• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

does ritalin have a lot of recreational value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahaaahah +10 to onuki!

It might have some rec value, a decade or more ago, me and a girl used to crush them up and snort, at the time I remember thinking it had some kind of good effect, so much so that I did it again and again... Then I found opiates.

You could try it, but I think you will probably get just as perved from swallowing them, then you will obviously be buzzing.

---> bdd

Don't be surprised if it gets closed.

none at all,

in high doses its just horrible rather than pleasurable

I prefer ritalin to adderall, but then again im prescribed adderall so mabey its just a "the grass is always greener on the other side" type of thing

I never really thought they had any recreational value, but I snorted several about a week ago. For the first time in years I don't have much tolerance for stimulants and they weren't bad.

actually, I find the initial rush from a line of methylphenidate feels REALLY GOOD. However the high degrades quickly, makes you very jittery and paranoid quickly and then the comedown is horrible (worse than crack imo). I also lose the ability to talk after being high for too long on ritalin. Its like the brain to mouth conversion so long and I cant just spit it out.

actually, I find the initial rush from a line of methylphenidate feels REALLY GOOD. However the high degrades quickly, makes you very jittery and paranoid quickly and then the comedown is horrible (worse than crack imo). I also lose the ability to talk after being high for too long on ritalin. Its like the brain to mouth conversion so long and I cant just spit it out.

This ^
People would ask "What the fuck are you on dude?" when I'd be curled up in the corner tweaked and coming down I'd never be able to tell them, get through 3 words and just say "Oh fuck it, tell you later"
But tbh the rush from the IR snorted is amazing but short-lived - it's a lot like coke in that regard, a great high, while it lasts, and then hours of wishing you'd stopped at 120mg....

Ritalin is a sch ll stimulant-along with medical Methamphetamine, Dextroamphetamine, Adderall-for a plain reason-it CAN be highly abusable/habit forming.

It ain't called kiddy coke for no reason.

Well I hope I get perscribeed adderall or something rather than this horrible comedown stuff we call ritalin

"Well I hope I get perscribeed adderall"

See you here in the future blaming your "amphetamine addiction) and loss of life on the Docs.

Bye

how can you even snort ritalin as it doesnt crush up into powder form?

The ones with beads are easy to snort, it's when you get the "bulletproof" pills as they were known within my group of friends that problems arise. Funnily enough we stopped using them shortly after the supply of "beaded" pills dried up.

"Well I hope I get perscribeed adderall"

See you here in the future blaming your "amphetamine addiction) and loss of life on the Docs.

Bye

So all the multi millions of people prescribed Adderall have lost their life? I'm prescribed Adderall and I certainly haven't tossed mine away. I've been prescribed it (along with Dexedrine or Desoxyn...and occasion Ritalin) for over 14 years and I easily function, in fact I function better with them than without them because my symptoms of ADD affect my life in so many negative ways. Those with ADD aren't supposed to go off their meds anyway.

You can't snort Ritalin anymore? What did they change the production of all their brand and generic name pills? When I was prescribed them on and off for years they were incredibly easy to crush and snort.

To the OP, I hate Ritalin but it does have recreational value. When snorted they can give a rush like really crappy cut coke. It lasts about 30 minutes and then followed by a sharp, awful crash leaving you all tweaked out. Orally I never found them recreational, in fact they make me feel like shit but some do get high from high doses.

ALL human beings are euphoria addicts--a bottle of 100 Dexamphetamine tabs in front of me is like 'more now and again'

I'm resurrecting this post because I'm bored.
So I take 72mg of concerta (orally, obviously) a day and then 20mg ritalin in 5mg portions over the day and/or 20mg at the end of the day.
I can focus, it makes the days I have nothing to do like living hell and the productive days even more productive.

I did snort it at some point, the problem is: my blood pressure.
I do take quite a high dose for medical purposes on top of Effexor 150mg that I just can't get rid off because of the withdrawal symptoms.
The thing is, I used to take more concerta 108mg(2*54) and more ritalin, sometimes finishing my 20 pills in a 2 days.
It did make me more hyperactive than I would have been without it while taking the dose I currently take just makes me calm (and bored most of the time)
Well I feel stressed out, anxious or hell if I took too much and feel jittery I take a xanax and it calms me down.

Ritalin doesn't have much recreational value, the caffeine "high" has me more addicted than ritalin.
Now this may be because I actually have adhd but, I don't know, it's just hard to believe.
Sometimes when doing something fun I do indeed get about 5 minutes feeling like I'm on cut down coke but that's 5 minutes 30 minutes after taking concerta.
And it's sometimes, like when I'm focused on a dark souls mission and realise I am not dying for some reasons, feel great then feel high for a bit.

Basically, it can produce euphoria but you're better off smoking weed if that's what you're chasing.
You'll get actually high and euphoric instead of a virtual "orgasm" not in the sense that it is good but in the sense that it takes too long to achieve and doesn't last long enough.

When I plug 50mg ritalin with 2.5mg xanax I get a very strong simulant rush with alot of energy, motivation, confidence and euphoria. The crash is horrible though...

Not recreational for me but more functional. For instance it works miracles on a date or when I have to give a presentation to large groups of people.

I fucking hate Ritalin... such a shitty high and the comedown that it comes with is rediculous!

Status
Not open for further replies.