• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

⫸STICKY⫷ Marquis/Mecke/Mandellin results for stim/empathogen/2C-X, RC's & more

Yes; AFAIK none of the popular NBOME's (25i, 25c, 25b) react as DOC. DOC reacts specifically strong with marquis. It usually turns intense green very quickly. None of the previously mentioned nbomes turn intense green with marquis :)

@lolwhatdrugz

When you get new set of reagents keep them cold. You will drastically increase shelf life. :)

Does anyone know how would different 3C-X compounds react under different reagents?

The shit I was sold was so old it went bad in a second or already was (it was not from dancesafe or the other well known sellers... I should have paid the extra money)... I'm considering just buying some formalin and a little conc. H2SO4 and just making a ml at a time or something.... thoughts?

DOJ says the standard is 40% though... anyone think this would fuck it up? Apparently that isn't really sold (to peons) as all you don't need it concentrated for the preservation of bio-specimens. For just a bit more then I paid for the three reagents I could make a gallon of marquis... buy some selenous acid (with the sulfuric) and I've got mecke... Ammonium metavanadate (also with the sulfuric) and mandelin!

Might just invest in the stuff and sell the rest to order (on some popular website for selling stuff) or something. I think the asshole who sold it to me pre-made the stuff and didn't give a shit it went bad.

So I got "harmaline," but it tested orange with marquis and didn't test positive with ehrlich. Does anyone have any input here? I could really use some help.

Edit: dug it up buried in a nexus post, these results are legit. For anyone coming across this with the same question I had, orange/red/brown with marquis and yellow with ehrlich is the correct results for harmaline.

Last edited:
med_gallery_10057_259_581517.jpg

They are all still good and react as they should. It's interesting to see the difference, between the ones that are of the same age but one was kept in the fridge.

med_gallery_10057_259_1063372.jpg

Keep your reagents refrigerated ;)

Hi everyone. I posted in the pill id section but since i have a video maybe you can help me. I used Markie to test some pills that I found in an envelope that was coming from Poland, completely by accident. I've posted pictures of the pills in the other forum.they are white round and has no identification marks other than a line down the middle for splitting them. They are about the size of my 5 mg adderall pills only thicker. With the test of marqueit was first yellow and then started turning orange.I did the best I could to get the video to focus on the color. One thing to note is after the video when I clean the tube the introduction of water turned the little pieces in the tube sort of a pinkish reddish color. Here's the video Marquis test: http://youtu.be/6aTZw9fZsHA

a little background information for curiosity. I work for an apartment community and the envelope was sitting on the package show for a couple of months so after trying to look up the name and apartment number I found that it was no one that ever lived here in the apartment number is not correct, so I opened it and inside there were advertisements and folded inside the advertisements was packing tape folded flat. When I cut open the packing tape there were more than a hundred of these white pills. the package was originally from Poland.
please excuse any typos As I am using voice to text.

also I apologize for letting the drop go on the paper towel as it turns dark when the paper towel absorb the liquid.

@Doldrugs 2-fa gives no reaction with mecke and marquis, we are waiting for our fresh mandelin so we will be able to post the results.

www.reagent-base.net is under construction; if someone wishes to help somehow all help is welcome :)

@Doldrugs 2-fa gives no reaction with mecke and marquis, we are waiting for our fresh mandelin so we will be able to post the results.

www.reagent-base.net is under construction; if someone wishes to help somehow all help is welcome :)

holy holy holy FUCK

Amazing website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY FUCK!

How can one help?

As I posted, those sites sell such reagents for prices which obviously turn a large profit. 15ml of m*(forgot which one) costs pennies to make if you have H2SO4 and 40% formalin... both can be had for 40 bucks each(for both and shipping) and 12 OUNCES - 354ml each, so 600+ml reageant total for forty bucks... and they're charging 20 for 15...... I believe I read a little methanol can be added so the color change is slowed a bit.

I'm considering making my own of the few marquis mecke mandelin (all reageants to make those three can be bought... on ebay lol) and selling them for cheaper in glass bottles made in smaller batches... I bought a 3 pack for 20 bucks but it was in plastic bottles and obviously had not been store properly as they were already odd colors.... Hell I could probably sell 3 packs for 10 bucks free shipping and still turn a 5 buck profit on each sale.

