• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Intensely burning, swollen arm after shooting Tar

Status
Not open for further replies.

organparty

Greenlighter
I have searched the web inceasantly, traveled to the ends of cyberspace trying to find a single consistant answer to this, and seem to get all different answers from everyone.
This has happened to me a few times before, too, so i'm not freaked out by a first time occurance.
After shooting, usually in my wrist or hand, my arm has swelled up and a terrible hell-fire races through my hand and forearm. The intense burning only lasts a few minutes, but it stays swollen for an hour or so.

I use a cotton filter, always make sure I get blood in the syringe before pushing the plunger, and know it can't be an allergic reaction, because the last time this happened, I had already done two or three shots of the same batch, just hours before, and didn't have any problem with swelling or burning.

This also has happened with china white, dirty powder dope, and black tar from as far north as Canada and as far south as Mexico.(most recently with the Tar, and for the first time with tar after using tar for about a month.)
Any insight as to what this really might be?

I have searched the web inceasantly, traveled to the ends of cyberspace trying to find a single consistant answer to this, and seem to get all different answers from everyone.
This has happened to me a few times before, too, so i'm not freaked out by a first time occurance.
After shooting, usually in my wrist or hand, my arm has swelled up and a terrible hell-fire races through my hand and forearm. The intense burning only lasts a few minutes, but it stays swollen for an hour or so.

I use a cotton filter, always make sure I get blood in the syringe before pushing the plunger, and know it can't be an allergic reaction, because the last time this happened, I had already done two or three shots of the same batch, just hours before, and didn't have any problem with swelling or burning.

This also has happened with china white, dirty powder dope, and black tar from as far north as Canada and as far south as Mexico.(most recently with the Tar, and for the first time with tar after using tar for about a month.)
Any insight as to what this really might be?

Are you sure you're not hitting an artery? Ita easy to do in the hand (and is a pretty easy way to lose a hand.)

If not, it's likely that you're allergic to some cut or adulterant (allergic reactions don't occur the first time you're exposed to something, only after your body has had time to make antibodies.)

Are you loosening the tourniquet before you inject?

I've had similar situations when shooting black, and if I didn't loosen the tie before I slammed I'd get a mild burning sensation. I'd have intense pressure at the site as well, but I attribute that to the thick consistency of the tar.

Careful if you're shooting in the wrist. There are much safer areas to use.

holy hell, i hope to god i'm not hitting an artery... I don't thinking i am though, since the blood when i draw back is super dark, and blood in the arteries are more bright, lighter red.
In the past, i've used the same vein that i last used that caused the swelling this last time with no problems. (the vein is that big vein on the top inside of the wrist that runs out from the thumb.)

What immediately happens if you hit an artery and you're in such bad shape that you're about to lose a hand?

Are you loosening the tourniquet before you inject?

I've had similar situations when shooting black, and if I didn't loosen the tie before I slammed I'd get a mild burning sensation. I'd have intense pressure at the site as well, but I attribute that to the thick consistency of the tar.

Careful if you're shooting in the wrist. There are much safer areas to use.

Come to think of it, I didn't loosen my tie before injecting. I often do not, actually, because I usually don't have problems.

as far as going in the wrist, my usual entry sites have been a bit difficult lately.
Probably a sign to take a rest rather than take a gamble though.

p.s., i'm still trying to figure the bluelight format out, so if something turns up screwy, i apologize. I'll admit I'm not too internet savy.

I'm not sure, it sounds like a reaction maybe, or maybe a missed shot, I've registered successfuly then push down then it burs and gets swollen

You may find this helpful:

http://bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=462022

Typically, if you hit an artery, you will have extreme pain and alot of bleeding at the site, with possibly some pressure pushing your plunger out....believe it or not, sometimes it is more subtle than one would imagine...and shooting in the wrists is really taking a chance! You really need to find a safer site, IMO.

It also could be a reaction.

