• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine recreational dosage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franklin Waters

Bluelighter
I took a total of 240mg of codeine in an hour and hardly feel anything at all. What is a good recreational dose of codeine, for someone who weighs roughly 150 and has no opiate tolerance?

Last edited:
Well 240mg should hit you if you have no tolerance so clearly you're in the minority who do not metabolise Codeine well at all. Perhaps you could try Dihydrocodeine?

Never come into contact with any. Considering the "weakness" of codeine, I only used it because it was easily available, not because it's especially pleasurable or anything. Don't get me wrong, the buzz is pretty cool, but a bit subtle for my liking. But yeah, if I ever do run into anyone with some dihydrocodeine, I'll most likely give it a shot. I'm pretty experimental, and love opiates too.

well, that buzz that you get is pretty much all i get, and i don't find opiates to be all they are talked up to be. ive tried oxy,hydro,codeine, and hydromorphine. all seems to give me that buzz your talking about and thats pretty much it. 240mg of codeine is alot

A dose 200mg+ should give you a nice buzz. Not sure why you wouldn't feel it other than tolerance probably having something to do with it. Regardless codeine is a weak opiate and I find I can only get a buzz from it if I haven't taken any the entire day and on an empty stomach.

^ He might not feel it because around 10% of the Caucasian population are poor metabolizers of codeine, meaning that they can't convert it into morphine and experience recreational or full analgesic effects.

maybe u fucked up your CWE... maybe your liver doesn't metabolize codeine roperly into morphine.... try 350mg, and take an anti-histamine before hand.. and take into account that you're gonna lose about 20mg in the CWE

A lot of opiate naive people seem to get good off like 60-90mg the first time they try codeine, personally I wouldn't say codeine becomes really recreational for most people at less than 150-200mg. I didn't mind it at doses of 100 to just over 200mg but never really fell in love until I first dosed 350mg or so.

I have started off everyone I put onto it on small doses, but very few responded well to much below 300mg or so. If 240 did literally nothing I would bump that up to maybe 360mg.

It is worth bearing in mind you may be part of the small percentage of people who cannot metabolise codeine into morphine, if this is the case you wont get high off any dose of codeine.

First opiate I ever took was Codeine and I needed 430mg to catch a light buzz.

Yeah some people are real sensitive and other aren't, you gotta test the waters slowly incase your sensitive but in my experience it is not uncommon for opiate naive people to have worked their dose up to 300-400mg before really appreciating it or getting a strong high. I have to admit this may partially be caused by a need to experiment a few times with opiates to get a feel for what they offer and truly apreciate them, but it certainly doesn't shock me to read first timers getting shitty effects off 240mg. I would like to put a little disclaimer here and say do not go out and try 400mg for your first codeine dose as you are asking for trouble, the truth is theres a good chance you will hit that dose within a few doses but it is always best to titrate your dose up over a few experiments in case you are allergic or otherwise sensitive to it.

I also found after getting good effects on or just above 300mg my tolerance shot up pretty quickly to 450-500mg before semi stablising, tolerance still rises beyond this but to me it seemed to happen slower than it did for lower doses to become supposed "ceiling doses". I am not entirely sure a ceiling exists, atleast not with everybody or maybe it is just higher than generally reported. I have dosed much higher than the approximate 400-600mg ceiling dose to greater effect. I suppose it could be possible as one became more tolerant to codeine their liver became efficient at metabolising greater amounts?

This link suggests the LD50 (dose that kills 50% of test subjects administered the dose) for codeine is 800mg but may be as low as 500mg. Keeping that in mind it is very unlikely 300-400mg of codeine on its own will kill even a non tolerant individual who isn't allergic if it isn't combined with other drugs. However as codeine generally causes death due to a massive histamine release and secondary to that via respiratory depression the dose at which it becomes toxic may not be entirely relevant when talking about potential to cause death.

Even if OD'ing on 300-400mg of codeine is not overly likely to result in death I do promise that it will be a highly nauseating and unpleasant experience for you. I have always figured since codeine primarily caused death due to its strong histamine reaction that taking an antihistamine with it would reduce the risk of complications. If you are opiate naive a non sedating antihistamine would be wise as some sedating antihistamines (eg. doxylamine, promethazine, etc.) increase the risk of complications associated with CNS depression, although probably not significantly in reasonable doses. I can't reccomend a non drowsy antihistamine as I don't use them, I am sure it wouldn't be hard to find some info on good ones. Claritin/loratadine springs to mind as a potentially good place to start. For a sedating antihistamine I reccomend trying 25mg of doxylamine succinate to a beginner. Whether or not there is any real basis to say an antihistamine reduces the risk of certain complications associated with codeine it will certainly reduce some of the side effects such as itching and nausea and probably provide an opiate naive person with a much better experience overall.

Last edited:
I am prescribed codeine painkillers for migraines. (500mg of APAP 30mg Codeine.)
that is how i found out about codeine i when i take my recommended amount of pills (2) i fill pretty good i get the warm relaxed chilled feeling. but since getting glasses i stopped taking them so i decided to use the rest of my proscription recreationally couple of weeks ago i used the cwe on a dosage of about 210mg of codeine i did the cwe right and it was good i got a full high experience and it was a good time. i decided to finish the last of my tablets of today so i preformed another cwe on about 270mg worth of tablets i preformed the cwe exactly how i did it the first time to the letter and after i drank it i was expecting a good time buuuttt after an hour of waiting nothing i did not feel any high wat so ever nothing after another 10 minutes or so i got the itchy's but no high at all was a big waste of my tablets and time.

i want to know what happened i don't have a high tolerance i have only been taking these tablets every once in awhile for like a month but yea im just wondering because its weird thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.