• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Ethylphenidate

Well i got myself some Ethylphenidate to try,very white hard powder.First i did 30mg sublingual,tatse wasn`t so bad,mouth went very cool and numb like,first alert was after 15mins,slight mental stimulation.I then insufflated 20mg,my nostril went cold and numb like when using Ketamine,stimulation was increased and now could feel slight physical effects.

Two hours later i did 100mg sublingual,not much more stimulation than before.Conclusion is that Ethylphenidate is very weak and not that great,it feels clean but nothing to really write home about.

I tried 90mg sublingual and it was amazing and lasted longer than thought that either means it hs a smooth come down or a duration for 3+ hours). I wonder what the bioavial on the different routes; i'll look up methylphenidates

I tend to disagree with the users above that aren't enjoying it? have you tried different sources? do you like/dislike methylphenidate? different rroutes of admin? Or is methamphetamine that much better if i I were to use each ROA?

I have heard positive results on 50-100mg intranasal doses on a reliable sources ethylphenidate, am yet to try it personally though.

I have heard positive results on 50-100mg intranasal doses on a reliable sources ethylphenidate, am yet to try it personally though.

I was experimenting with Ethylphenidate HCL from a reputable source, and after 100mg I started to get chest pains. I found this thread looking to see if anyone else experienced that. I'm terrified to touch more than 10-20mg at this point.

It has some heart issues, but not as bad as MDPV. I find when I add some ethylphenidate after taking amphetamine my heart beats get harder.

Being young and relatively healthy though, I don't get chest pains from it. If you get chest pains, yeah, back off, and don't try MDPV.

It has some heart issues, but not as bad as MDPV. I find when I add some ethylphenidate after taking amphetamine my heart beats get harder.

Being young and relatively healthy though, I don't get chest pains from it. If you get chest pains, yeah, back off, and don't try MDPV.

I later found out I did way more than I thought- my instruments were miscalibrated. I probably did lines of 60-100mg for each hour, four hours in a row. It was also my first time using anything in months. It was no wonder I started feeling uncomfortable. I just needed to know if it was a known side effect or something; which it is- but my problem was I had no idea how much I was actually doing. It wasn't the drugs fault, it was mine; I own that mistake.

But we're in total agreement: When in doubt back the fuck off and reassess what you're doing.

PS: MDPV binges are the best! Everything is so fucking extreme! 8o

I'm going to throw this out there for anyone who's going to start playing with Ethyl: Whatever your ROA, start with 20-40mg and redose every 45-80 minutes with 10-20mg. You will feel the rush wear out if you miss that window and it will be hard to go up again. Drink TONs of water, like have a glass next to you at all times, and consider having chapstick handy if you're going into public. (Trust me.) I think this is a safe way to give a first time user a good feel for what they're dealing with, and aid in knowing how and when to take it without fucking up and freaking out like I did.

Last edited:
I thought ethylphenidate was okay but not preferred over methylphenidate, neither regarding recreational or euphoric effects nor as a study aid. Also as is pretty much established it is weaker than MPH, with MPH about 10 mg can get you somewhere useful IME and with 20 mg it starts to be euphoric/recreational. But with EPH, I ingested tens of milligrams, easily 50+ mg in a session IIRC.
I do think MPH synergizes great with alcohol. The interaction that forms ethylphenidate plays a role but I hear that becomes significant at larger doses (similar to in vivo MDMA to MDA conversion needing a fair dose to get above thresholds), nevertheless I really like it. Not sure if EPH together with alcohol would be equally fantastic.

Hate to burst your bubble Soli, but as far as I know only laevo-methylphenidate (the less-active one) is transesterified to ethylphenidate in vivo.

Are you saying Ritalin / generic pharmaceutical methylphenidate is not the racemate but the dextro enantiomer? In any case I never said I had pharmaceutical MPH though I am not sure there is any illicit / clandestine MPH powder around anywhere.

To sum up, I don't know what bubble you are talking about, care to elaborate?

I thought ethylphenidate was okay but not preferred over methylphenidate, neither regarding recreational or euphoric effects nor as a study aid. Also as is pretty much established it is weaker than MPH, with MPH about 10 mg can get you somewhere useful IME and with 20 mg it starts to be euphoric/recreational. But with EPH, I ingested tens of milligrams, easily 50+ mg in a session IIRC.
I do think MPH synergizes great with alcohol. The interaction that forms ethylphenidate plays a role but I hear that becomes significant at larger doses (similar to in vivo MDMA to MDA conversion needing a fair dose to get above thresholds), nevertheless I really like it. Not sure if EPH together with alcohol would be equally fantastic.