I think you may have accidentally jostled the needle and either stabbed completely through your vein or the needle slipped out. I have taken shots a handful of times over the years that burned and swelled up like a missed shot, even after I registered blood in the barrel. Sometimes it takes a surgeon's touch to get a shot in every single time...are you shooting up while in withdrawal? What I mean is, while injecting, are you suffering from tremors or weakness, or anything else that may fuck up your technique? If you are dopesick, snort (or with tar, smoke) a small amount before getting your big fix. Calm your nerves a little, dig it?

could be the tar had a lot of morphine in it and you're not used to that. or could be you accidently fell out of the vein after registering. it happens a lot on wrists if you're not used to it.

before you tie off and shoot, run your hand under warm water for a bit and get those veins poppin'. also when you push the plunger and it stings, re-register, and then if nothing pull the needle back and it'll flash with more blood when you're back in.

be careful, missed shots in the wrist hurt and swell up big time.

I'm new to tar as well but from what my Jedi master has told me, if you miss the shot, even a little bit, it will hurt like hell and discolor the area.

Ive shot several times and am as careful as possible to be sure ive registered, but you know how it is. I push down on the plunger as slowly as possible at first, so if I'm not in the vein I'll know it before I inject too much and, sure enough, it happened tonight.

Although I did register, as i pushed down the plunger I felt the telltale burning sensation. Mind you I was pushing so slow it could not have been more than a quarter unit, basically a few drops, but that was all it took (this was also a VERY potent shot, a ball and a half of tar in one syringe).

Anyway, I pulled out immediately and, despite the burning, was fine. The swelling was minor and no discoloration (probably because I really did only inject a few drops).

So be sure you push down as slowly as you can. As long as the first unit or two go in fine, you should be good to inject the rest at your normal rate.

What's interesting is that after I pulled out and tended to my arm, I tried again in another spot, registered and this time injected successfully. But at the tail end of the shot, I felt a burning again, like my vein itself was burning up! I think the shot was just too potent, so I stopped a unit or 2 shy of the entire shot.

Just listen to your body. No matter how badly you want to get night, no matter how crazy your withdrawal is, if something hurts stop immediately.

hi i had only read a few replies and the OP so if this has already been said take with a grain of salt. You may want to double check your technique and make sure the bevel or end of the syringe is lying with its sharpest point down. when you insert it you are safeguarding yourself from being "half in half out" of a vein which would trick you into thinking you registered but shooting 50% of your substance into your veins and the other 50% into tissue, also, loosen that tourniquet.

Even money says even though you drew back blood and then moved it a tiny bit and it popped out and you missed. I have missed in the crook of my elbow before and got a little in and all of a sudden my hand gets red hot and swollen, leaving the question if I just missed how the fuck did it travel down my arm and get into my hand in a second?

^Artery shot. They are not always life threatening, but you still got lucky.

same thing Happened to me yesterday i shot on the inside of me arm where my elbow is and got a good register as soon as the plunger hit the bottom i got this burning sensation that rush from the site all the way down toy hand and immidiately my arm from the site down began to swell and i got hives all over ny arm. I could feel it in my hand the most and my arm stayec swollen for about 2 hours

Ive had a similar thing happen to me from shooting tar in my lower forearm. I registered blood before i shot. Got a rush too, but it seemed possible that the vein became leaky, because it burned and swelled up. So basically yo might "have missed a little."

Come to think of it, I didn't loosen my tie before injecting. I often do not, actually, because I usually don't have problems.

as far as going in the wrist, my usual entry sites have been a bit difficult lately.
Probably a sign to take a rest rather than take a gamble though.

p.s., i'm still trying to figure the bluelight format out, so if something turns up screwy, i apologize. I'll admit I'm not too internet savy.

