• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Shooting up methylphenidate..

Speed-Newbie

Greenlighter
Hey, fellow Blue-Lighters.. :)

I recently acquired four 36mg Concerta tablets and am wondering the procedure of intravenous administration as well as responsible dosing.

I am well aware that you have to split the tablets in half, crush up the pink and white parts and then swallow the gray time-release bit only if you're really THAT desperate.. 8)

I'm a very experienced IV user so I really don't want or need people telling me about the dangers of intravenous administration as I am very well acquainted with it. I really don't want to put all those binders and fillers up my nose, as well with swallowing 'em since they don't do shit, really..

Basically guys, I'd like to know how much water I should use to dissolve the crushed up MPH as well as one to how much mg's of MPH I should shoot up to catch a good speedy high! :D

Any answers would really be appreciated, guys! -King

^ you do realize it will do more damage to you when you put it into your veins than it will if you snort it

you couldn't figure out how much methylphenidate was in a 36mg concerta pill in another thread, i think stupidity and IV use don't mix well, but hey, thats just my opinion

anywho, use a micron filter, i use an average of 50units

^ you do realize it will do more damage to you when you put it into your veins than it will if you snort it

you couldn't figure out how much methylphenidate was in a 36mg concerta pill in another thread, i think stupidity and IV use don't mix well, but hey, thats just my opinion

anywho, use a micron filter, i use an average of 50units

It really amazes me of how many smart asses their are in this forum.. It also amazes me as to of how much of a loser you are.. You just HAD to edit you're post just so you could de-mean me and make me seem like an idiot compared to you're almighty edited post..

Well thank you mate, you made my day! I'm never going to post anything in this forum because I'll always have the thought in the back of my head that cocks like you are going to ruin my day. -King

I'm not defending anyone, but when you post in a public forum you're going to get people's OPINION. If the thought of reading an opinion that is different than yours is somehow disturbing, you should either not use a public forum or change your expectations therein.

There many other thread about how to use concerta, I'd reccomend using the search feature to find them. As far as I can remember, they're almost unshootable because of all of the time release and binders used. Methylphenidate binders are also the most dangerous type to inject as they collect and cause an emphysema-like condition medically known as "ritalin lung."

As someone else already said, whatever you do, always use micron filters.

It really amazes me of how many smart asses their are in this forum.. It also amazes me as to of how much of a loser you are.. You just HAD to edit you're post just so you could de-mean me and make me seem like an idiot compared to you're almighty edited post..

Well thank you mate, you made my day! I'm never going to post anything in this forum because I'll always have the thought in the back of my head that cocks like you are going to ruin my day. -King

Your: Belonging to you; of you; related to you.
You're: You are.

Perfect example of this site failing to reduce harm. Why not tell the guy how to proceed if you are able to instead of ridiculing him. Can't believe a moderator would justify that first reply when it leads to the exact opposite of what the forum is aiming at.

IV MPH isn't all that anyway. The people who compare it to coke need A NEW COKE CONECTION.

Shooting ritalin, after putting it through a fancy wheel filter which removed everything, still gave an abcess about 2cm deep and 4cm wide that needed surgery. I was hospital for 6 days from that one shot. I got australian ritalin, so maybe thats different.

Careful with ritalin, shoot a tiny small shot, wait a few days. Abcess turns up after a few days and needs to be cut out, very painful. If not you might havea better brand than me.

Shooting ritalin, after putting it through a fancy wheel filter which removed everything, still gave an abcess about 2cm deep and 4cm wide that needed surgery. I was hospital for 6 days from that one shot. I got australian ritalin, so maybe thats different.

Careful with ritalin, shoot a tiny small shot, wait a few days. Abcess turns up after a few days and needs to be cut out, very painful. If not you might havea better brand than me.
Most pathogens will pass the filter's membrane. You'd have to heat your solution and/or desinfect it with something like (a tiny amount of) benzyl alcohol before letting it sit for a week. An autoclave would do the trick, too, I guess. ;) If the substance has a low boiling point, benzyl alcohol would be your first choice I think. Don't take my word for this, I'm not an IV drug user per se...
So your abcess might not have had anything to do with the ingredients in the pill, but the solution having been contaminated.

filter it well. i'd start with approx. 20mg. i don't recommend this, like coke the high will be around 15min. and after the only thing you'll want is to slam more.

have large amounts of benzos or some seroquel around for when you have no more methylphenidate.

as its been said, shooting this is dangerous. but i'm not your mother so i'm not going to give you shit about it.

