope, same amount and tried it together the first time.

Is this a joke post?

Nobody can get high sniffing 250mg of Cocaine.

If you're sniffing you won't feel anything worthwhile without at least a gram.

Is this a joke post?

Nobody can get high sniffing 250mg of Cocaine.

If you're sniffing you won't feel anything worthwhile without at least a gram.

Is this a joke post?
You are wrong.

I'm not sure if you are serious..

If you need a full g of blow to get high, you have some terrible product bro.

Good product should be felt with far less powder up your nose.

A point line should be more than enough for a newbie to feel, if your coke is worth a shit at all.

I'm not sure if you are serious..

If you need a full g of blow to get high, you have some terrible product bro.

Good product should be felt with far less powder up your nose.

A point line should be more than enough for a newbie to feel, if your coke is worth a shit at all.

I get good product.

I said worthwhile effects, obviously you can feel something after one line but you just want more, with a gram you will have an actual good time and a real euphoria that lasts longer than 10 minutes.

They don't call it the rich man's drug for nothing.

I've never done coke, but from what I've read you need significantly more to get high, even for your first time.

Odds are it's bad coke. Takes a while for most people to start findig good shit you gotta look for it. But the first time I did cocaine I did a half gram and felt nothing I was super pissed. I tried it more and more and began loving it. Many people I know recAll not feeling it there first time. It's a subtle drug at low doses. Definately don't shoot Till you have a strong tolerance. And if ur smart don't shoot it at all, the day I shot coke the first time was the beggining of a whole new chapter in my life an a very hard chapter that I really regret lol

ya if its total crap coke... if its good coke you need the littlest bump. a 20 bag is .3 on average and that breaks out to 4 nice lines so you can get high 4 times bud

I'm 4 months into taking wellbutrin now and coke isnt even worth doing anymore. It diminishes the effects for i would say 5 times. it sucks but its also a good thing

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.