I might be able to add a helpful answer: This has happened to me a couple times, once in my wrist and now my forearm area. They hurt like hell!!! The one that happened in my wrist swelled up my whole hand, to where I couldn't make a fist without it hurting like a mother fucker! The one I have now, which is on my forearm area, swelled up my whole arm. It was fine up until yest. A big bump with little pain only when I messed with it. I got the bright idea of trying to releive it by digging it with a knife (horrible idea I had, just leave it alone). When I woke up this morning, my whole entire forearm was swelled, hurt to extend it even just simply standing up would hurt badly, felt like huge pressure. So just about an hour ago I said F' it and try to lance it. And God Dang! It was spraying! No joke like 3ft! I wouldn't just push on the sight of the bump, I'd go to where the swelling ended and Tryed to slide the swelling to the actual site, it work. It relieved a lot of pressure which equates to less pain... Here's to the question of this post: Both of these horrible feeling wounds was from missing when shooting up H. I know u saw blood register in ur point, but you know how pesky these F'ers can be. It probably slid just enough to not be in fully and shot into your muscle or bottom layers of skin.. Happeneds quite often actually, after it heals there'll be a hard feeling thing there for awhile.... So Don't mess with it and you should be good.. If it goes beyond it just being hurting bump with swelling where it puts the limb out of commission. Go see a doctor. And tell him exactly what had happened. When you relieve, if you do, I suggest you don't. When it starts gushing\spraying out blood and puss, if the puss is green, you'll definitely need to go to the doctor, cause the green is like the very bad kind of puss. Usually related to staph (Mrsa). My puss was just really thick with blood, no intense colors. Google the images of Mrsa (staph) if it looks similar in anyway, go to the doc! Mrsa is very contagious and very deadly! I'm one not to go to the docs, haha obviously cause I tryed to lance/relieve the pressure in my arm. You could eventually ignoring the swelling could end up becoming an amputee. (Loosing my arm, for my instance)....
Ps I always release my strap when I shoot up as well, you'll get a whole bunch vein pressure if your tied off for too long.. I hope my post helped out in any way, if it helped just one person that's well worth it for me to inform. Don't forget, you don't have to be an injecter all my homies including me smoke H, grab yourself some foil-lighter-straw; h tard up upon the top side of the foil, light it on the bottom, follow the h with the lighter underneath as the h moves, with the straw follow behind it inhaling all the smoke, hold it in as long as u can haha treat it like it's gold. Well I hope you guys evade the cops (Fuck Da Police) any snitches, may your sacks be fat and your money come quick. Be safe as well, peace guys ✌. FDP all day every day! Feel me! ???

Last edited:
holy hell, i hope to god i'm not hitting an artery... I don't thinking i am though, since the blood when i draw back is super dark, and blood in the arteries are more bright, lighter red.
In the past, i've used the same vein that i last used that caused the swelling this last time with no problems. (the vein is that big vein on the top inside of the wrist that runs out from the thumb.)

What immediately happens if you hit an artery and you're in such bad shape that you're about to lose a hand?

Your problem, if it isn't an artery, is that you've been tied off for too long, you'll notice like all your veins bullagen out.. That means there's waayy too much blood pressure in that cut off portion of your arm.. That's why it might shoot it the needle way quick with that deep redness, when that happeneds and you know your still in the vein, let off of your tie, completely. Shoot your shit up, and let the needle just chill for a second (drugs already injected by now) let ur point just chill for a few seconds or so, then go ahead... I've had those little bump type rashes after shooting up properly, I think it's due to the fact either too much blood pressure or not in all the way-spraying out a little H. Or maybe when u pull it out there could be some left in the tip which the blood hasn't taken h through the veins yet..... That's why I take the tie off, off, after I've registered the blood and let the needle chill for a lil in the vein before takin out my point (needle)

I know this is old but for the next person, This is without question hitting an artery! It is the most painful experience feeling ever! Years ago swim hit the one a few inches down from your thumb back to back on both hands!!!! It feels as tho your hand is on fire and will swell. How to avoid it is look at the color of blood. It's bright red. And there must be a chart online showing the arteries. The swelling will last a day or so.....be careful! I'm sure whom ever's reading this will avoid this again! Take care and be safe XO

Status
Not open for further replies.