Hi there, I am another person with a needle fixation.... I had been clean from everything for a couple months and bam, I got a script for ritalin 10mgs. For the past ten days I have been shooting 40mgs a day one day i shot 12 10mg tabs.... (yes i use micron filten, new needles 29g and dont heat it). A couple of days ago I started a very nasty cough and my chest (and back) hurt...so I came here and was apalled by everyone saying how bad iving rit is for you. What I want to ask is shooting 41-to 60 pills (in total) enough to cause damage to my lungs or have talcosis??? I also have one small hard lump where I injected once (no pain or redness though) Ive stopped and will just eat them from now on..
Any feedback???
btw I know it was an idiotic thing to do : )

Hi there, I am another person with a needle fixation.... I had been clean from everything for a couple months and bam, I got a script for ritalin 10mgs. For the past ten days I have been shooting 40mgs a day one day i shot 12 10mg tabs.... (yes i use micron filten, new needles 29g and dont heat it). A couple of days ago I started a very nasty cough and my chest (and back) hurt...so I came here and was apalled by everyone saying how bad iving rit is for you. What I want to ask is shooting 41-to 60 pills (in total) enough to cause damage to my lungs or have talcosis??? I also have one small hard lump where I injected once (no pain or redness though) Ive stopped and will just eat them from now on..
Any feedback???
btw I know it was an idiotic thing to do : )

theres really no answer to this i dont think. It's just like a lottery (except "winning" is ruining yourself) when you shoot binders. Im sure it's possible that youre damaged from that. But there are are people around who have been doing far more stupid shit for decades and they are ok (or appear so).

Wowwww.

I've never flat-out insulted anybody anywhere on Bluelight before (hell, I've not even come anywhere close to flat-out insulting anybody on Bluelight)... But, goddamn, that kid's a dumbfuck.

Perfect example of this site failing to reduce harm. Why not tell the guy how to proceed if you are able to instead of ridiculing him. Can't believe a moderator would justify that first reply when it leads to the exact opposite of what the forum is aiming at.

People tried to tell that guy the safe way to proceed... Well, at the very least they made it clear to the OPer how UNSAFE what they were planning on doing was...

well you asked for it by making stupid statements=D

snorting binders is less dangerous than pumping them into your veins

People tried to tell that guy the safe way to proceed... Well, at the very least they made it clear to the OPer how UNSAFE what they were planning on doing was...
I don't see anyone here explaining the poor guy the safe way to proceed. He'd have been best off with a clean extraction of the active ingredient (Methylphenidate). Instead he either proceeded to shoot the pill with all kinds of binders or snorted it (which I strongly doubt).
Not only did he not get any information from us bluelighters, but also did he get insulted.

If anyone is actually interested in this guy's health at all (or in the image of these forums), they should try to advise this guy with as little judgement as possible in their post, in order for the thread starter to accept the advice.
What has happened here will only scare him away from harm reduction sites and especially from bluelight, back to his friends who are most likely iv users with just as much medical and chemical understanding as this guy.

I will probably sound like an anal dick, but imho sanctions should be imposed for this sort of behaviour.

Aside from that, I totally disagree with what Dokomo said.
A) Insulting a forum newbie who is about to put himself into danger has little to do with the expression of an opinion.
B) While I'm all for expressing opinions... Claiming that shooting pills is more harmful than shooting powder scored off the street is complete and utter bullshit and I've seen it being said too many times on this site.

Street powder: UNKNOWN cuts
XR Pill: KNOWN cuts

I'm not familiar with the exact binders/fillers and time release formulas there are for time released ritalin, but the gelling up of pills can actually be avoided. I'm quite certain that a few simple steps with easy to acquire household chemicals will take the IV solution to a purity close to medical grade solution, even if the procedures are performed by imbeciles assuming that proper instructions are supplied to them.
But obviously, noone here is able to know (let alone understand) the actual procedures, so instead we just go ahead and be a dick towards that guy.

Actually, we have very likely decreased this guy's life expectancy by another couple of years plus we ruined his day back then (which he had the courage to admit which demonstrates more character than some other posters here seem to possess). Anyway, good job guys!! Harm reduction, way to go!

God the ignorance, the fucking ignorance in this world even at a place like this. The worst part is that instead of anyone even admitting any mistakes made whatsoever, I'm about to either get ridiculed or insulted or at least ignored.