EPH should be preferable to MPH except in the dosage factor. It has a higher affinity for the DAT than the NET. It's just the IC50 level is higher, but the ratio is more favourable.

Ritalin is the racemate, yes. What I am saying is that mixing methylphenidate and alcohol is not equivalent to taking ethylphenidate because the transesterification doesn't happen on the correct isomer.

d-methylphenidate is the active one. l-methylphenidate is less active and is the one that is trans-esterified. So any pleasant effects from a MPH+alcohol trip shouldn't be atrributed to ethylphenidate.

d-methylphenidate is the active one. l-methylphenidate is less active and is the one that is trans-esterified. So any pleasant effects from a MPH+alcohol trip shouldn't be atrributed to ethylphenidate.

Cool thanks. This has ruled ethylphenidate out of my want to try drug list.

Carry on...

^ Well, it's ruled Methylphenidate + Alcohol off your list. I don't think in vivo produced chemical is a good representation.

Pure d/l-ethylphenidate is quite different than a mix of methylphenidate, alcohol, and in vivo produced l-ethylphenidate.

As to EPH, like most stims, clean while high, not so clean a short while later. I was having chest pains and a pulse of ~120bpm just sitting typing a message. Slow breathing and patience has made it pass and with 4am approaching I'm starting to fade. The physical effects are still all there; high pulse (not worrying like before), jaw clench, perspiration, dilated pupils so sleep might not come as smoothly as last's nights EPH experience which pales in comparison to this one. I got a lot done and had a good time. :)

In terms of HR and relaying concerns to be aware of: I never get chest pains/tachycardia with amphetamines or empathogens. RC DRI's seem to be the primary culprit. MDPV has this in spades and EPH does too. It should be noted amphetamine (10mg lunch + 15mg dinner, all oral) previously taken during the day could have possibly exacerbated the effect. EPH was nasally dosed, A bit less than 50mg divided in 3 doses about an hour or two apart.

The psychological effects were great but past peak, cardiovascular symptoms were of concern. Interested if this effect also follows with methylphenidate. As in, do I have an idiosyncratic reaction to the DRI class, or is ethylphenidate a research chemical in need of more research?

This isn't the first time I've had tachycardia while using little known stimulants. I'm going to get a few beta-blockers to keep on hand for future situations. Just knowing that I had a remedy available would have reduced anxiety.

I find the effects of ethylphenidate qualitatively very close to methylphenidate.

I have been using methylphenidate recreationally and for study purposes for some years now and I am very familiar with the effects. I must say that if I didn't know which one of the two I was taking I would find the effects very difficult to discern from each other.

However, as stated before, the dose of ethyl. needed is higher than the dose of methyl. to achieve similar effects.

Insuflating 10mg of ethyl. did almost nothing, and 20mg got me to a similar point where 10mg of methyl. would of taken me, which is more or less the effects I'm looking for when taking any of these two substances. I see that throughout this board there are a lot of opinions regarding how potent ethyl. is in comparison to methyl. and we don't seem to get to a conclusion.

I recommend dosing orally instead of intranasally if you want to use it as study aid. If it was me, I would start with 15-20mg and try to adjust the correct dose from there, but I am sure many people will differ from me in this.
However I really doubt it's a good idea using it on a daily basis. We would be talking about tolerance building up and things which are not worth it if you just want it for studying. And that without taking in account that we don't know much about this substance yet.

I'm going to get a few beta-blockers to keep on hand for future situations. Just knowing that I had a remedy available would have reduced anxiety.

Just wanted to point out that beta-blockers are not recommended for drugs that active the alpha adrenergic system. If you block the beta receptors, most of the dopamine ends up binding to the alpha receptors.....not good.

Yes, I've read that myself. IME though 25mg of atenolol, slows me down and makes things MUCH better. Beta-blockers are used for instances of tachycardia in the ER, it's only been in online posts that I've seen them contraindicated. I think if it's a massive stimulant overdose there might be a problem with the DA that would have gone on Beta goes to Alpha. My doses are usually never that high and tachycardia is usually just a pain because it keeps me awake.

But I agree with the above. Take with respect, monitor symptoms.