Hi uncle_bud would you mind checking out my video above and letting me know what you think?

Unfortunately i see no video :D

Well one can help with submitting info about vendors of reagents, lab's that can test drugs and other things related and not indexed. This would be of great help! :)

Regarding the cost of reagent production... yes; they are very cheap to produce! However i would advise you to take proper care if you are going to produce them! If you don't have any chemistry background knowledge and a place to do it safely i would avoid doing anything but marquis. Some precursors are very toxic! I know that the method sounds easy on the internet :) Check the MSDS of precursors and you will see.

Last edited:
Good advice.

The marquis is the formalin+H2SO4, I haven't looked at the msds for selenious acid or ammonium metavanadate. Probably a good place to start. It's probably just a pipe dream, but it is disconcerting that the supposed harm reduction places sell for such a profit but maybe I'm not considering other things that they need in order to make it? I would assume that you don't need a license or anything for those chemicals..... just that they're hazerdous. You might need a shop and a license where you can mix and store them with a vent hood and papers but I don't know. I'd have to look into it.... But I mean they're not substances used for drug production or watched chemicals just basic chemicals mixed to make preliminary indicator reagents.

Shulgin on the marquis:
ARCHIVE: October 5, 2001

MDMA (Ecstasy) and the Marquis Reagent

Dear Dr. Shulgin:

Hi. I am writing a 7000 word essay about ecstasy, and I can't seem to find the information I need about the Marquis Reagent. Could you tell me what it is and what it does? Thank you.

-- Ann

Dear Ann:

The Marquis reagent is a spot test for alkaloids that was first reported in 1896. The original testing agent was a mixture of 2 drops of 40% formaldehyde and 3 milliliters of concentrated sulfuric acid. It was originally used for detecting small amounts of certain alkaloids, and for distinguishing between them. The signature of the alkaloid is both the initial color produced, as well as the sequence of color changes occurring with time. In the early days the Marquis reagent was used primarily to distinguish the opium alkaloids. Each alkaloid had a pattern of color change. It is being used today as one of the identifying tools in trying to establish just what may be present in something that is sold as ecstasy. The compounds in the MDA, MDMA, MDE family give a purple-black color, whereas with amphetamine the color is usually an orange brown.

As the test is extremely sensitive, no estimate can be easily made as to the quantity of alkaloid present. And of course, a dark color will tend to hide a light color. As with all assays requiring subjective interpretation, experience is everything. Unfortunately, with our present restrictive stance on Scheduled drugs, it is almost impossible to get documented reference samples of alkaloids of interest, further limiting the accuracy of this kind of field tests.

-- Dr. Shulgin

Just received my new order of 2C-E and with the recent report of bromo dragonfly mislabeled I made sure to test this batch. I am a bit confused on the results. This thread reads:
2C-E:
Marquis - Very faint brown, fading to clear.
Mecke - Dark brown

In the picture, you can see Marquis at the top, which seems to match.
But the Mecke test doesn't match? After 5 minutes of the substance in the Mecke reagent I did see a distinct dark brown color floating on top that is not represented in this picture. Anyone have any experience with this that could help?

NSFW:
img03331q.jpg

Bromo-Dragonfly comes up gray on Marquis for me on two separate batches. Maybe a hint of grren in it a la DOB but grey.

If someone has 3F-Phenmetrazine please do test it!

3F-P (non verified)

Marquis: clear
Mandelin: orange
Mecke: clear

(writing this from memory, could be off!, will update with lab cert and photos on Wednesday!)

Do you have any idea what the substance you are filming is? What was it bought as? If you have no idea, i can't help much. Reagents are not 100% accurate and can be almost useless if you are trying to identify some mysterious powder. They come in handy let's say when you suspect something to be MDMA and you can compare results with the color charts. It would also be good if you would test this substance with mandelin and mecke to narrow down the options.

2C-E gives a similar color with marquis, but so do many other substances.

I see you filmed this in a public toilet? :)

Here are the pictures of 3F-Phenmetrazine (verified by GC/MS)

(if you click on the picture it will take you to the youtube video)

Marquis:

Mandelin:

Mecke:

And while im at it:

Dimethylone bk-MDDA

Marquis:

Mandelin:

Mecke:

www.reagent-base.net

Last edited: