WARNING: Etaqualone

Jamshyd

Bluelight Crew
This is NOT your old phenazepam, which is already dangerous. It should be treated with even more care than benzos.

This is something that very few people are familiar with because it has been virtually non-existent since the 70's. This is very similar to what "ludes" were but feels weaker, hence people think they need to take more.

It has recently started being available openly and already almost claimed the life of one BLer.

Be careful with this shit, and don't even think about taking it without a mg scale!

Not much is known about the dosing, or anything really. Start low.

AGAIN, THIS STUFF CAN KILL YOU IF USED IMPROPERLY!

Spread the word.

Rudimentary info on Etaqualone.

Better info on Methaqualone, its better known cousin.

Last edited:
anything can kill you used improperly. Phenazepam is no worse then other high potency benzo's.

alcohol is quite toxic and its overdose can lead death or brain damage from hypoxia with ease

treat qualones like barbiturates..yes, they're dangerous, but not being an airhead should prevent any problems.

But just in the spirit of toxic and edgey substances, I'd love to nominate the 5HT releaser thats also a SERT inhibitor and an MAOI in one neat package....thanks for 2-c-t-7 good doctor.

Etaqualone does not equal Methaqualone.

I know some people are going to get that mixed up when not carefully reading all the information in front of them.

^ Reworded to better reflect the above. But anyway, the two may not be the same, but they seem to be equally dangerous.

anything can kill you used improperly. Phenazepam is no worse then other high potency benzo's.
No it isn't, but there are countless stories on BL alone about how stupid people can go with it.

alcohol is quite toxic and its overdose can lead death or brain damage from hypoxia with ease
Granted, but this warning is about Etaqualone, not Alcohol. I reworded it though.

treat qualones like barbiturates..yes, they're dangerous, but not being an airhead should prevent any problems.
And how many people have you met who actually know how to treat barbiturates?

But just in the spirit of toxic and edgey substances, I'd love to nominate the 5HT releaser thats also a SERT inhibitor and an MAOI in one neat package....thanks for 2-c-t-7 good doctor.

Sure, I'm not a fan of 2C-T-7 either. But this post is meant to raise awareness of the dangers of something new and unfamiliar to most people. Much has been said of the dangers of 2C-T-7 here and on Erowid. If you feel more needs to be said, feel free to post a warning about it.

I know that Etaqualone does not equal Methaqualone.It sure as hell would be cool if it was like it,man i only got to try ludes 2 times but i liked them a lot,,,certainly would not be my pill or drug of choice but defintely would like to get to eat a lude here and there...well i can dream i guess...lol

Hello Rangrz,

Do you have any reference to show 2-CT-7 (2,5-dimethoxy-4-(n)-propylthiophenethylamine) is an MAOI and an SERT inhibitor and a 5HT releaser 8o ???

If I remember correctly 2-CT-7 is an MAO-B>MAO-A>>>CYP 2D6 enzymatic substrate and act mainly by 5HT2A/2C agonism and in a lesser extent 5HT1A agonism.

Maybe did you want to write 4-MTA (1-(4-methylthiophenyl)-2- aminopropane) or 4-MTMA (N-monomethyl-1-(4-methylthiophenyl)-2-aminopropane)?

And by the way 4-MTA has been synthetised by Nichols and al. and 2-CT-7 by A.T.Shulgin (not the same "good doctor").

Cordialy K.

Last edited:
Are people having seizures again?

If not, than it doesn't sound as bad as the prior. Its certainly more dangerous than benzos.

This is NOT your old phenazepam, which is already dangerous. It should be treated with even more care than benzos.

This is something that very few people are familiar with because it has been virtually non-existent since the 70's. This is very similar to what "ludes" were but feels weaker, hence people think they need to take more.

It has recently started being available openly and already almost claimed the life of one BLer.

Be careful with this shit, and don't even think about taking it without a mg scale!

Not much is known about the dosing, or anything really. Start low.

AGAIN, THIS STUFF CAN KILL YOU IF USED IMPROPERLY!

Spread the word.

Rudimentary info on Etaqualone.

Better info on Methaqualone, its better known cousin.

QFT.

I was brooding on similar concern when I cam upon this.

Drugs are like exotic pets or automobiles. They are tools or companions, but if you disrespect them they'll send you over a bridge and chew a rather sizable appendage off.

Thanks for the warning/looking out for us, I've had similar feelings about this and will make sure to pass along the word whenever it's brought up.

QFT.

I was brooding on similar concern when I came upon this.

Drugs are like exotic pets or automobiles. They are tools or companions, but if you disrespect them they'll send you over a bridge and chew a rather sizable appendage off.

This was bumped by some jilted half-mad cretin with a bad whiskey jones and the morals of a slut on acid, but I'll quote myself for anyone coming across this thread today.

Heed caution.

Holy shit, now I know why this thread exists. I got a 300mg sample and downed it around noon, thinking I'd have a nice sedating buzz for a few hours until I made dinner for my girlfriend. An hour after I dosed I decided it would be a good idea to take 40mg of mxe, then an hour after that I took another 40 mg. Dinner sucked and my girlfriend told me I was acting weird. There was no reason for me to have taken that mxe. Good thing I don't have any more etaqualone.

I have obtained a sample of this stuff about two years ago. I would say its not a super potent drug as far as mg for mg goes, but the effects are extremely intoxicating. I think I downed a couple hundred mg and that was with a scale.

Ever had the feeling of where you are just super super drunk from consuming too much alcohol, combined the the effects of taking a very high dose of soma to reach a state of so called soma coma? That was how I described the effects was like. Also I find it to be very sloppy, I was knocking over things running into the wall, tripping over objects and woke up all bruised up. I don't have much recollection of what happened when I was under the influence of the drug, the memory loss effect is worst than a high dose benzo.

I can say in the interest of harm reduction be careful and use caution while researching this compound. At least if you plan on using it, have a trip sitting and don't be in public.

-PLUR

Who would want to be like that?

I totally hate the effects of being super drunk (to the point u can barely walk) or totally fucked up (to the point where you can't remember anything). What's the fun in that?

No wonder you never hear of quaaludes when it comes to recreational drugs. Nobody likes that shit.