• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

⫸STICKY⫷ Marquis/Mecke/Mandellin results for stim/empathogen/2C-X, RC's & more

Hello Azo,

Thanks you very much for sharing your work with us!
Great post.

Cordially K.

Can anyone add AMT to the tryptamines list?

I've been trying to get some to test, but I havn't been able to due to US laws. Got scheduled after some moron managed to kill themselves with it (i think via either massive overdose, or combination with an MAOI; forget which).

I have the synthetic cannabinoids, plus a new set of stimulant/empathogens done. But both of my camera cables are missing, so posting of that is on hold until they are located.

I removed the results for 6-APB, because I cannot confidently say that it is 6-APB. In fact, i'm now 90% sure that it is not 6-APB (and I have a sample which i am more confident is 6-APB which tests completely differently). I'm trying to work around the UK benzofury distribution chain (which , by all appearances, is a bunch of real yahoos!) and get some clean samples.

Was either of the two tested samples of supposedly 6-APB either in capsule form or from the benzofury "official 5"?

Was any of the samples of supposedly 5-APB from the either of the two vendors who also posted NMR Spectral data which was then published on page 2 and 3 of this page http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=507684&highlight=6-apb+CAS+number both of which have been shown to contain impurities?

Last edited:
To TheAzo:

Firstly thank you for your comprehensive reagent test of so many chemicals. This is the best list I have come across. I keep my own list and photos of results I've witnessed as I've found numerous strange results that do not match on different web sites. Here are some things you may find interesting or different from your tests...

Methylone (bk-MDMA)
I've tested 3 different batches from 3 different companies over the years. All went yellow to Marquis. From my photos at least 1 batch reacted yellow to Mandelin. You have reported no reaction to Mandelin. Can anyone else confirm if Methylone (bk-MDMA) turns yellow or not with Mandelin? Unfortunately in the last couple of years when I replaced my test kit I got EZ-Extreme so don't have access to Mandelin or Mecke.

Here is the batch I tested from 2005:
m12005.jpg

Mephedrone (4-MMC)
No pictures of reagents but I have witnessed none or next to no reaction with 4-MMC to Marquis. This is the same as TheAzo but in contrast to some other people out there who seem to get a yellow to Marquis. It will react however to Simons but not as strong reaction as MDxx. Here is a pic of the 4-MMC I have tested:
4mmc.jpg

also worth noting is capsules I've come across sold as MDMA, test up in the same way as 4-MMC I've tested (no reaction to Marquis, blue reaction to Simons) and have the same kind of sweet chemically RC taste that is not like MDxx.

2C-E
I have tested 2 batches each from the same company. Both had a different appearance. Both were very active and fairly similar in effect. Both tested differently to Marquis.

This is the 2006 Batch with none or next to no reaction to Marquis: Notice light white or slighty yellow white, fluffy, flakey appearance.
2006batch.jpg

--Update March 2011--
Okay so it seems when I tested the 2006 batch originally in '06 I was in the habit of using very small amounts to test, I think I just used too little to get a result with Marquis. I managed to get some of the exact same 2006 batch from a friend I left it with who I saw last year and I tested it with a new kit. Marquis this time with good amount of 2C-E went yellow to dark orangey yellow then almost light brown. Here's a pic of the re-test I did last year:
2cefrom06retested.jpg

This is the 2008 Batch: No picture of reagent but this did turn light yellow with Marquis. Notice it has a darker off white appearance and is heavier looking in the bag.
2008batch.jpg

The other difference is that the 2006 batch I used a test kit that was around 2-3years old. The 2008 batch was tested with new Marquis reagent. How old is the Marquis reagent you used TheAzo?

2C-D
My reactions were using a new test kit. Marquis went bright yellow not brown. Effects seemed consistent with reports.
d2008.jpg

2C-I
I tested 2 batches of 2C-I from different sources. Both have tested up similar. The main difference to TheAzo is with Marquis mine have gone brown in the first few seconds before yellow/green. This batch was from 2008, high potency, bright white and very sparkly. Tested with a new kit.
i2008.jpg

I also got brown with Mecke like TheAzo. I however did not test with Mandelin and I am wondering why does TheAzo say that Mandelin was clear for 2C-I yet in his photos it appears brown?

Last edited:
wow. all i can say is wow.

thats a lot of effort putting into it dude. This is def a WIN post for harm reduction to the max :)

Got my camera cable. And samples of YET ANOTHER GODDAMNED BATCH OF 6-APB as well as a vanishingly small amount of lovely clear MDAT crystals mixed with yellow crud.

Will be adding results today.

Very useful thread ... off to do some further testing on an unidentified substance turning bright yellow to dark pea green.

my results for Methylone, Mephedrone and Butylone are across in http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=491284 but for ease I'll add them in here

user60367pic68171260235.jpg

M1: Stong Yellow, Brown, Brownish
4-MMC -Pale Yellow, No real change brownish tinges may have been contamination, pale greenish
B1: Strong Yellow, Brown, Brownish

I suppose the strong yellow could almost be orange

and buffer, simons & robadope

75897900.jpg

also the works for MDPV

mdpvreagentscopy.jpg

Note: though it seems the general consensus on the pale yellow I got (along with many other people) for mephedrone was probably as a result of a synthesis contaminant.

Last edited: