View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD/Psychedelic Potentiation?

psilocybonaut

Bluelighter
Are there any compounds that specifically potentiate the effects of LSD? I heard one time that mixing MAOIs with LSD increases its effects. Is this true? And are there any other ways in general to amplify the effects of psychedelics (besides more psychedelics)?

Pharmaceutically or psychologically, either - also what specific methods of introspection/meditation/exercise work best for you in increasing the effects of psychedelics? (pranic breathing, meditating on something specific, etc.) Explain, if possible.

And are there any other ways in general to amplify the effects of psychedelics (besides more psychedelics)?

I was gonna say Mairjuana, but yeah. :)

Pharmaceutically or psychologically, either - also what specific methods of introspection/meditation/exercise work best for you in increasing the effects of psychedelics? (pranic breathing, meditating on something specific, etc.) Explain, if possible.

To amplify in what manner? I'm assuming your talking about cognitively and not visuals. I've dosed under sensory deprivation conditions, it did make the introspection alot more intense.. as your mind has no external influence's directing its thought.

If your well attuned to the practice of deep meditation it can amplify the sensation of 'being' that is, awareness without individual self. Although, unless you have had success with deep meditation while sober it will be extremely difficult while under the influence of a psychedelic.

Other then that, im not sure.. those have been my own experience's and experiments that proved successful.

MAOIs may work somewhat, but MAOI potentiation of drugs of unknown purity/origins is always at least somewhat ill advised. I'm pretty sure the vitamin C thing is a myth, or at least has no currently understood pharmalogical action. However, if you really think it will work, it may. The placebo effect is still an effect.

Sensory deprivation and focused meditation work quite well, IME, in both the visual & introspection dept.

Dunno if it really counts as potentiation, but N2O is pretty gnarly while on LSD. Grapefruit juice potentiates some drugs, but I don't think there's any info on using it to potentiate LSD. It inhibits a liver enzyme involved in metabolism of most opiates and some amphetamines, IIRC.

Changa might be worth looking into as the MAO inhibition via that route would be shorter lived than with oral, but that's still more psychedelics.

cannabis. that is ALL you need, trust me.
take 3 hits of acid and in the midst of the mindfuck mansion, hit 3 bongs in a row.

let me know how good it was :)

I don't think MAOI's substantially increase LSD's effects. IVing LSD doesn't increase the intensity, only the speed of onset.

Some people claim that piracetam potentiates psychedelics, but usually not in a desirable way. Though it's an MAOI (MAO-B only), seliguline is said to increase the effects of phenethylamines, though seliguline is non-reversible and therefore it's easy to forgot you took it and then do something like cocaine a few days later and kill yourself.

ketamine also potntiates it quite a bit.
though i think its actually more of a synergy.

nootropics maybe?
piracetam?
or hydergine (which is also an ergoloid)

I didn't read all of the replies and someone probably said it but smoking herb gives synergy or potentates LSD and other psychedelics.

If herb makes you paranoid, anxious, gives you horrible panic attacks or you don't like combining herb with certain psychedelics avoid it.

Speed (or caffeine, or synephrine... anything that increases the rate of neural firing.) I had some of my most intense and visual trips combing good clean LSD with moderate sized orally doses of crystal meth. Really amped up the colors and other visuals, as well as the euphoria and mind-voyaging.

Just don't overdo it... medium to low doses only. Oral is best due to duration. (AVOID benzos or anything like that... they turn a trip DOWN or OFF.)

And yes, DEFINITELY herb in the mix will give it a major boost as well. But not too much... that will DULL the mind and become counterproductive.

ketamine also potntiates it quite a bit.
though i think its actually more of a synergy.

nootropics maybe?
piracetam?
or hydergine (which is also an ergoloid)

Yeah there's a thin line between where something potentiates and where it synergizes, but at low doses of dxm, it pretty much just brings out the qualities of the 2c's or tryptamines for me. After a certain point, it definitely synergizes and becomes a whole other thing if you take the dxm dose into the high 2nd or 3rd plateau areas...

also, re: piracetam...I've noticed what seemed to me to be a boost in activity for both methylone and 5-meo-dalt when I pre-loaded with piracetam about an hour and a half prior. It might have been placebo, but the effects did seem more pronounced and apparent than usual.