• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax XR/ER for once and for all??

bluntedskier

Bluelighter
Prelude: I have very throughly researched all the threads on this on both BL and other sites... and never really got anywhere with answers.

I am perscribed 2mg generic & non-generic (if that actually matters) Xanax extended release pills. Other than making me slightly more lethargic, they actually seem to work quite well for my overall anxiety.

However, there are times of sleeplessness or more severe anxiety that I wish there was a way to turn an XR tab into even 75% of what taking a regular IR bar does/feels like.. this is not about trying to abuse my prescription. I am sure many of you can relate - and there are days where you don't just need a slow 'all day calming effect.'

On the instructions for the prescription it clearly states "do not chew or crush extended-release tablets. Doing so can release all of the drug at once..." So you would logically think xanax XR would be no different than say Adderall XR or a regular extended release oxycodone - simply crush and it defeats the XR...

Although through all the reading I've done it seems as though that it is the chemical-structure of the drug molecules itself is responsible for the extended release and crushing it or any reasonably-simple extraction will and does not work?

I am just confused by why it would say that on the bottle and label, plus the fact in the end the drug itself is Alprazolam - the same exact drug that you get when you take a regular xanax IR bar.

I've heard of soaking in GFJ or alcohol etc but nothing I read seemed conclusive or really worth it.

Also, as for dosage. I forgot to ask my doctor this today, now he's away on vacation.

If you take 2mg XR x 4 = 6mg XR at once let's say, how much alprazolam are you actually getting? 1mg every 2 hours? 2 mg?

blahhhh :|

http://www.xanax.com/how-once-daily-works.asp

Thats a link the the xanax xr site, and a graph that may explain how 6mgs of xr at once works compared to 1.5mgs 4x throughout the day.

And PsychadelicJay has a method of making the xr into ir which I will post below:
Make sure you have crushed the pills up to a powder, or as fine as you can get it.
Have a fairly mid-high proof alcohol.(Vodka or Everclear) Vodka for most since you are already aware of the adding effect of alcohol.

Have a nice 1-2 ounces of vodka and pour your powder in this.(not enough to have a real effect on you.
Let it soak, and then shake this god awful looking mixture.
After about 5 minutes of continuous shaking, the alprazolam is in the alcohol and not the gel.
All you have to do now at this point is down it, and enjoy.

This will bypass the XR mechanism.

2 x 4 = 6?

haha :) i'd never even heard of those things until i went to my friend's little brother's fraternity house before a football game last season. don't they look pretty much just like regular bars? i didn't even really believe the guy who gave me one when he said it was xr bc i was unfamiliar. so they gel when wet?

okay then what I am asking is that how many mg of XR will you have to take at once to feel like you took say 2mg of regular IR?

And also does GRAPFRUIT JUICE really actually make a difference? I've fucked around with it before but never noticed anything (and I only drink Simply Grapefruit which is 100% grapefruit juice)

I also heard it potentates the negative effects aka sedation, grogginess, not the positive ones ?

spill me some knowledge though because im about go to pick up some Xanax XR 2mg, Gabapentin (neurton) and hopefully some Ambien CR if the pharmacy has it,

thanks

Alright yo, I was prescibed xanax ir for over 4 yrs, then the xr for a little while when weaning off.

Without doing the alcohol extraction I listed above, I found it very hard to get a good feeling out of the XRs. 2-3mgs of IR would have me feeling really good, but with the XR, I took 6mgs and it didn't even feel like I took 2mgs. It didn't knock me out like a bar. A lot of people get frustrated with them, and give up on trying to get high off them.

The best thing about xanax ir compared to other benzos is its fast onset, which gets you buzzed.... well taking an xr form takes away the fast onset and buzz, and leaves u with a longer mellower buzz and just doesnt do it for many people.

If you are looking from a buzz from it, follow the method I posted in this thread a couple days ago.

don't they look pretty much just like regular bars? i didn't even really believe the guy who gave me one when he said it was xr bc i was unfamiliar. so they gel when wet?

They don't look like bars. Mylans are circles, just like regular mylan alprazolam. The rest that I got were pentagons.

So if you got the bar, then you got the IR.

Alright yo, I was prescibed xanax ir for over 4 yrs, then the xr for a little while when weaning off.

Without doing the alcohol extraction I listed above, I found it very hard to get a good feeling out of the XRs. 2-3mgs of IR would have me feeling really good, but with the XR, I took 6mgs and it didn't even feel like I took 2mgs. It didn't knock me out like a bar. A lot of people get frustrated with them, and give up on trying to get high off them.

The best thing about xanax ir compared to other benzos is its fast onset, which gets you buzzed.... well taking an xr form takes away the fast onset and buzz, and leaves u with a longer mellower buzz and just doesnt do it for many people.

If you are looking from a buzz from it, follow the method I posted in this thread a couple days ago.

the part i dont get is that "1-2" ounces of high proof vodka (I am not a lightweight) would no doubt overpower any pure alarazpam that might become extracted into the mix.

And how long you do you mix/let yours sit for?

So if you got the bar, then you got the IR.

yeah, i must have. the kid who gave to me must have been confused or maybe i misunderstood him or something. that's the only time i've heard of xr alpraz except on here

I poured 3/4 of a shot into the glass. I think what happens is that the alcohol is able to dissolve the alprazolam, but not the xr mechanism, hence separating the two. I let it sit about 5 minutes after shaking. I had transfered it into a cup w/ a lid to do the shaking.

Same in switzerland Xanax Retard. I won't try to dissolve it now. I've got clonazepam IR so dont need any faster acting benzo for now.