• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Ethylphenidate

what about a derivative of mdpv, ethylenedioxypyrovalerone (methyl swapped for ethyl).. with the same process by combining alcohol+ mdpv+ transesterification? I can find no assays, journals, or anything on it. Possible?

what about a derivative of mdpv, ethylenedioxypyrovalerone (methyl swapped for ethyl).. with the same process by combining alcohol+ mdpv+ transesterification? I can find no assays, journals, or anything on it. Possible?

MDPV doesn't actually have any methyl group; EDPV would be putting that ethylene on the other side of the benzene ring, where it won't do much, I think. I think the cool mod on MDPV, or methylphenidate for that matter, would be turning the benzodioxole ring into a benzofuran or an indole, and you might gain some SERT affinity (like cocaine) without the hepatotoxicity of the napthalenes. Triple reuptake inhibitors are usually more fun than NDRIs unless you're going strictly for sexual enhancement.

to any grey market chemists/sellers out there... if you can, make dextroethylphenidate... dextromethylphenidate (namebrand: focalin) is so superior to racemic that its ridiculous.

Does ritalinic acid have any activity itself?

No, not a sausage

if you can, make dextroethylphenidate

Too much work when the racaemic compound is active. I've only ever seen one drug that was an optical isomer that was produced illicitly: S-ketamine. If it was easy to separate optical isomers, don't you think all the people involved in making MDA would separate the two and only N-methylate the S-isomer?

Last edited:
the desoxypipradrol analogs with the quinuclidine ring and the N-Me-piperidine ring are more potent accordingly

Are they? It's the first I've heard about it. With heterocyclics, the rule of thumb seems to be the secondary amine is the most potent (compare phenmetrazine with phendimetrazine)

^^^
I'm glad someone challenged that as i was not 100% certain, but yes according to at least one source they are - i believe i got it from the international symposium on amphetamines and related compounds book but i will have to double check when i return to the US. also direct comparison is difficult as many of these compounds incorporate a hydroxyl group to facilitate excretion but that also reduces potency etc etc. i am relatively certain that desoxy-SCH-5472 would be more potent than desoxypipradrol.

Artwork

attachment.php

Attachments

• ethylphenidate.jpg
    ethylphenidate.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 3,858
Too much work when the racaemic compound is active. I've only ever seen one drug that was an optical isomer that was produced illicitly: S-ketamine. If it was easy to separate optical isomers, don't you think all the people involved in making MDA would separate the two and only N-methylate the S-isomer?

yeah, i'm aware. the chemistry involved or the cost of the specific optical precursors wouldn't be worth it when most grey market stimulant users will put just about anything into their bodies. i'm just still hoping that someday someone will start producing/selling superior products just on the principal of it. :)

dexmethylphenidate is sooo much better than racemic though. all of you ritalin users are seriously missing out if you've never tried the dextro isomer.

p.s. i miss your old avatar :)

^^^
unfortunately i agree, d-MPH is far superior to racemic MPH. it is one of the cleanest stimulant medications i have ever tried - what a shame focalin costs 10x-20x the price of generic ritalin

instant release focalin is generic now. but they always try to push focalin XR, which is still under patent.

Just out of curiosity, is there an obvious reason that this stuff isn't in wide release? I mean, it's a clear analogue, but so are ethcathinone and the fluoroamphetamines, and those are easy to obtain. Plus I would think its association with methylphenidate would give it massive brand recognition out of the gate, which is something that most of the recent novel stimulants have lacked. And someone on the last page said it was easy to synth. So what gives?

Incidentally I'd very much like to see a trip report from the OP.

weaker - but MPH is still stronger than amphetamine by weight and the reduction in potency is not enormous - EPH will still show activity at 20mg (I would imagine). Holy cow posted about trials with SCH-5472 but did not provide much detailed information regarding the subjective effects - if anyone is in contact with him perhaps he could answer the question about the potency of tertiary amines...

^ not if you eat it, methylphenidate and presumably ethylphenidate is subject to extensive 1st pass metabolism (80-90 %), most of it being metabolized before it gets anywhere near the limbic system

A little sidenote

The desoxy derivative with a phenyl group replaced by an n-propyl group is equally potent but has a shorter half life (still horribly long though). Turn the propyl into a methoxymethyl group and you have a much shorter half life as the methoxy group is more easily metabolically dealt with. Notice the similarity to methylphenidate; a chain three atoms long attached to the benzyl carbon of 2-benzylpiperidine. Another good candidate would be 1-phenyl-1-(2-piperidyl)-2-butanone, matching MPH's carboxylic group

Last edited:
very interesting. so the first analog you describe would retain the piperidine ring and loose one phenyl in place of an N-propyl - giving it two nitrogens?

^^^
ah thanks for the clarification. back to the topic of this thread, very much to my surprise i recently received a sample of what i believe to be EPH freebase in the form of slightly hygroscopic white powder featuring a small verdigris streak of what i can only guess is aspergillus mold. i am certainly in no rush to bioassay even the smallest quantity of this mystery powder but i may be lucky enough to gain access to analytical equipment before the end of next week - if that is the case i will post the results of the analysis here.

EDIT: its times like these i wish i just had the fucking marquis reagent as samples of d,l-MPH HCl are in no short supply - assuming the excipients would not drastically alter the reaction...

Last edited:
Can you run a TLC against methylphenidate in the meantime? They should have pretty similar Rf values.

unfortunately i cannot, i keep trying to think of really rudimentary ways to figure out what the powder is in the meantime. i was hoping i could find some literature on antifungal activity of 2-Benzylpiperidine derivatives but, alas, such literature does not exist. i found a patent which describes MPH freebase as an oil - can anyone think of a reason EPH freebase would not be as well? what i have could potentially be described as an oily powder...but not an oil.