Penalty for giving false ID to Police officer

MyNameIs.Mia

Greenlighter
Iam on probation in PA and was pulled over while on vacation in Maryland OC... In my posession they found 80 $ and a small small pod of marijuana (smaller than my baby toenail) they also took my tweezers as paraphanelia i dont know why, but it was definitly not used for anything drug related.... the car i was driving was registered under my friends name and it was not stollen just borrowed... I gave them someone elses information,my sisters, because i got scared for being in another state because i'm on probation.... now, the person whose name i used.... found out and reported me.... what is going to happen to me??? My name was never given....and it occured in another state

SInce it's in another state, will i just have a warrent in that state or will they find me?? what should i do.... i cant afford another charge i dunno if i should just ignore it or what....

please only answers if u know or have went through something similar i dont wana get more upset with false information or hearsay

thanks guys, i can alsways depend on BLUELIGHT

^^This.

I'd say your trip to Italy should be postponed. If you get in trouble or fail to appear for any of your court dates, a bench warrant can and would be issued. Giving false information to a police officer is a serious offense.

My informal advice would be to stop using and get your head together to the point you can talk to a lawyer. I don't intend to offend you, but you need to regain control. There is very little that cannot be handled with proper communication and legal advice - which I suggest you seek sooner rather than later.

Hang in there, lady - keep your head up and talk to a qualified criminal defense attorney. Quickly.

I'm a little confused by your post.

1. Why were you pulled over and why was your car searched?

2. When they asked you for ID did you tell them that you didn't have any but here's my "name and address."

3. Did you receive a summons to appear in court?

4. How did your friend find out? Did she receive a summons in the mail or something?

You have got to come clean on this--it's a major offense. No trips to Italy. If you did this to me, we would no longer be friends and I would turn you in to the police if you wouldn't turn yourself in. Sounds harsh, but now she has a drug charge against her because of you.

I'd run it on the spot, beat your your ass and add

(2) Everyone commits an offence who transmits, makes available, distributes, sells or offers for sale another person’s identity information, or has it in their possession for any of those purposes, knowing that or being reckless as to whether the information will be used to commit an indictable offence that includes fraud, deceit or falsehood as an element of the offence.

Clarification

(3) For the purposes of subsections (1) and (2), an indictable offence referred to in either of those subsections includes an offence under any of the following sections:
(a) section 57 (forgery of or uttering forged passport);
(b) section 58 (fraudulent use of certificate of citizenship);
(c) section 130 (personating peace officer);
(d) section 131 (perjury);
(e) section 342 (theft, forgery, etc., of credit card);
(f) section 362 (false pretence or false statement);
(g) section 366 (forgery);
(h) section 368 (use, trafficking or possession of forged document);
(i) section 380 (fraud); and
(j) section 403 (identity fraud).

Jurisdiction

(4) An accused who is charged with an offence under subsection (1) or (2) may be tried and punished by any court having jurisdiction to try that offence in the place where the offence is alleged to have been committed or in the place where the accused is found, is arrested or is in custody. However, no proceeding in respect of the offence shall be commenced in a province without the consent of the Attorney General of that province if the offence is alleged to have been committed outside that province.

Punishment

(5) Everyone who commits an offence under subsection (1) or (2)
(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term of not more than five years; or
(b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.

2009, c. 28, s. 10.

Identity fraud
403. (1) Everyone commits an offence who fraudulently personates another person, living or dead,
(a) with intent to gain advantage for themselves or another person;
(b) with intent to obtain any property or an interest in any property;
(c) with intent to cause disadvantage to the person being personated or another person; or
(d) with intent to avoid arrest or prosecution or to obstruct, pervert or defeat the course of justice.

Clarification

(2) For the purposes of subsection (1), personating a person includes pretending to be the person or using the person’s identity information — whether by itself or in combination with identity information pertaining to any person — as if it pertains to the person using it.

Punishment

(3) Everyone who commits an offence under subsection (1)
(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term of not more than 10 years; or
(b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.

R.S., 1985, c. C-46, s. 403; 1994, c. 44, s. 27; 2009, c. 28, s. 10.

the 368, 362, 380 and 403 hits on your synopsis

^ What state or country is this cite from, rangrz? Can you provide a link? Thanks. :)

I think how much trouble you could have coming depends on exactly where you are located in the country, and how much money you have for attorney. I don't think the charge would cost much for the lawyer to handle, and consultation are free. Talk to three different attorneys and ask friends if they can recommend any. I was recommended the same lawyer by 3 friends and I used him three times. Each time the case was dropped.

SO like Johnny1 said, where are you?

Iam on probation in PA and was pulled over while on vacation in Maryland ... I gave them someone elses information,my sisters, because i got scared for being in another state because i'm on probation.... now, the person whose name i used.... found out and reported me.... what is going to happen to me??? My name was never given....and it occured in another state

SInce it's in another state, will i just have a warrent in that state or will they find me?? what should i do.... i cant afford another charge i dunno if i should just ignore it or what....

Ok, so your sister reported you ... to whom? Your Probation Officer / the local DA? (is your Probation Supervised or just to the Court/Judge?)
To the Maryland police department?
What do you mean "my name was never given?" Did you receive a citation in your sister's name as a result of the traffic stop?

Without answering those, we can't help you at all.
All that said, the warrant (if any) would be in Maryland, as your alleged offense of Giving False Information (whatever its called over there) occured in Maryland.
The only potential problem you'd face in Pennsylvania would be a Probation Violation accusation, and that would depend on your PO, or the DA / Court being made aware of what occured in Maryland.

Giving False Info is a Misdemeanor in my state, not a 'serious' offense, but enough for a warrant and a headache to be sure.